Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang GT: The Perfect Purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/14, 04:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
lol thanks Patrick (I think) hahaha! I just don't see the point to bashing each other. I know its a forum, but It just doesn't have to be that way.
Lol the old Joe was not serious at all. He loved to poke and prod members who would get their panties in a bunch over his antics. Sometimes he'd take things too far, but he really meant no harm. He's been banned btw haha
Old 6/26/14, 04:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by laserred38
Lol the old Joe was not serious at all. He loved to poke and prod members who would get their panties in a bunch over his antics. Sometimes he'd take things too far, but he really meant no harm. He's been banned btw haha

i ASSURE you all, i am not the old Joe, no banning here! hahahaha
Old 6/26/14, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Almost positive being a journalist is far from being the best job in the world....any links to the veyron u rode in?
Old 6/26/14, 05:04 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
This excludes what FromZto5 said, that was just plain funny!.
Lol. Someone noticed it! Lol. I figured I'd try to break the seriousness.
Old 6/26/14, 09:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Lol. Someone noticed it! Lol. I figured I'd try to break the seriousness.

You bet i did!

lets face it. at the end of the day. the Mustang would be a GREAT rental car. i can easily see anyone wanting to rent one if they are available at the time of booking. the car is fairly inexpensive which also helps justify the fact that It is an ideal candidate as a fleet rental.

this also doesn't mean its a bad thing. all it means is that its a popular sports car that can be used in many different areas.

I'm sure that if a corvette was around 20k brand new and rental cars could get them into peoples hands, they would also be a great rental car too!
Old 6/26/14, 10:07 PM
Bullitt Member

You bet i did!

lets face it. at the end of the day. the Mustang would be a GREAT rental car. i can easily see anyone wanting to rent one if they are available at the time of booking. the car is fairly inexpensive which also helps justify the fact that It is an ideal candidate as a fleet rental.

this also doesn't mean its a bad thing. all it means is that its a popular sports car that can be used in many different areas.

I'm sure that if a corvette was around 20k brand new and rental cars could get them into peoples hands, they would also be a great rental car too!

I rented a Hertz ZHZ C6 for 2 days. Car had NPP exhaust, but no HUD, and an unfortunate automatic.
Old 6/26/14, 11:32 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
You bet i did!

my rental car a few years ago. this planted the seed in my brain.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Mustang GT: The Perfect Purchase?-img_0145.jpg  
Old 6/30/14, 10:05 AM
TMS Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lsxjunkie - Sorry for the late reply. In regards to the Cortex Suspension, it really depends on how far you want to take the car. My car for instance basically runs the same set up as the cars that race in the Spec Mustang Series and I use it as a semi-daily driver. Is it stiffer, absolutely, but remember, I went for 100% track worthy performance. Yes, there are a few squeaks here and there because of the bushings, but nothing that has ever concerned me. But again, my car is now more track than street. I'd talk to Filip at Cortex and let him talk you through the option that would best fit your specific need.

JoeMidnight - Well said Sir.

MidnightMustang - "Almost positive being a journalist is far from being the best job in the world"

That depends on where you passion lies. From my perspective though, being able to play in the world's biggest Hot Wheels box on a daily basis is pretty **** good.
Old 6/30/14, 11:37 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by MrAngry
laserred38 - I'm in the East Bay.

White2010 - You being tired of people bashing the Mustang suspension is fine, but understand that there's a reason they're doing this. Out of the factory a stock V6 and GT car is set up so every Tom, Dick and Harry who rents one at the airport can drive it and not get killed. The spring rates are soft and the stock shocks are "decent" at best. No one is saying the Mustang is a bad car, but you know as well as I do, that many Mustang owners tout their cars to be the greatest thing since the wheel.

Me, I'm just being realistic about what the car actually is (again, I bought one). As for me being a so called media expert - hell, if you think you're more qualified to write about cars then I am, then go ahead. Just don't be surprised when people jump down your throat for writing honest opinions that they sometimes don't want to hear.
I read you article a few weeks ago and thought it was quite fair and on the nose. I have a 2014 GT TP which I track a few times a year as well. I love the stiffer springs in the TP/Brembo cars over stock GTs, but at the track the roll dive and squat does get annoying. I wish for better shock damping as well.
But besides that for $33k car this thing is a fantastic smile maker, and I can even keep up with the much more expensive BMWs. I had a choice between the GT TP or an SS 1LE. And I know that if I run into a 1LE during one of my tack days it will be one car which will pass me for sure. But I still think I chose wisely. Good writeup.
Old 6/30/14, 12:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice post, MrAngry. I too purchased the same exact car as you did - a 2013 Mustang GT 300A base model with the GT Track Package, Recaros, and a deleted spoiler, except I opted for the "hey everybody look at ME" Gotta Have It Green paint These, in my opinion, were the only justifiable options for a car like this. Give me the necessities, not the gimmicks.

I just hit 27k miles the other day after 2 years of ownership and I can truthfully say this car has been nothing short of fantastic. It never misses a beat and has been one of the most reliable cars I have owned to date. One of my favorite "features" of the car is how easy it is to cruise down the boulevard on a warm summer night - but the moment you decide to transform into Steve McQueen and lay down the hammer, the Mustang is ready for it.