Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 last order date / incentives

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/12, 11:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dball584
Oh ok. Does it matter that I order the car already and negotiated and sign the order?
You can do that if you want buddy. You order the car, but you don't sign anything other than the buyer's order. Nothing else is needed to sign until the car arrives. If you have any questions, let me know.
Old 1/10/12, 02:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So your saying you think I can still apply the coupon even though the order has been processed. Does that mean ford pays the dealer the $750?

Last edited by dball584; 1/10/12 at 02:49 PM.
Old 1/10/12, 02:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So your saying you think I can still apply the coupon even though the order has been processed. Do that mean ford pays the dealer the $750?
You apply the coupon when you buy the car .. not when you order the car. The coupon will have an expiration date so you need to actually PURCHASE the car before then. The Dealer may be able to put incentive protection on the coupon .. not sure.

I had a coupon when I purchased my car. Ford sent it to my Work Address and Work Email so the dealer did NOT know I had it. The dealer will look up your name and address to see if you have a coupon in the system. They will do this without you even asking so they can work it into the deal right away. The coupon must be in the system for you to use it ... and it must be under your name so you can't use somebody elses coupon.

I did not want the dealer to know I had a coupon until AFTER we negotiated the best price ... then when I went to sign the purchase paperwork and pick up the car I whipped out the coupon and said here .. add this $750 discount as well.

Last edited by dmhines; 1/10/12 at 02:51 PM.
Old 1/10/12, 04:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

So your saying you think I can still apply the coupon even though the order has been processed. Does that mean ford pays the dealer the $750?
I didn't understand your previous question. My bad. If you have a coupon, and its good until a certain time, and will expire before the vehicle arrives, the dealer can contact the ZONE rep to see if they can get it authorized for use. Now since its a 2013 car, that coupon may not be good for it. You may need a new coupon for the new model year.
Old 1/10/12, 04:18 PM
Bullitt Member

No it's a 2012 V6 premium pony package.
Old 1/11/12, 07:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

No it's a 2012 V6 premium pony package.
Gotcha. When did you order it? If you ordered it a while ago, and the coupon expires before the car arrives, your salesperson and the business manager should just make a call to their dealer rep and have them get the coupon authorized for use after its date, cause its a factory order. That is what my rep said she would do in a case like this.
Old 1/11/12, 07:41 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Great info you're getting from the members here, dball584! I can track your order for you if you'd like. PM me with your dealer's name and order number.

Deysha
Old 1/11/12, 08:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I ordered it on January 2nd. And I requested the brochure the next day. Still haven't gotten the brochure or the coupon as of yet. They say the delivery will be 6 to 8 weeks. Given that its Sterling gray makes me think it will be closer to the 8 week mark. I'm kind of ok with the 8 week thing because I do not have room in my garage at the moment and I don't mind my car missing out on 8 weeks of winter Not sure how all this will pan out with the coupon but its very nice to know I have the potential to save a few more bucks on the purchase price and will have more dough for upgrades
Old 1/11/12, 12:32 PM

I ordered it on January 2nd. And I requested the brochure the next day. Still haven't gotten the brochure or the coupon as of yet. They say the delivery will be 6 to 8 weeks.
I have my fingers crossed for you, dball584. PM me your info and I can see how far your order is now.

Deysha
Old 1/11/12, 05:09 PM
Bullitt Member

$750 Coupon came in the mail today. it's good until march... Should have my car by then.
Old 1/11/12, 09:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey dball584 you will probably have one of the last 2012's built. Dealer ordered mine 12-7-11 and still waiting on schedule date hopefully next week. I have a $750 coupon too but I may have to get dealer to bet extended expires 2-12 and doesn't look like it will make it in a month. The gray will look good really shines even if a little dirty I have it on my Focus and like it but I love the Kona blue although I don't have mine all the pics on here look great.
Old 1/12/12, 12:17 AM
Bullitt Member

I ordered a brochure in hopes of getting a coupon and nothing - no brochure or coupon?
Old 1/12/12, 05:29 AM
Bullitt Member

The brochure that came was not like a normal one you get from the dealer. it was much smaller and I almost tosses it with the junk mail. Keep and eye and and while your at it order another one
Old 1/12/12, 06:34 PM
V6 Member

Your right dball584 mine was small. Got my VIN today and build week 2-20 from Deysha. My coupon as I said earlier good t0 12th so I will have to get extended.
Old 1/12/12, 08:15 PM

I don't usually buy new cars, but I thought maybe I'd get a new Mustang GT if the price was right. I negotiated an awesome price with two different dealers for what I wanted...it would have to be ordered as it's not a normal configuration. Well, as was stated here, the orders were cut off early and neither could help me out.

Can one of you tell me the easiest way to find cars that are in stock? I'm looking for a base GT, manual trans, Brembo package. Spoiler delete would be ideal. Front plate bracket is needed. Exterior white, gray, black, or Kona blue. I found a potential candidate but I'm still looking to see what else I can find. With the current incentives, plus a $750 coupon I just got with the brochure, and the prices I've been able to negotiate, it's almost a no brainer to buy now...*if* I can find the right car.
Old 1/12/12, 09:49 PM
V6 Member

Hey you can get dealer to run a search. They can run it nationwide. On Fords website you can run your on search. What state are you in? Also do you know about Xplan price? Many large companies get a supplier discount price from Ford.
Old 1/13/12, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by JP Ford
Hey you can get dealer to run a search. They can run it nationwide. On Fords website you can run your on search. What state are you in? Also do you know about Xplan price? Many large companies get a supplier discount price from Ford.
I'm in VA. I have an x plan pin but I'm able to get better pricing than that anyway. I've used the Ford website to search via the dealer search but you have to click onto each dealer's site and check individually. The other search I see on the Ford site involves entering a zip code and it searches local dealers for what you want.

I was hoping there was a way for me to search similar to what dealers can do. I'd prefer to not go to a dealer for that because I just want to find the car and go to the dealer that has it. Dealers that search seem to want to transfer it and sell it to me themselves with an added transport fee.
Old 1/13/12, 07:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Overtorqued
I'm in VA. I have an x plan pin but I'm able to get better pricing than that anyway. I've used the Ford website to search via the dealer search but you have to click onto each dealer's site and check individually. The other search I see on the Ford site involves entering a zip code and it searches local dealers for what you want.

I was hoping there was a way for me to search similar to what dealers can do. I'd prefer to not go to a dealer for that because I just want to find the car and go to the dealer that has it. Dealers that search seem to want to transfer it and sell it to me themselves with an added transport fee.
Hey bud, give me a call or shoot me a PM. I'll be happy to do a search for you. My number is in my signature below.
Old 1/13/12, 07:16 AM

I'm in VA.
I was hoping there was a way for me to search similar to what dealers can do. I'd prefer to not go to a dealer for that because I just want to find the car and go to the dealer that has it.
Hi Overtorqued,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I can help locate one for you as well. Just PM me the specs/options/features you are looking for and your ZIP code and areas you are willing to buy from and I can send you some options. If you do decide to place an order instead let me know and I can track it for you.

Deysha
Old 1/13/12, 07:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey bud, I found 3 that may work for you. They are all north of you but they are the colors you like.

Quick Reply: 2012 last order date / incentives