Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 GT just delivered.....some assembly required.

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/12, 08:22 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JMac
Agreed, but from one of the OP's posts it sounds like the only thing the owner is happy with is the body. He said custom paint, interior, suspension, wheels/tires, and engine mods. Not much left after all that.
true dat. Yup, makes no sense to get it loaded if your gonna take it all out anyways....

I have plans for mine as well but I only bought it with the options I needed. Already have exhaust ordered. just waiting on Roush to release some body parts and I'll be getting started!!... Oh, need the car to hurry up and get here as well
Old 6/6/12, 09:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by TK421
Our customer dropped off the car at our shop in this condition. This GT will receive a very unique paint job, custom interior, suspension, wheels/tires, and power upgrades of the boosted variety. I unfortunately can not say any more about the project at this time. I did think it will be a neat opportunity to post some pictures of a brand new car in a completely deconstructed state.
That's all well and good, but if you're on here you're not where you're supposed to be. So TK421, why aren't you at your post?
Old 6/6/12, 12:21 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Myfins1
I wish I could afford to do the same. I just ordered the GT Premium vert in Black exterior. I am upset Ford won't allow me to order it in Candy Apple Red. I love the metallic red and am not a fan of Tomatoe Red. I mean Race Red. I am sold and will not budge with the Brick Red Cashmere interior. Unfortunately ford will not allow the metallic red with the brick red cashmere interior. I wonder how much a complete paint job would cost. I am certain a lot for the entire car to be painted so I could never see any hints that it was once another color. So I will suffice with Black. Wish I knew a dealer that would have ordered me a metallic red car and swapped out the brick red cashmere from another vehicle.

Asking too much I know!
There's a reason why they don't allow Red Metallic with Brick Red interior. It would be horrible.
Old 6/6/12, 12:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
First mustang that comes in DIY option LOOOOL
Old 6/6/12, 12:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
I wish I could afford to do the same. I just ordered the GT Premium vert in Black exterior. I am upset Ford won't allow me to order it in Candy Apple Red. I love the metallic red and am not a fan of Tomatoe Red. I mean Race Red. I am sold and will not budge with the Brick Red Cashmere interior. Unfortunately ford will not allow the metallic red with the brick red cashmere interior. I wonder how much a complete paint job would cost. I am certain a lot for the entire car to be painted so I could never see any hints that it was once another color. So I will suffice with Black. Wish I knew a dealer that would have ordered me a metallic red car and swapped out the brick red cashmere from another vehicle.

Asking too much I know!
For a change of color, it's gonna cost more than you will probably want to put in a new car. You certainly don't want to take it to Earl Schibes, so it should start somewhere around $8K. Start being the operative word. Choice of color will also have an impact on cost.

IMHO, Black w/Red interior is classic. The black being a challenge to keep clean, but beautiful.
Old 6/6/12, 12:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Myfins1

There is a set of the red w/cashmire seats for sell at an ebay store site for $1,500. Order the red candy exterior and then buy the seats. I don't know about the red insert door panels being for sell.
Old 6/6/12, 01:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
So TK421, why aren't you at your post?
I see what you did there
Old 6/6/12, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by RMS70
Myfins1

There is a set of the red w/cashmire seats for sell at an ebay store site for $1,500. Order the red candy exterior and then buy the seats. I don't know about the red insert door panels being for sell.

I would still need the door inserts as well as the steering wheel. I haven't seen the brick red in person. However I had an 06 with fire red metallic with the red leather interior. I love it! I will miss it.

Since I have already ordered, no turning back. But this is a great idea. And I would have gladly paid a few k extra!
Old 6/6/12, 01:56 PM
GT Member

That's all well and good, but if you're on here you're not where you're supposed to be. So TK421, why aren't you at your post?
Internet high 5 to you. I am actually posting from the construction site of the third Death Star.
Old 6/6/12, 02:15 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ace72ace
Look at the car behind the rack in the 2nd to last pic. Looks like a mad custom paint job.
That is my boss's car. It's a 2012 Mustang GT. It was on the cover of the the July 2012 issue of 5.0 mag. Here is some more information about it.

This new car will receive a somewhat similar paint job. I can't reveal who the customer is, but I can guarantee that everyone of you has heard of the customer. I will be able to disclose everything about the build in early August.
Old 6/6/12, 03:26 PM
GT Member

Iinteresting thread. Cool to see a build on a brand new car. Thanks for posting. Definitely looking forward to August when she's all done with all the details.
Old 6/6/12, 03:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Internet high 5 to you. I am actually posting from the construction site of the third Death Star.
Lol...I wondered if anyone had mentioned that to you before I posted it.
Old 6/6/12, 07:09 PM

So TK421, why aren't you at your post?
That is too funny, I was going to post that but you beat me to it !
Old 6/6/12, 08:12 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is my boss's car. It's a 2012 Mustang GT. It was on the cover of the the July 2012 issue of 5.0 mag. Here is some more information about it.

This new car will receive a somewhat similar paint job. I can't reveal who the customer is, but I can guarantee that everyone of you has heard of the customer. I will be able to disclose everything about the build in early August.
Can't wait to see the finished product.

That paint job was ridiculous in person. I don't even think my camera picked it up right. Can't wait for this year's show.
Old 6/6/12, 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

I wish I could afford to do the same. I just ordered the GT Premium vert in Black exterior. I am upset Ford won't allow me to order it in Candy Apple Red. I love the metallic red and am not a fan of Tomatoe Red. I mean Race Red. I am sold and will not budge with the Brick Red Cashmere interior. Unfortunately ford will not allow the metallic red with the brick red cashmere interior.
I believe these combination restrictions come from marketing people who have this obsessive desire to control "image". They don't want any ugly to them cars out there ruining the brand image or some other BS. Restricting the number of BOM variants may play a small role, but my guess is that it's mostly the marketeers at work controlling what is seen on the street to the best of their ability.
Old 6/6/12, 10:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Looking forward to seeing the finished product as well.
Old 6/6/12, 11:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Just dropped off with 12.2 miles.

It'll probably be a version of this huh?

Old 6/7/12, 05:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Guys, sounds like a magazine or promotional car - time for the 2013's turn to be 'shown'. Anxiously waiting more pics...
Old 6/7/12, 03:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by redfirevert06
There's a reason why they don't allow Red Metallic with Brick Red interior. It would be horrible.
They offered it for 2010. I cancelled my 2010 order when I heard the 5.0 was coming. I too was forced to accept Race Red if I wanted Red Brick Interior. IMHO if I want "horrible" I should be able to get it. I must admit the Race Red has grown on me.
Old 6/7/12, 05:40 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
It'll probably be a version of this huh?

It will be somewhat similar to our Red chrome '12 GT. It will not be as extreme as our '12 when it comes to the engine, suspension, and roll cage. It will be a nice compromise for drivability. One thing is for sure, the paint job on the 2013 car will be more eye catching than our red chrome car.

Quick Reply: 2013 GT just delivered.....some assembly required.