2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

The 5.0 GT is Gone!

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/11, 07:09 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_R
Yes, they make different options for different tastes. They are all good, just different. It is suppost to be dry here tomorrow (What a Change!) and I will try and get some pics of it.

Glad your enjoying yours and have a some miles on it. I have had mine for about 2 weeks and really only had it out once. I have about 125 miles on it.

Regards,
Phil
I know what you mean, I got mine first week of March and it seemed like it rained every day for the next month, lol. Mine's an '11, and I don't regret getting rid of my 08 SGT nearly as much I feared I would. I do still miss it though, just didn't have room for that many toys.
Old 5/29/11, 08:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on getting what you wanted! Can't wait to see pics of it.
Old 5/29/11, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Sharpie! No mods yet and the standard package. Like the ride and no plans to track the car, so the standard package is what I wanted. Kinda like the wheels & wide stripes of the standard as well, but they all look great. How do you like yours? What color combo? Take yours to the track?
Thanks again,
Phil
I absolutely love my car....can't stop grinning every time I drive it. I'm a big fan of the standard wheels too, just wish they were a bit wider in the back. Mine's just a fair-weather driver......for now. But love the mods I've done too -- headers, H-pipe, blacked out emblems and VMP power!!
Attached Thumbnails The 5.0 GT is Gone!-shelby101209-20037x.jpg  

Last edited by sharpie; 5/29/11 at 08:39 PM.
Old 5/29/11, 09:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

They are doing X-Plan pricing now, just as an FYI....Not helping you resist here am I Nate???

Better get one before the EPA cuts the muscle car production by more crazy rules.....

Phil
I am thinking a lot harder now, **** it, what will ford give me for my 2011? I wonder? I own it free and clear so it would all go to the shelby's down payment so at x plan price of 44-45 I would think it would be doable, there I go again justifying it, god I just don't know.
Chuck Norris, what should I do? I need your wisdom

Last edited by hahnsolo78; 5/29/11 at 09:25 PM.
Old 5/30/11, 06:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Phil, good for you! I'm 53 and I get the "you only live once" thing. I have a 2005 that I race each season and a 2011 daily driver. While Shelbys have never been my thing, I came REAL close to buying a new Boss. If they're still part of the lineup in a couple years, I'll definately cross that one off my bucket list.

Oh, I get the wicked fast part. The next upgrade for my 2011 is definately going to be a good set of brakes. It's just too easy to get these things up over a hundred on country roads...
Old 5/30/11, 07:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I know what you mean, I got mine first week of March and it seemed like it rained every day for the next month, lol. Mine's an '11, and I don't regret getting rid of my 08 SGT nearly as much I feared I would. I do still miss it though, just didn't have room for that many toys.
You bet! I need more garage space as well. Too many toys and no place to store them LOL!!!

Actually, I am very happy with the Shelby & Cycle I have now

Now maybe another Harley again in the spring

Phil
Old 5/30/11, 07:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by eliyarbrough
Congrats on getting what you wanted! Can't wait to see pics of it.
Thanks Eli.

I hope to get some pics later today!

Phil
Old 5/30/11, 07:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sharpie
I absolutely love my car....can't stop grinning every time I drive it. I'm a big fan of the standard wheels too, just wish they were a bit wider in the back. Mine's just a fair-weather driver......for now. But love the mods I've done too -- headers, H-pipe, blacked out emblems and VMP power!!
That is one sweet car!

Thanks for the picture!

Looks awesome

Phil
Old 5/30/11, 07:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by hahnsolo78
I am thinking a lot harder now, **** it, what will ford give me for my 2011? I wonder? I own it free and clear so it would all go to the shelby's down payment so at x plan price of 44-45 I would think it would be doable, there I go again justifying it, god I just don't know.
Chuck Norris, what should I do? I need your wisdom
I don't know about Chuck, but if it were me, I would do it.... Wait a second, I did

Seriously, I was in the same situation, so I went for it and am glad I did. Never know when we will get another change to do it again!

Let us know what color you get Nate!!!!

Phil
Old 5/30/11, 07:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jwgroovin
Phil, good for you! I'm 53 and I get the "you only live once" thing. I have a 2005 that I race each season and a 2011 daily driver. While Shelbys have never been my thing, I came REAL close to buying a new Boss. If they're still part of the lineup in a couple years, I'll definately cross that one off my bucket list.

Oh, I get the wicked fast part. The next upgrade for my 2011 is definately going to be a good set of brakes. It's just too easy to get these things up over a hundred on country roads...
Thanks JW. It sounds like you have fun racing and that is something I have never done. I bet it would be a hoot though! I do not street race as to me that is too darn dangerous with everyone not watching what they are doing now a days. Too many people texting, talking on their cells, etc. Plus, it just isn't a good idea. I like to get up to the speed limit quickly and a short blast on a country road that is void of any other cars is fun as well.

Good luck on getting a BOSS and keep us all posted when you get it!

Phil

PS...Great idea on upgrading the brakes as well
Old 5/30/11, 07:41 AM
GT Member

Nothing at all wrong with the autos by a long shot. Glad your happy with yours. The 5.0 I traded in was an auto as well!

Phil
Thanks, and I actually Spanked an '11 GT500 at the Track two weeks ago, my 12.0 to his 12.30...Guy was PISSED..lol...
Old 5/30/11, 08:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Awesome, congrats. Post some pics.
Old 5/30/11, 12:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Congratulations, in for the photos. Yeah the 5 DOT 0's are plenty fast so the GT500's must be rockets. My Boss 302 should arrive in about a month and it's going to be all I can do to keep the speed under control. I'd be in big trouble if I was buying a car this fast and I was still in my 20's.
Old 5/30/11, 12:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Turboba6
Thanks, and I actually Spanked an '11 GT500 at the Track two weeks ago, my 12.0 to his 12.30...Guy was PISSED..lol...
Wow! Sounds like your 5.0 is tuned very well and you may of been the more experienced driver. Too bad the guy was upset as they are all great & fast cars. The main thing is to have fun and if your going to race them, do like you did, do it at the track! Wise move!

Phil
Old 5/30/11, 12:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by alcarames
Awesome, congrats. Post some pics.
Thanks Al. Will post some pics soon!

Regards,

Phil
Old 5/30/11, 12:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Congratulations, in for the photos. Yeah the 5 DOT 0's are plenty fast so the GT500's must be rockets. My Boss 302 should arrive in about a month and it's going to be all I can do to keep the speed under control. I'd be in big trouble if I was buying a car this fast and I was still in my 20's.
Hi Rick,

I bet your counting the days until your BOSS comes in. Kona Blue is a sharp color. That was the color of my 2011 5.0 GT. Be sure to keep us all posted with the arrival of your new BOSS 302!!!

Regards,

Phil
Old 5/30/11, 12:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

That is wonderful and best wishes and happy miles with your new Shelby.
Old 5/30/11, 01:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Lets see if this works!

http://phil-sherry.home.comcast.net/...y/0ae2ac20.jpg
Old 5/30/11, 01:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Big Poppa
That is wonderful and best wishes and happy miles with your new Shelby.
Thanks a lot Greg!
Appreciate it
Phil
Old 5/30/11, 01:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Another try here to insert a picture! Looks like this may work. What do you all think?
Thanks much,
Phil

Quick Reply: The 5.0 GT is Gone!