Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Acceleration problem 2400-3100 rpm

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/13, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Acceleration problem 2400-3100 rpm

Hi,

first of all, sorry for my English - I'm just a German guy, living the American dream here in New Jersey

I have a problem with my 2014 3.7 Manual shift. I bought it brand new 7 month ago from a local ford dealer. Since the beginning I had a problem with the power output of the engine between around 2400 - 3100 rpm. Let me describe it shortly:

You are driving normal in the second gear and you have to accelerate so you hit the gas and the car speeds up. When I reach this rpm level, the acceleration slows down noticeable. After I reached 3100 rpm the full power is back and the car speeds up faster again. It feels like the engine would not get enough fuel at this moment.

This behavior doesn't happen every time, when the engine is cold it is even worst like with a warm engine (normally I don't run over 3000 rpm with a cold engine).
First I was thinking "give it some time, its brand new" but now I drove already 5000 miles and nothing changed.
Could someone tell me if he expire the same behavior? Maybe its absolutely normal and caused by TI-VCT time changing but from my experience I don't think so

If you tell me go to Ford, you have warranty - You absolutely right, I will bring the car to inspection in 2 weeks and just want to have some opinion before.

I have to say that I was learning car mechanic 12 years ago in Germany and have still a strong knowledge but a Mustang is totally new for me and I have no special diagnostics (except OBD) for it.

Best regards
Sascha
Old 12/4/13, 08:29 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, not something normal or that I've ever heard complained about before.

There have been instances of automatic cars acting sluggishly at certain times but not manual transmission cars.

Never occurred on my 2012 V6 car, acceleration on it was very linear at all times.
Old 12/5/13, 07:06 AM
GT Member

Apial, I have a 2014 V6 Manual.......every once in awhile in a blue moon mine will do that also......I have wondered if it was bad gas....since I do not put anything more than the standard 87 which it ask for. Mine when it happens is like after I been driving abit. I am approaching the 5400 miles mark after 3 months of driving.

If mine starts to happen more then I will take her into the dealership (Heaven forbid) and see what they know of it. I am guessing I will hear either, Huh?!?! or dead silence from the service manager.

One person you could reach out to on here is Deysha, she is Ford Rep.....she may have heard of this before or not.

I have often wondered since I have had my Pony if it is getting starved for air or not...since the air intakes on most vehicles are not totally effecient, but yet I am System engineer and not a engine engineer.....
Old 12/5/13, 08:03 AM
Bullitt Member

I get the same thing in mine with 1500 miles on it. I have also been hoping it would just go away. It seems to be only in 2nd gear, and for me typically happens when it is cold.
Old 12/5/13, 11:17 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by apial
Hi,

first of all, sorry for my English - I'm just a German guy, living the American dream here in New Jersey

I have a problem with my 2014 3.7 Manual shift. I bought it brand new 7 month ago from a local ford dealer. Since the beginning I had a problem with the power output of the engine between around 2400 - 3100 rpm...
Hello apial,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast
I get the same thing in mine with 1500 miles on it. I have also been hoping it would just go away. It seems to be only in 2nd gear, and for me typically happens when it is cold.
I want to escalate yours as well, RubyRedMCA_Beast. PM me with your info too.

Originally Posted by Bentnail
Apial, I have a 2014 V6 Manual.......every once in awhile in a blue moon mine will do that also......I have wondered if it was bad gas....since I do not put anything more than the standard 87 which it ask for. Mine when it happens is like after I been driving abit. I am approaching the 5400 miles mark after 3 months of driving.

If mine starts to happen more then I will take her into the dealership (Heaven forbid) and see what they know of it. I am guessing I will hear either, Huh?!?! or dead silence from the service manager.

One person you could reach out to on here is Deysha, she is Ford Rep.....she may have heard of this before or not...
Thank you for the mention, Bentnail! Let me know if you want me to escalate yours as well.

Deysha
Old 12/5/13, 11:37 AM
GT Member

Deysha, I just sent you an email concerning and had not reloaded this page to see you are like Spot on......coolbeans.....
Old 12/5/13, 05:25 PM

Thank you all for your quick response!

So it looks like its not normal. That's why I sent all requested information to Deysha.

I will keep you updated if they find the problem.

best regards
Sascha
Old 12/6/13, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bentnail
Deysha, I just sent you an email concerning and had not reloaded this page to see you are like Spot on......coolbeans.....
Thanks, Bentnail.

Thank you all for your quick response!
So it looks like its not normal. That's why I sent all requested information to Deysha.
I will keep you updated if they find the problem.

best regards
You’re welcome, apial. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 12/6/13, 10:45 PM

I have a 2014 6spd V6, this "lag" in throttle response goes away when you turn off traction control. I could be wrong, but it's the weekend, go out and give it a try.
Old 12/7/13, 03:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mtaback1221
I have a 2014 6spd V6, this "lag" in throttle response goes away when you turn off traction control. I could be wrong, but it's the weekend, go out and give it a try.
You may be correct about this because I haven't noticed it in a couple of weeks. Lately I've been in the habit of turning my T/C off as soon as I start driving. I'll check it out.

Thanks!
Old 1/5/14, 10:26 AM

Hey there,

so 2 days ago I picked up the car from the dealer after my 13 days vacation (so they had enough time for diagnostics).
As promised, here are the results (see attachment).

I told them about the engine problem + problems with the transmission (known crack sounds while its really cold from the MT82).

*sarcasm on* As you can see, we are all wrong and everything is absolutely normal with the car *sarcasm off*

The service representative was friendly but between his words (sorry for the bad translation), he tried to tell me "You are German and its not an Audi, BMW or Mercedes so come down with you expectations"

And the last sentence was "The warranty is for things which are really broken, so as long as it drives its not a warranty issue
Attached Thumbnails Acceleration problem 2400-3100 rpm-results.jpg  
Old 1/5/14, 10:59 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey there,

so 2 days ago I picked up the car from the dealer after my 13 days vacation (so they had enough time for diagnostics).
As promised, here are the results (see attachment).

I told them about the engine problem + problems with the transmission (known crack sounds while its really cold from the MT82).

*sarcasm on* As you can see, we are all wrong and everything is absolutely normal with the car *sarcasm off*

The service representative was friendly but between his words (sorry for the bad translation), he tried to tell me "You are German and its not an Audi, BMW or Mercedes so come down with you expectations"

And the last sentence was "The warranty is for things which are really broken, so as long as it drives its not a warranty issue
Sounds like you need to try a different dealer, that one is just trying to brush you off and insult you as well.
Old 1/6/14, 09:19 AM

Hey there,
As promised, here are the results (see attachment)...
You’re more than welcome to get a second opinion at a different Ford Dealer, apial. Let me know what next steps you’re going to take.

Deysha
Old 1/6/14, 01:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey there,

" its not an Audi, BMW or Mercedes so come down with you expectations"
i wonder how they stay in business by backstabbing themselves....
Old 1/6/14, 09:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

The dealers should just write on all their sales orders. "We are selling you a perfect piece of junk which is the operational characteristic of this vehicle." Then you'd have no reason to believe anything is ever wrong with your vehicle and warranty will be a thing of the past.