2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2011 Premiums have Homelink-type remote in visor?

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/10, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man this is bad news I was really looking forward to this feature.

Hopefully there will be a way to retro fit it when it does come out.
Old 3/2/10, 03:16 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,190 Likes on 2,337 Posts
I believe that option is gone. Notes in the Parts Visor Notes shows 2011 Part numbers backfitted to 2010 Spec.

KC
Old 3/7/10, 03:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Stopped by my dealer last Friday and it was nice enough outside that I could sit and crawl all over the 2010 GT on the lot without being distracted by "that's enough of this insanity, I'm freezing my a** off ". Took my time (no coat on and did not miss it), and really checked everything out.

Anyway, took my Garage Door Opener that I have stealthfully velcro'd in the inside edge of the plastic door pocket of my '04 to see how it fit in the 2010. It actually fit BETTER (could put it further forward) and was just as natural to reach in and press the button. Just need to add a companion velcro strip in my 2011 when it gets here and I'll be all set.

Personally, I'll NOT be missing the HOMELINK feature ... if it would have even worked with my older "non-rolling code" GD opener.

Doug
Old 3/8/10, 03:19 PM
GT Member

Homelink

If it has it then it would be nice, but if it doesn't then it's not the end of the world, at lteast it will still have a 5.0 in it....now if we all "pop" the hood and notice something different then that wouldn't be good....
Old 3/8/10, 06:01 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, good point. I know I'm not buying one these cars because of the garage door opener! Give me that 5.0 engine!

Originally Posted by 2011 Fastback
If it has it then it would be nice, but if it doesn't then it's not the end of the world, at lteast it will still have a 5.0 in it....now if we all "pop" the hood and notice something different then that wouldn't be good....
Old 3/9/10, 12:00 AM
Bullitt Member

I just got a printout of the "Vehicle Details" for my GT Premium on order. This was from Ford's "vehicle visibility" dealer website.

For the "Garage Door Opener" category it says: "Less Garage Door Opener" in the Feature column for my vehicle...
Old 3/28/10, 01:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bummer was hoping to swap the visor into the 2008 now will just have to go with it mounted in the overhead console or maybe get my visor recovered after addind one there.
Old 3/28/10, 07:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

You guys know you can add the Homelink control panel pretty easily to the overhead console or really anywhere there is room - here's a link where one was added to the overhead console:

https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=469898

I've added the Homelink to a number of my vehicles, including my 08 GT/CS (it's in the rearview mirror). Basically it's a power, ground and if you happen to have a lighted unit you'll need to hook it up to the interior lights but really it's an easy install. I even hooked up a Homelink unit with the voice memo feature to my friend's truck, and it works great. The units run about 20-40 bucks on Ebay, just search for Homelink.
Old 5/24/12, 07:05 AM
V6 Member

This might help few people out there.

Now I can answer all your question about the retrofit, since I did it sucessfully on my 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert.

I ordered both Sunvisors at Levittown Ford Super Center: http://www.partswebs...ordsupercenter/

My local dealer was asking me 510$ Can for both sunvisors including tax, a steal ! They both cost me 366$ US including shipping and duty/tax to Canada....

You only need to order those two parts (for the Vert), no additionnal harness required:

BR3Z7604105DA
BR3Z7604104AA

Then, you'll need to remove both original sunvisors, and their bracket (hook), and then, just pull on the top trim to remove it, including the top reading lamp. Once unclip, just unplug the current harness and move away for a while. Here's what you'll see:

Right side:

Left side:

If you look closeley, the required harness required to power both sunvisors, is surrounding the wire, using tape. Just remove the tape and you'll find both harness required for the sunvisors. On the passenger's side, you may need to remove the A pillar trim to access the whole harness.

Driver's side harness, under this foam:

Passenger's side harness, under this tape:

Passenger's side A pillar view:

Driver's side harness: just cut the surrounding tape, and have the harness pass through the hole:

Screw the new sunvisors back in place only on one side, and reclip the top trim in place, then replace/reclip the A pillar passenger side trim, screw back the sunvisors holder and you're done: