2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2013 mustang Gt forces induction

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/15 | 11:18 AM

2013 mustang Gt forces induction

Hello everyone i am new to the forum, and i just purchased a 2013 mustang GT with the 5.0 v8 engine. Since i planned on pur hasing the vehicle few months ago, i had been researching which root to take to amp up the power on the mustang, coming from my old car c63 amg 2008 tuned, and modded to about 620bhp, i am looking to get more power under the stang.

I have about $15,000 budget part, and labour all included. For the forced induction setup, and any other supporting mods needed to really put the power down to the wheels, i dont wanna just have a car with alot of hp but not good use of the power.

I wanna make well over 600-700hp, as much as possible to the wheels. I was thinking twin turbo with smaller turbos, so i can have that nice torque curve, I'm not into the heavy hitting higher rpm spooling, but if anyone has any suggestions i would consider a single turbo option. I want opinions from the mustang community what the best use of 15,000 toward my stang. This is a semi daily driver, beside my ford f150 raptor, so i want it to still have a simple oem setup, streetAble as much as possible.

Opinions are greatly appreciated.
Old 4/5/15 | 12:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Have you thought about adding a supercharger. Turbo's are great and can make more power, but are more expensive and require more maintenance over a supercharger.
As far as the break down in the 15K. I would either pull the stock block and put forged rods and coated pistons and do the oil pump gears or buy a built block. If will save a ton of dough if you use the stock block and it will be good for 700WHP. PD supercharger will run around 6-7K and a twin turbo will be in the 8K range. Plan on dropping 2K on wheels and another grand on suspension and at least grand for a return fuel system in you want over 650HP
Just for the record, several guys with a set up like mine are running 10.7's in the 1/4er with stock suspension.
Old 4/5/15 | 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Blown CS
Have you thought about adding a supercharger. Turbo's are great and can make more power, but are more expensive and require more maintenance over a supercharger.
As far as the break down in the 15K. I would either pull the stock block and put forged rods and coated pistons and do the oil pump gears or buy a built block. If will save a ton of dough if you use the stock block and it will be good for 700WHP. PD supercharger will run around 6-7K and a twin turbo will be in the 8K range. Plan on dropping 2K on wheels and another grand on suspension and at least grand for a return fuel system in you want over 650HP
Just for the record, several guys with a set up like mine are running 10.7's in the 1/4er with stock suspension.
I have thought about supercharging, i know it is alot less work. I also hear its better up high and has a lot less torque and torque curve. Also i have also heard due to the system being belt driven it has alot more wear and tear on the engine and has a lower life time then a well cooled turbo system.

If i do think super charging, what would be the best for most responsive power? A twin screw?

As for suspension, what is a good setup, i am running 20" wheels rear & 19" on the front atm so i am obviously limited with those to a degree.

What wheels are best setup? I had on my amg before pirelli's i think at the moment my stang is running continental sports or pilots, ill go check later tonight when i get home.

This is pretty much my first induction based car setup i plan to run. My amg was N/a and had engine work, fuel system, cams, springs, ported etc to run higher numbers, so pretty much all the advise i can get would be appreciated.

Also what are the ability of the stock block, and tranmission? 700whp, for both? I think at 700whp would be around 800 at the engine? So im sure thats plenty enough for street fun, if like u said i would want more, i would have to get a bigger block, with bigger displacement and less boost, but i think if i cN get anything over 600rwhp i would be plenty happy.

Last edited by Lb4hp; 4/5/15 at 07:24 PM.
Old 4/5/15 | 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you go with a twin screw/PD supercharger you will have instant torque as soon as you go wot. I'm pushing 600whp with the VMP kit and 82mm pulley. The twin screw roush superchargers are extremely reliable and come with a 3 year warranty.
As far as tires, I would run drag radial in the rear of you want traction in the lower mph. For instance I'm running a 295/35/20 invos and they start getting grip above 40mph.
Old 4/5/15 | 08:30 PM
Cobra R Member

IMO if i had 15k for mods.

I would get an Aluminator engine and a used supercharger preferably a vortech or something along those lines. You'd be able to boost just fine.

I only say that because the stock engine isn't making anywhere over 600whp and last long.

aluminator runs i think like 11k and a used SC you could probably find for 4-5k

Last edited by rmurer; 4/5/15 at 08:32 PM.
Old 4/5/15 | 09:06 PM

The Whipple is a twin screw. The Roush and VMP are not. Two different designs.
Old 4/5/15 | 09:17 PM

As to getting and engine swap done, i don't has many reliable shops around here that i trust to do a complete overhaul, so i think at this point it would be out of the question. The ones that would do it would be a top performance shop but they charge way to much for labour + demand you only install parts they purchase so they can warranty them, and then mock up the prices on you.

At the end of the day i just want to be able to line up to a m5 or w.e car and have some fun. Maybe hit the drag strip and run 10's /11s & then drive the thing home .

Last edited by Lb4hp; 4/5/15 at 09:18 PM.
Old 4/6/15 | 02:03 AM
Cobra Member

Nice man, good to see someone like you posting.

Why did you get rid of the c63 amg? How did you like it? Do you have any pics of that car, or any pics of your mustang? Curious to see either.

As per mods, this is what i would go with if i had the money

http://www.americanmuscle.com/vortec...ck-1114gt.html

Makes reasonable power (600+) and is fairly reliable. Has an OEM look under the hood, and wont cause too much stress for stock internals.

As far as putting that power down, make sure you have some 10inch wide rear tires, good sway bar, good lower control arms and a full watts link system.

Get this one

http://www.americanmuscle.com/whitel...link-0510.html

Good price, and quality product.
Old 4/6/15 | 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Nice man, good to see someone like you posting.

Why did you get rid of the c63 amg? How did you like it? Do you have any pics of that car, or any pics of your mustang? Curious to see either.

As per mods, this is what i would go with if i had the money

http://www.americanmuscle.com/vortec...ck-1114gt.html

Makes reasonable power (600+) and is fairly reliable. Has an OEM look under the hood, and wont cause too much stress for stock internals.

As far as putting that power down, make sure you have some 10inch wide rear tires, good sway bar, good lower control arms and a full watts link system.

Get this one

http://www.americanmuscle.com/whitel...link-0510.html

Good price, and quality product.
Thanks, i was planning when i had a chance to post some previous vehicles, and current inside my signature/profile.

As for the c63 ive had it for few years, and i just wanted a change, i always knew i wanted to pickup either a mustang or a camaro, since i loved that aggresive muscle look they both have, like theyre pissed off and ready to attack! I was one day flipping through some things and started seeing some going for very good price, so i ended up trading in my Car. I knew right away the stock power wouldnt subside my hunger. I finally decided to purchase a mustang due to the interior being much better, the huge aray of aftermarket parts, and that mean but still lean look out weighed the big bulky look the 2ss has.

Btw i think if i plan to supercharge, i would be going with a PD supercharger since i am looking for power throughout the whole rpm band, not just at redline, i want to be able to run the same boost throughout.

If im correct the vortex system is not posotive?

Last edited by Lb4hp; 4/6/15 at 06:44 AM.
Old 4/6/15 | 06:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by cjd223
uh...no this is wrong.

nevermind I am wrong i didn't know there was a different between twin screw and Roots, which VMP is. My bad.

Last edited by rmurer; 4/6/15 at 07:02 AM.
Old 4/6/15 | 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cjd223
Ahhh twin screw or twin vortices both push air into the motor. Twin screws just costs more.
Old 4/6/15 | 10:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Lb4hp
Thanks, i was planning when i had a chance to post some previous vehicles, and current inside my signature/profile.

As for the c63 ive had it for few years, and i just wanted a change, i always knew i wanted to pickup either a mustang or a camaro, since i loved that aggresive muscle look they both have, like theyre pissed off and ready to attack! I was one day flipping through some things and started seeing some going for very good price, so i ended up trading in my Car. I knew right away the stock power wouldnt subside my hunger. I finally decided to purchase a mustang due to the interior being much better, the huge aray of aftermarket parts, and that mean but still lean look out weighed the big bulky look the 2ss has.

Btw i think if i plan to supercharge, i would be going with a PD supercharger since i am looking for power throughout the whole rpm band, not just at redline, i want to be able to run the same boost throughout.

If im correct the vortex system is not posotive?
i recommended the vortech system because its a centrifugal supercharger and not belt driven (which you said you didnt like). you have to purchase separate injectors and fuel rails along with a custom dyno tune. with proper parts and tuning the vortech can make a make monster out of your car all the way through the curve.
Old 4/7/15 | 08:25 AM
Cobra R Member

i recommended the vortech system because its a centrifugal supercharger and not belt driven (which you said you didnt like). you have to purchase separate injectors and fuel rails along with a custom dyno tune. with proper parts and tuning the vortech can make a make monster out of your car all the way through the curve.
Its not belt driven? Isn't that what makes a supercharger a supercharger, the use of the belt? Its just a different design but still uses a belt to force more air into the intake.
Old 4/7/15 | 08:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah the vortech and all other centris are indeed belt driven. I've had a few lol. Maybe he was thinking of a turbo?
Old 4/7/15 | 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was thinking he might be referring to the internals. Gear driven over belt drive.
Old 4/7/15 | 11:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Blown CS
I was thinking he might be referring to the internals. Gear driven over belt drive.
arn't those gears being moved by the pulley though? which is turned by the belt?
Old 4/7/15 | 10:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rmurer
Its not belt driven? Isn't that what makes a supercharger a supercharger, the use of the belt? Its just a different design but still uses a belt to force more air into the intake.
Originally Posted by tom281
Yeah the vortech and all other centris are indeed belt driven. I've had a few lol. Maybe he was thinking of a turbo?
My mistake fellas, was looking at the hellion unit as i was posting. The vortech is indeed belt driven as any supercharger. Only notable thing is that its not a roots style supercharger. The belt is concealed inside housing which is somewhat decent to offer some extra protection against wear.
Old 4/8/15 | 04:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

My mistake fellas, was looking at the hellion unit as i was posting. The vortech is indeed belt driven as any supercharger. Only notable thing is that its not a roots style supercharger. The belt is concealed inside housing which is somewhat decent to offer some extra protection against wear.
Both the e centrifugal superchargers and positive displacement superchargers are externally belt driven. They are also each driven by gears internally, which is why they require oil for lubrication. There is no internal belt.

The old powerdyne superchargers used an internal belt but those were POS.
Old 4/8/15 | 10:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Lol, I know the new ones are gear driven, I was referring to the old school blowers.