2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2012 with PowerCode remote start

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/11, 02:50 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 with PowerCode remote start

I've read some information on the 2011s with PowerCode, but I wanted some feedback from those who ordered the PowerCode Remote Start on your 2012s (we ordered the option as well, just waiting to receive the car).

Is it true on the 2012s with PowerCode Remote Start that you cannot open the door with the car running without the engine shutting off?

I would assume the remote start would allow the engine to continue running unless you got in and depressed the brake pedal. Then the engine would shut off. This is how most remote start units work, and how the system works in our 2010 Ford F150 Platinum, albeit the dealer installed the remote start, it didn't come from the factory with it.

If for some reason the 2012s with PowerCode Remote start are set to shut off the engine if you open the door, is there a way to reprogram it so it will stay running? It makes no sense to me that people would want the car to shut off when you open the door.

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 5/26/11, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, you can either reprogram it yourself or take it to a shop that does audio and alarm installs and they can probably do it. I took mine to the shop that does the installs for my dealership. Took them about 2 minutes to reprogram it. Without doing this, then it will shut off every time the door is opened due to the MYKEY feature.

Here is a post that talks about changing it.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...art-and-mykey/
Old 5/26/11, 06:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Does it still require a separate fob?
Old 5/26/11, 09:44 PM
GT Member

Yes, it still includes the additional fob; unfortunately Ford still has not brought it into the current century...
Old 10/14/11, 03:04 PM

This is an old-ish thread, I know, but I purchased my '12 with PowerCode, and I wanted to let you know that the procedure on the page linked by twohitta worked for mine; the car no longer shuts off when I open the door. Which is nice, because in addition to the remote start working 'properly' now, I can use the 'Quick-stop' feature, where after driving, I can hold the remote starter button until the horn chirps, then take out the key and exit the car with the engine still running for a short amount of time. I use this to get out, open my garage with the key on the same ring as the car keys, then get back in to pull it in. I don't expect to get carjacked while I'm opening my garage, but if I'm going to leave it running while I get out, better the key is with me than in the car.
Old 10/17/11, 08:27 AM
V6 Member

Thanks for the bump nightsteel, I've been meaning to research this myself and I'm glad to know the options worked for you. Will save me a little extra time forum surfing