2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

$300 under invoice

Search this Thread

Old 2/17/10, 10:27 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, countless websites with lots of people willing to help out others in buying or even maintaining their stangs is one of the great things about owning these cars. I have sent Joe my e-mail, so maybe I can work something out at Van Bortel Ford. If not, then I awould be more than happy to talk with 05fordGT. The only negative I could think of, is if a more local dealership was willing to give me x-plan pricing, then going to Penn would not save me anything , but I would get a nice trip back in my new car. I am pretty open right now while I work on getting my down payment built up.
Old 2/19/10, 08:10 AM
FR500 Member

Boomer just posted some useful information in the Canadian pricing thread which explains why this dealer is still making a healthy profit while offering 300$ under invoice.

check it out here

In summary, the holdback covers the interest the dealer pays to finance the car while it's on their lot (since they have to pay Ford when they receive the car, and not when it's sold). Also, Blue Oval certified dealers get an additional 1-2% discount as an incentive to keep up customer satisfaction.

In the OP's case, the dealer 'cost' (Invoice less holdback) is 31492$, so they are straight up making 1026$ (yes that has to pay the bills and the salesperson). And that's before the Blue Oval discount, which is another 300-600$.

They certainly aren't hurting themselves.

Last edited by PTRocks; 2/19/10 at 08:22 AM.
Old 2/19/10, 09:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PTRocks
Boomer just posted some useful information in the Canadian pricing thread which explains why this dealer is still making a healthy profit while offering 300$ under invoice.

check it out here

In summary, the holdback covers the interest the dealer pays to finance the car while it's on their lot (since they have to pay Ford when they receive the car, and not when it's sold). Also, Blue Oval certified dealers get an additional 1-2% discount as an incentive to keep up customer satisfaction.

In the OP's case, the dealer 'cost' (Invoice less holdback) is 31492$, so they are straight up making 1026$ (yes that has to pay the bills and the salesperson). And that's before the Blue Oval discount, which is another 300-600$.

They certainly aren't hurting themselves.
Chris, I can tell you first-hand, that Blue Oval ceritifed is OVER (at least in the USA it is)!! Ford stopped that program a long time ago. We do not get extra money back from them anymore. I think they ended that program back in 2006 or something like that, when Ford was hurting for money a few years ago. So that gets rid of the 1-2% discount.

To let you all know about under invoice deals and salespeople? While not all stores are the same, but when a car is sold under invoice, the salespeople usually only make a flat pay, usually a "mini-deal" of some sort. I know I would make $75 before taxes! So the salespeople aren't making anything on cars under invoice. Just a heads-up.

Last edited by 05fordgt; 2/19/10 at 09:40 AM.
Old 2/19/10, 09:47 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought the dealer is Sassone Ford in Ocean NJ?

http://fordsnationalautomall.dealerc...n.com/?lang=en
Old 2/19/10, 09:57 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Chris, I can tell you first-hand, that Blue Oval ceritifed is OVER (at least in the USA it is)!! Ford stopped that program a long time ago. We do not get extra money back from them anymore. I think they ended that program back in 2006 or something like that, when Ford was hurting for money a few years ago. So that gets rid of the 1-2% discount.

To let you all know about under invoice deals and salespeople? While not all stores are the same, but when a car is sold under invoice, the salespeople usually only make a flat pay, usually a "mini-deal" of some sort. I know I would make $75 before taxes! So the salespeople aren't making anything on cars under invoice. Just a heads-up.
Jeff, that site might be old hence the BO Cert.

That was my question, does the sales guy get anything as part of the holdback or does that go to the dealership, and whatever above Inv+Hold is what the salesguy gets as part of comission.
Old 2/19/10, 09:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by topbliss
I thought the dealer is Sassone Ford in Ocean NJ?

http://fordsnationalautomall.dealerc...n.com/?lang=en
Its Sansone but you know whats crazy? My last name is Sassone.
Old 2/19/10, 10:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Boomer
Jeff, that site might be old hence the BO Cert.

That was my question, does the sales guy get anything as part of the holdback or does that go to the dealership, and whatever above Inv+Hold is what the salesguy gets as part of comission.
Hey Boomer, 95% of most salespeople DO NOT get anything that involves holdback or any extra money behind the scenes.

But like I said, I sell a car at invoice, I get $75 flat pay, before taxes. After taxes, I'll be lucky to clear $50!!

Oh, and here is a link that shows when Blue Oval Ceritification payments ended.

End of Blue Oval Certification Payments 2005
Old 2/19/10, 10:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

How well does a salesperson make out when selling on X-Plan?
Old 2/19/10, 10:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Skotty
How well does a salesperson make out when selling on X-Plan?
Hey Scott, you just have to sell in quantity to make out okay. I'm more of a new car salesperson rather than used. I have had some months that I had over 15 new cars. 90% were A/X/Z-Plan sales, so they add up.
Old 2/19/10, 11:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
I bet you lunch that once the car arrives the dealer won't honor that price. I've seen it happen before. Get two signatures on that quote, one being from the GM.
I'll bet you lunch they'll honor the price. The owner of the dealer has a stellar reputation around here. I'm sure she wouldn't be too happy with giving customer's one price and then charging them another when a car specially ordered specifically for them comes in.

For that matter...I can't imagine Ford itself would be very happy about that. Otherwise dealers could "special order" cars telling customers prices that actually make them lose money just to get more cars, then when they come in insist on higher prices and have more inventory due to the special orders having priority allocation for delivery from Ford.
Old 2/19/10, 02:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by db2797

"Otherwise dealers could "special order" cars telling customers prices that actually make them lose money just to get more cars, then when they come in insist on higher prices and have more inventory due to the special orders having priority allocation for delivery from Ford".
This exact instance happened in 2007 when the GT500s came out. Its a hard-core fact that people ordered them at MSRP but when the cars arrived, dealers decided to charge their stupid "additional dealer markup" on the cars and people walked. Hence there were GT500s on alot of showroom floors. Ford did NOTHING about it. Personally, Ford can't do anything about what dealers charge for cars. Reason being? Each dealer is a independant franchise and Ford can't govern the rules for vehicle prices. Its sad but its true. Dealers who "lowball" customers with super low prices but then change their tune when the cars arrive are the ones who give my profession a bad name!!!
Old 2/19/10, 02:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by db2797
I'll bet you lunch they'll honor the price. The owner of the dealer has a stellar reputation around here. I'm sure she wouldn't be too happy with giving customer's one price and then charging them another when a car specially ordered specifically for them comes in.

For that matter...I can't imagine Ford itself would be very happy about that. Otherwise dealers could "special order" cars telling customers prices that actually make them lose money just to get more cars, then when they come in insist on higher prices and have more inventory due to the special orders having priority allocation for delivery from Ford.
I hope they honor the price, but if you think you know for sure they will, let's just wait and see what happens.

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
This exact instance happened in 2007 when the GT500s came out. Its a hard-core fact that people ordered them at MSRP but when the cars arrived, dealers decided to charge their stupid "additional dealer markup" on the cars and people walked. Hence there were GT500s on alot of showroom floors. Ford did NOTHING about it. Personally, Ford can't do anything about what dealers charge for cars. Reason being? Each dealer is a independant franchise and Ford can't govern the rules for vehicle prices. Its sad but its true. Dealers who "lowball" customers with super low prices but then change their tune when the cars arrive are the ones who give my profession a bad name!!!
Yep, it still happens in 2010! Pal of mine ordered a SVT Raptor at the agreed upon price, once it arrived and the dealership noted what it was and how popular they were becoming suddenly, they would not honor the price. IIRC they settled for $1k over the agreed upon price.
Old 2/22/10, 07:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by tom281
I bet you lunch that once the car arrives the dealer won't honor that price. I've seen it happen before. Get two signatures on that quote, one being from the GM.
There should be no concern with this. I haven't got involved with this thread because I really haven't participated on this forum for years and didn't want to jump in after 5 years to just start selling cars again. If you search back into the older posts, when dealers were getting over sticker for 2005's, you will see we were selling at invoice and everyone we dealt with got their car as promised at the price promised. Again, I am not here just to solicit business but if you do decide to to business with me I can assure you the price is the price.

Paul
Van Bortel Ford
Old 2/22/10, 08:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to see you here Paul. This is a world if it sounds to good to be true then it can not be true. I never had no worry. It was so easy with no pressure. Never had a doubt that i would not get the price promised. Van Bortel has to great of a reputation to pull that off.
The only thing that i have a problem with is the WAITING!

Joe
Old 2/22/10, 05:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

I didn't realize how long I had been away. My last previous post was March of 2006. As they say time flies.
Old 2/22/10, 06:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Karpro
I didn't realize how long I had been away. My last previous post was March of 2006. As they say time flies.
It's a cycle, you'll probably dissapear in a few months only to reapear when the new body styles come out in 2014 !!! And YES, Boomer will still be here .
Old 2/22/10, 06:34 PM

Hey Guys, Like i said in a earlier post Van Bortel can not be beat. I have bought my last 3 cars from them and have always received my car on time and at the promised price. That is why i drive over 5 hours to get a car. No Games. They are the best. Carl.
Old 2/22/10, 06:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Paul, that is great news! Thanks for posting and confirming..... you likely earned several new customers!
Old 2/22/10, 08:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Karpro
There should be no concern with this. I haven't got involved with this thread because I really haven't participated on this forum for years and didn't want to jump in after 5 years to just start selling cars again. If you search back into the older posts, when dealers were getting over sticker for 2005's, you will see we were selling at invoice and everyone we dealt with got their car as promised at the price promised. Again, I am not here just to solicit business but if you do decide to to business with me I can assure you the price is the price.

Paul
Van Bortel Ford
Sorry had to bring you back here. But that's nice of you.
See 'ya Paul. Thanks