Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Mustang 5.0 w/boss block 9k miles stolen and tottaled.

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/14, 06:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't get it. You pay insurance on it (presumably has a lien on it?) so that when the car either gets stolen or you need to make a claim, they pay on it. Both happened here, should be a done deal that they would probably total it based on the tanked value and marked title being a theft recovery combined with the damage.

Why are they refusing to pay to fix/replace the car? I feel like we aren't getting the full story.
Old 3/5/14, 07:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't these cars have some serious security features?
Old 3/6/14, 05:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WTF, is this a post and run? where's the OP?
Old 3/6/14, 05:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Glad to see i'm not the only who was wonder that!
Old 3/6/14, 06:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Something is odd. These cars have a good amount of security on them to not be stolen by an average thief. If someone was smart enough to do a work around then I don't think they would be caught so easily. None the less, the insurance should be able to repair that no problem. This isn't just any mustang, it is a boss 302 which I assume would have a higher value than most mustangs. Even if the damage was $20k, I think the car is still worth more at the moment. It would be nice is the OP would respond after peaking everyone's curiousity otherwise I am beginning to be suspicious.
Old 3/6/14, 07:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's not a Boss. it;s a GT with "Boss engine". but I agree that something is odd here and it's likely not the insurance company.
Old 3/6/14, 08:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
OP where are you?
Old 3/6/14, 09:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

My first thought when I read this was that the OP knows the thief and loaned him the car, then reported it stolen when not returned and insurance is balking, but it's just a guess.
Old 3/6/14, 09:22 AM
Banned

Someone clearly some his keyboard.
Old 3/6/14, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Someone clearly stole his keyboard.
Old 3/6/14, 10:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Someone clearly stole his keyboard.
Maybe he loaned it, too.
Old 3/6/14, 12:14 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Lol post and run.

Sad story... But in for bizarre details as to why insurance won't fix it. That's the whole purpose of insurance...
Old 3/6/14, 01:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Lol post and run.

Sad story... But in for bizarre details as to why insurance won't fix it. That's the whole purpose of insurance...
Going to guess attempted insurance fraud after crashing it by saying someone else stole it and crashed it and insurance found out it was BS...if it was a legit post the OP would've been irate about whatever bogus reason the insurance was denying the claim and we would've gotten a whole story in the OP...nobody on the up and up posts a story and just says "yeah insurance won't fix it" and then dips out.
Old 3/6/14, 01:50 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by puma1552
Going to guess attempted insurance fraud after crashing it by saying someone else stole it and crashed it and insurance found out it was BS...if it was a legit post the OP would've been irate about whatever bogus reason the insurance was denying the claim and we would've gotten a whole story in the OP...nobody on the up and up posts a story and just says "yeah insurance won't fix it" and then dips out.
Very interesting... now that you mention it, I read back his first post. It's interesting that the post came off more like a sales pitch (as to mods and what the car has, more than anything). But you're right: if I was the owner and someone stole my car and crashed it, I would be livid. Not only that, but insurance WILL fix it. I just don't understand, in any case/scenario, why the insurance won't fix the car if it was stolen/crashed. I mean at least the car would be fixed to OEM value, not with all the mods.

Bizaare...
Old 3/7/14, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by puma1552
This is exactly the vibe I was getting from this story...
Old 3/7/14, 04:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Maybe the OP accidentally left the spare key in the glove box? Hey it happens!
And then insurance claimed he was liable and they were not on the hook for it?
Old 3/7/14, 05:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe the OP posted the stats about his Mustang here in hopes it could be used to make an insurance claim.

After all, some folks think that if it's posted somewhere, then it has to be true.
Old 3/7/14, 05:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I have something really important and exciting to tell you guys, your NOT going to believe it .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................
Old 3/7/14, 05:30 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
I have something really important and exciting to tell you guys, your NOT going to believe it .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................
lol ...
Old 3/7/14, 05:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
Best story I've heard all week.

Even had more details than that "hey my car got stolen and crashed" thread.

Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang 5.0 w/boss block 9k miles stolen and tottaled.