2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 V6 Traction control question

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/10, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 V6 Traction control question

Hello all, I have a question about the traction control/Advancetrack.

Today we had light showers (first time in probably 6 months) and I wanted to take the opportunity to safely push the car a bit on wet pavement just to see how it would respond. I did all my testing in wide open areas free of other drivers.

I have an auto, v6 2.73 gears so needless to say, it doesnt launch well, on dry pavement, even with the tc off, it will hardly spin the tires (unless flooring it while doing a 90 degree turn) so tc on of off, i havent felt too much of a difference.

On wet pavement as expected, things are much different. on one strong straight line takeoff, the TC did intervene, the light blinked and I felt an almost abs like sensation. I turned off the tc in the same location and floored it, tires lit up car did not move.. so in this case blinking light, and somewhat reduced acceleration, it worked as I would have expected.

Now, not content with just the above, i took every opportunity to "set off" the TC, there were times when it certainly felt like it was working, however, the TC light never illuminated again, including one "spirited" left turn that caused a "controlled" mini fishtail (i could tell that the system was fighting to keep the car in line) but again, no TC light on the dash.

So i guess my question is simple, when is the light supposed to actually come on? Will some TC come on without the light? I only saw it light on one rather controlled straight launch, but never saw it again on other much more "aggressive" takeoffs. And as I said before, im certain it works because with it off, full throttle will light up the tires.

Thanks!
Old 10/17/10, 09:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess we have to keep experimenting with the settings. I hope to have it all figured out by first snowfall. I will invest in winter tires. It seems to have a delayed reaction or non abrupt intervention. My 03 cobra would abruptly intervene and cut power (it cannot do much these days with that Kenne Bell).

Last edited by eurocobra; 10/17/10 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10/18/10, 08:03 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I've noticed my light (traction control) doesn't come on all the time but i know it is working. I think the Mustang just has a 'slow' TC light I've noticed on my Dad's 2010 Taurus, the TC light is more responsive when compared to my Mustang.

I don't have to worry about snow very much but i read in the owners manual, when stuck in snow it might be better to 'turn off' the traction control to get un-stuck.
Old 10/18/10, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this the system in the mustangs? Advancetrac I mean. I guess the roll contron is for the SUVs and trucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xosje0f-0zA