2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

3 Months and a bump

Search this Thread

Old 7/30/12, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 Months and a bump

I've had my 2013 Mustang for about 3months now, and love it. I take good care of it, wash, wax, park far away from other drivers, etc. I was running late to the movies the other day, and took the chance of parking in the overflow lot, instead of a safer location down the street. WHen i came out, the first thing i noticed was this huge white streak across my back bumper. I wasn't happy. I think the thing that bothers me the most is the fact that the person who hit my car just drove away. No note, no sorry, no respect.

Well this was bound to happen. Not sure what i'm gonna do to fix it, but i will fix it.
Old 7/30/12, 09:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Grrr.. I feel you. Gawd help someone if I caught someone being careless around my car.. I guess people hate when someone else has something nice. Where on LI was it.. I will stay away from that theater.. BTW Come out to a LIStangs.com Meet on Tuesday, I would love to see your 13.. We have some great sponsors for local body shops etc..

Last edited by GreenCars; 7/30/12 at 09:52 PM.
Old 7/30/12, 10:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

that stinks man...its aggrivating as hell. People just have no common desency anymore. But in the grand scheme of things, its minor and a simple fix. Hope its not to expensive
Old 7/30/12, 11:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is the one reason I hate buying nice things. My Mustang isn't here yet but I've been fearing the worst. Sorry to hear about it, but like Stang said, at least it's relatively minor.
Old 7/31/12, 05:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Not too bad. A good repair shop can make that look better than new. But I feel your pain. Sucks to have to clean up someone else's mess.
Old 7/31/12, 01:17 PM
Bullitt Member

That really does suck.

Its things like this why I always tell people to get a 2way paging alarm.
Why do I need it they say....The Ford the one is good enough..NOT.
1 mile range. Plus you can now get apps addon on your phone that do the same functions and alerts, thats unlimiteed range!

Had a similar thing happen to me when I was at a theatre.
My alarm remote went off, so I ran outside when I seen the guy get back in his car and drive away, just as my alarm stopped blaring.

So I ran to my car and chased the SOB down.
Reemed him out and took his insurance info.
He did appologize, but if I didn't chase him down...bye bye.

Anyway he ended up cashing me out in the end.
Didn't want to bother with insurance.

That's the problem with people that don't take care of their cars.
It's like they are used to playing bumber cars with other peoples rides.
NO respect at all.

I always, try to park as far as I can in every lot.
But sometimes you just get can't far enough.

Try the theatre security cams. If you ask nicely and show them your car, they just may let you see some footage.
Old 7/31/12, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CannonBaller
That really does suck.

Its things like this why I always tell people to get a 2way paging alarm.
Why do I need it they say....The Ford the one is good enough..NOT.
1 mile range. Plus you can now get apps addon on your phone that do the same functions and alerts, thats unlimiteed range!

Had a similar thing happen to me when I was at a theatre.
My alarm remote went off, so I ran outside when I seen the guy get back in his car and drive away, just as my alarm stopped blaring.

So I ran to my car and chased the SOB down.
Reemed him out and took his insurance info.
He did appologize, but if I didn't chase him down...bye bye.

Anyway he ended up cashing me out in the end.
Didn't want to bother with insurance.

That's the problem with people that don't take care of their cars.
It's like they are used to playing bumber cars with other peoples rides.
NO respect at all.

I always, try to park as far as I can in every lot.
But sometimes you just get can't far enough.

Try the theatre security cams. If you ask nicely and show them your car, they just may let you see some footage.
what's a good 2-way paging alarm?

the other day i went downhill biking, when i came out, someone left a big white mark on my front bumper (probably leaned his bike against it), luckily i have 3M film on the front bumper and i was able to wipe it off.
Old 7/31/12, 03:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by airoscar
what's a good 2-way paging alarm?

the other day i went downhill biking, when i came out, someone left a big white mark on my front bumper (probably leaned his bike against it), luckily i have 3M film on the front bumper and i was able to wipe it off.
There really are only 2 good options.
Viper and Compustar.

They have a bunch of models. Depends on what you want to spend.
A full LCD screen with 2way 1Mile range and Starter (yes even for stick), probably cost you around $800-900 installed for the newest model.
Cheaper if you go for their older ones.

Just waiting for my 2013 to arrive, then I'll be getting Compustar's newest model.
The Viper is really nice, it has a full color LCD screen. But I hear the buttons are too easly pushed in your pocket accidently. And the remote is also a bit big.

Viper's newest model
http://www.viper.com/P-5904V/Viper-5...e-Start-System

CompuStar's newest model
http://www.compustar.com/products/pro/RF-P2W901-SS.html
(this is the one I'm getting)

Just be sure to find a good installer.
They should stock these anyway.
Even BestBuy will do, if you don't have any recommendations for others.

One option you'll want to add is an in-cabin motion sensor.
You can dial this in, so that the radar goes just outside the car.
This way if anyone looks in your window (window closed), or even tries to open the door handle, it will page you.
Actually you can adjust the sensor far enough that it will even trigger if someones walks close to your car. (of course too far out can lead to false alarms)

Anway...do some youtube searches to see how they work.
Old 7/31/12, 03:36 PM
Bullitt Member

this is pretty cool, but also so expensive..
Old 8/15/13, 11:10 PM
GT Member

If you think that that was sad, try having you car keyed twice in a 6 day period. The first time was on both doors. The next was my doors, hood, trunk, too hood, front and side window quarter panels... The cost was $1500 the first Ike and $3800 the next. I had to get everything painter except for the front bumper. The culprits were kids ho were vandalizing the area. Close to $100,000 in damage throughout the neighborhood.
Old 8/15/13, 11:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pcanno167
If you think that that was sad, try having you car keyed twice in a 6 day period. The first time was on both doors. The next was my doors, hood, trunk, too hood, front and side window quarter panels... The cost was $1500 the first Ike and $3800 the next. I had to get everything painter except for the front bumper. The culprits were kids ho were vandalizing the area. Close to $100,000 in damage throughout the neighborhood.
Those BASTARDS! I would of been livid! I hope they paid for your damages. Problem is when kids are bored....they do this to others property.

I'm sure once your car was fixed it looked better than ever pcanno.
Old 8/16/13, 06:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Isn't it dumb how you can drive around a beater and park it anywhere without getting a single scratch?
Some dick slammed a grocery cart into my car parked at the end of the lot and caused $1,000 in damage.

Last edited by Rando; 8/16/13 at 12:25 PM.
Old 8/18/13, 02:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Shelby Mama

Those BASTARDS! I would of been livid! I hope they paid for your damages. Problem is when kids are bored....they do this to others property.

I'm sure once your car was fixed it looked better than ever pcanno.
Thanks Shelby Mama. I intend to be refunded once the case is over. I can't believe that kids thing that this is fun.
Old 8/18/13, 02:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Rando
Isn't it dumb how you can drive around a beater and park it anywhere without getting a single scratch?
Some dick slammed a grocery cart into my car parked at the end of the lot and caused $1,000 in damage.
You are right Rando. I parked my car far away in a parking lot one day and some beat up van pulled right beside me. He parked so close that he had to ease out his door on my passenger side. I looked at him and decided to move my car to another location. Its like they are saying "You think your new car is special? Well I'm going to park right next to you or let this grocery cart slam into your car so it can look just like the rest of us who don't give a care how our vehicles look."

Freaking sad
Old 8/19/13, 09:07 PM
Banned

1 year of ownership and my car has been hit a total of FIVE times. The stripes on the front bumper as well as the rear are damaged. The driver's side fender has a small crease in it, and just a few weeks ago my fiancee curbed the right rear wheel.

I have given up on being mad. I now realize that I will have a pristine, rear drive, sports/muscle car that is a convertible. But it won't be this car, or it will be after we move out of the city and rent cars instead of driving our own inside major metros (New York, Boston, DC I have all driven in in the last few weeks)
Old 8/20/13, 10:40 AM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am lucky - so far no damage at all to my car, 15 months of ownership.
Old 8/20/13, 11:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This won't make you feel much better, but here's my beloved 11 as it sits right now:

Can't have nice things it seems. Good luck with the repair!
Old 8/20/13, 03:08 PM
Bullitt Member

I feel your pain brother. Unfortunately that looks pretty deep so a harsher cleaner wax may not do the trick (heck, I would be ok with some time w/ a DA + cleaner wax on that and live with the slightly missing color - it is black after all)

It seems the only way to avoid this is to not play (but then again what fun would it be to never use the thing?)
Old 8/20/13, 05:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
I can't stand it when I park really far away in a lot and someone parks RIGHT next to me. I know they do that **** on purpose. Pisses me off so much.
Old 8/21/13, 08:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My wife's Mazda 5 got hit twice down on the back bumper in Orlando on vacation this year. One of them pushed in the bumper and though it popped back out, the paint is all cracked now in that spot. The other is smaller and might even be a shopping cart running into it. No one left anything when they did it. Most people suck, that's the bottom line.