Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

AAI off on holidays for the next two weeks

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/10, 08:02 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jokerstars
Yeah well my car is "off site". Doubt it'll see the light of day. Forget this. If my car hasn't had any movement by this Wed I will cancel and do something else. What, I dunno.
You're freaking out already? You only ordered your car 6 weeks ago! Plenty of people here have been waiting for several months. The '11's are worth waiting for and a few more weeks are nothing compared to the joy it would bring you every time you fire it up.
Old 6/28/10, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by druice
So far my car hasn't moved since it was built (5/17). Crossing my fingers the rest of the cars sitting around do end up shipping before the holiday weekend. Maybe during the shutdown they'd catch up on shipping all the cars that have been waiting (wishful thinking, I know).

I just got a message today from another dealer near me (not where I ordered) that they just received their first GT. The cars are moving, and I keep telling myself to relax and stay patient too. The wait is almost over!
Hi, Andrew. Your '11 GT now has an ETA of July 8th to arrive at our dealership per Ford. As a precautionary measure, I ordered a duplicate car to your order several weeks ago and it is due to arrive in early August, but I'm sure your originally ordered car will be here sooner than later. We've had a couple '11 GT's show up already, and a couple more are at the railhead now and due to us today or tomorrow. The GT's are coming and yours will be here soon. I know it's been tough waiting. We appreciate your patience and look forward to your GT showing up.
Old 6/28/10, 08:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well i called ford cs... still no build date. So it looks like minee won't be built till mid july
Old 6/28/10, 08:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by csledd
Well i called ford cs... still no build date. So it looks like minee won't be built till mid july
Sorry to hear that... Go test drive some 5.0's!
Old 6/28/10, 08:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
As a precautionary measure, I ordered a duplicate car to your order several weeks ago ...
Best... Idea... Ever...
Old 6/28/10, 08:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

You'll be so happy with it once you get it.
Old 6/28/10, 09:25 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2K3 Mach
Best... Idea... Ever...
No kidding!
Old 6/28/10, 09:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by coffeejolts
You'll be so happy with it once you get it.
Honestly I expexted to be waiting that long, I just wish I could get a build date. I'm tired of ford cs telling me its in processing "which is a good thing" as they put it.

Btw, when I called today they told me I didn't have the right dealer code though they've been looking it up for me for 2 weeks with that code.
Old 6/28/10, 09:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Honestly I expexted to be waiting that long, I just wish I could get a build date. I'm tired of ford cs telling me its in processing "which is a good thing" as they put it.

Btw, when I called today they told me I didn't have the right dealer code though they've been looking it up for me for 2 weeks with that code.
Next they'll be telling you how much you're going to love your new Camaro. . .
Old 6/28/10, 10:10 AM
GT Member

Hi, Andrew. Your '11 GT now has an ETA of July 8th to arrive at our dealership per Ford. As a precautionary measure, I ordered a duplicate car to your order several weeks ago and it is due to arrive in early August, but I'm sure your originally ordered car will be here sooner than later. We've had a couple '11 GT's show up already, and a couple more are at the railhead now and due to us today or tomorrow. The GT's are coming and yours will be here soon. I know it's been tough waiting. We appreciate your patience and look forward to your GT showing up.
Awesome! Happy to hear that the GTs are finally moving. Definitely just made my day. Cool knowing that somebody else will end up driving my "twin." Unless... it ends up being my evil twin.
Old 6/28/10, 10:10 AM

Smile

Gentlemen

Good News!!!!!

The CARS ARE BEING SHIPPED.

My GT was sitting at Flat Rock at 5pm on Friday, today its on a train moving through Indiana.

Must have been loaded this weekend

Built May 17

Copper Man
Old 6/28/10, 11:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by copper man
Gentlemen

Good News!!!!!

The CARS ARE BEING SHIPPED.

My GT was sitting at Flat Rock at 5pm on Friday, today its on a train moving through Indiana.

Must have been loaded this weekend

Built May 17

Copper Man
Just not Joker's car. . .
Old 6/28/10, 11:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

I promised I wouldn't call my dealer until Wed afternoon. Last time I checked was Thurs morning, sitting offsite. When I call I better find out my car's been shipped.

FFFUUU
Old 6/28/10, 11:37 AM
Cobra R Member

I promised I wouldn't call my dealer until Wed afternoon. Last time I checked was Thurs morning, sitting offsite. When I call I better find out my car's been shipped.

FFFUUU
"Your car is in transit, sir." (It was shipped off site again...)

Disappointing but again you've only been waiting 6 weeks. . . where's your original car?
Old 6/28/10, 11:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

No idea. My original order (V6) sat for 5 weeks with no VIN or build date. Idiot dealer didn't do ROV.
Old 6/28/10, 12:10 PM

i just got a email from my dealer which was weird cause he never emailed me saying my car would be here on july-8 ordered on 5-7 built on 6-1 hopefully here on the 8th but we will see
Old 6/28/10, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by druice
Awesome! Happy to hear that the GTs are finally moving. Definitely just made my day. Cool knowing that somebody else will end up driving my "twin." Unless... it ends up being my evil twin.
You just need to mod yours more than whoever buys your twin so you don't get beat at a stoplight! The floodgates have definitely opened. We have about a dozen Mustangs on trains coming soon.

On a side note, we have an available '11 GT Premium Coupe now. Red Candy manual with charcoal/cashmere interior, brembo's, electronics pkg, etc. $3K below MSRP after rebate! I'll have pics posted of it tomorrow at this link: click here.
Old 6/29/10, 12:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Brian, do you know if this shut down affects cars already built but that are "offsite" and still need to be shipped?
Old 6/29/10, 10:31 AM
GT Member

You just need to mod yours more than whoever buys your twin so you don't get beat at a stoplight!
I can't get bit by the mod bug yet! I almost bought a 2010, and when I drove one I thought 315 horses was enough. Then again, once you taste more power it's hard to not want more.

Chances are the plant shutdown just affects new builds (just the assembly line). I'd imagine anything not associated with line is still active, including shipping and people working on cars offsite. With the amount of cars still awaiting shipping, it'd be stupid of Ford to stop building AND shipping at the same time.
Old 6/29/10, 10:55 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brian, do you know if this shut down affects cars already built but that are "offsite" and still need to be shipped?
AFAIK, the shut down only affects the building of units. This should give them some time to "clear the stables" if you will.

Quick Reply: AAI off on holidays for the next two weeks