2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

After two year of regret I found my old Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/14, 08:07 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After two year of regret I found my old Mustang

In January of 2012 I foolishly decided to sell my 2010 GT and I have regretted it immediately and every day since then. Not counting the one I had for three weeks before it was totaled it was my first new Mustang and the only car I grew attached to. It was also the first and only car I put time and money into with almost weekly detailing, adding GT500 wheels , exhaust and a Roush M90 supercharger. A few months after selling I contacted the person I sold the car to but found out that he had already traded the car in and the dealer had sold the car a few days before I contacted him. I started checking craigslist and using google to look up the vin incase the car came back up for sale. I eventually found out about checkmyride.com and learned that the car was registered in Georgetown SC. I kept checking craigslist hoping the car would come back up for sale but with no luck. This past Saturday I looked up the vin again and I noticed more results then usual. After two years of regret I finally found it... a 1,000 miles away in Lewisville TX. I'm tempted to either drive out and trade my Focus ST or try to sell the car locally and fly out before the dealer can sell the car.

Taken the day it was purchased:
Name:  IMAG0013.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  136.9 KB
Name:  IMAG0014.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  134.5 KB

Name:  IMAG0042.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  118.2 KB

The car now:

Old 1/20/14, 08:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow - someone gave the car a dose of horsepower. Go snap that baby up if you want her back.
Old 1/20/14, 08:46 PM
GT Member

go get it if you can afford it!!! you will regret it bad if you dont
Old 1/20/14, 08:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's insane 007. Grab her before she's gone, you will regret it if you don't.
Old 1/20/14, 10:17 PM
GTR Member

Why not feed your need with a NEW ONE???

Faster than a M90 Roushcharged 2010 car, and NEW!!!
Old 1/20/14, 10:42 PM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Why not feed your need with a NEW ONE??? Faster than a M90 Roushcharged 2010 car, and NEW!!!
Sometimes its not about having the newer or faster model. Its the emotional attachment you get with a car you truly care about. Doing your own work, giving it some TLC every weekend. Its the bond a man and his car achieve. I cried when i lost my car to the fault of an inattentive driver blowing through a stop sign. So when theres a bond formed between a man and his car, theres no real way to seperate them. He found this car after two years! Thats dedication and that makes me proud to share this space with true enthusiasts

OP, if you can swing it GO FOR IT! Shes not gonna be there forever so jump on the chance ASAP.
Old 1/20/14, 11:05 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts
like they said in that movie…if you love something set it free. if it loves you back it will come home to you…or something like that LMAO
Old 1/20/14, 11:16 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
like they said in that movie…if you love something set it free. if it loves you back it will come home to you…or something like that LMAO
If you love something, let it go. If if comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.

Old 1/20/14, 11:19 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by CCTking
Sometimes its not about having the newer or faster model. Its the emotional attachment you get with a car you truly care about. Doing your own work, giving it some TLC every weekend. Its the bond a man and his car achieve. I cried when i lost my car to the fault of an inattentive driver blowing through a stop sign. So when theres a bond formed between a man and his car, theres no real way to seperate them. He found this car after two years! Thats dedication and that makes me proud to share this space with true enthusiasts

OP, if you can swing it GO FOR IT! Shes not gonna be there forever so jump on the chance ASAP.
But, he can lavish all that attention on a new car just as well.
Old 1/20/14, 11:21 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by CCTking
But, he can lavish all that attention on a new car just as well.

OOPS!!!

Last edited by Ltngdrvr; 1/20/14 at 11:23 PM.
Old 1/20/14, 11:44 PM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
But, he can lavish all that attention on a new car just as well. OOPS!!!
But why spend more money on a new car when he found the car he had already dumped plenty money into as well as time? Yes you can pour money into newer cars that are already as fast or faster than an older modded one. But he had already taken several steps to make his first one his own. He also explained how its really his first mustang, thats a memorable experience.

My first mustang was my 02 gt. And while i lamented the fact that unless i dropped a cobra motor under the hood or went F/I, any coyote and half the modded 11+ MY v6 cars were still faster than me. I didnt really care. It was my first car as well as my first mustang so i was very attaced emotionally.

The same can be said for our OP here. He was emotionally attached to his first mustang, so he wants it back. That simple.
Old 1/21/14, 01:49 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
She's happier on her own now. Let her live in peace. Set her free..... Let it go.
Old 1/21/14, 05:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mostly I'd be worried about how badly the car was beat on for the two years it was out of my hands. I'd get a different car.
Old 1/21/14, 05:46 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Let it go. Looks like it has been sold a lot of times and probably had the hell ran out of it
Old 1/21/14, 05:50 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lsxjunkie
Mostly I'd be worried about how badly the car was beat on for the two years it was out of my hands. I'd get a different car.
My exact thoughts...go buy a new one....it has probably been beat to death....
Old 1/21/14, 05:58 AM
Cobra Member

Yeah i would be scared previous owners abused the s out of her
I would start over with a newer model but same color. I like that color.
Old 1/21/14, 06:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That really is a tough spot to be in...
... The only thing I can think is (besides if the other owners abused it) is will it still be the same now as it was then?

Like that vacation you went on a while back and had the best time... what if when you go back it's not as fun...? And so you regret not going to a different place and making another awesome and new memory...
Old 1/21/14, 07:21 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,152 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by Tron
Yeah i would be scared previous owners abused the s out of her
I would start over with a newer model but same color. I like that color.
My thoughts exactly. Find a new one and make it yours.
Old 1/21/14, 08:24 AM

That is a beautiful car. My first question would be "Why is it for sale.....again?
Old 1/21/14, 03:28 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by clc4912
That is a beautiful car. My first question would be "Why is it for sale.....again?
My thoughts exactly. Tough call OP I would pass.

Quick Reply: After two year of regret I found my old Mustang