Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 GT Build Out Question

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/10, 06:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GT Build Out Question

I spoke with a dealer last night about possibly buying a 2011 GT. I really like the lower front fascia and dark billet grille on the sterling gray. I know that you can't purchase a CS in that color, which is fine because I don't particularly care for the graphics on the car. But, the ford website does allow you to build a GT in that color with those specific parts and it prices the car out. The dealership that I spoke with told me that I could not get those specific parts on the car from the factory. They said that I would have to purchase the parts and have the fascia painted. Ist there any truth to that? The guy I spoke with seemed to be on the level and they had some great prices. But I just don't see why I can build the car on Ford's website like that and not have it delivered that way.
Old 11/11/10, 06:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

thats what my dealer told me. its not a factory item but a dealer accessory.

i had the same thinking as you lol.
Old 11/11/10, 07:08 AM
GT Member

Just refer to the order guide in this sticky:
2011 MUSTANG ORDER GUIDE IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!

Ford builds only what is in the guide, the rest are accessories...
Old 11/11/10, 08:16 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hauss1
I spoke with a dealer last night about possibly buying a 2011 GT. I really like the lower front fascia and dark billet grille on the sterling gray. I know that you can't purchase a CS in that color, which is fine because I don't particularly care for the graphics on the car. But, the ford website does allow you to build a GT in that color with those specific parts and it prices the car out. The dealership that I spoke with told me that I could not get those specific parts on the car from the factory. They said that I would have to purchase the parts and have the fascia painted. Ist there any truth to that? The guy I spoke with seemed to be on the level and they had some great prices. But I just don't see why I can build the car on Ford's website like that and not have it delivered that way.

Ryan, your dealer is right. I order all the Mustangs for the store I work for. Ford's website shows a lot of accessories (including the GT/CS front & rear valances), but if you click on the "details" button it clearly states that these are dealer installed items and that the prices shown online are just for the parts and does not include installation. The GT/CS valances do not require painting as they are grey plastic, so no prep/paint charges. However, other accessories do require prep/paint (i.e. side scoops or side window louvers).
Old 11/11/10, 09:30 AM
Bullitt Member

So Brian, what does the installation of the lower fascia require. Is it a totally different front bumper or is it just an add on to the current bumper. Does that require a lot of labor?
Old 11/11/10, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I have another question as well. This dealership offers what they call a "Stallion Package". This package consists of a C&L 95 mm CAI, a magnaflow exhaust with Tru X, and SCT 3 tuner and 3 tunes done by the Ford Racing certified tech. They want 7200 bucks for that package and are saying that it is giving a 20 to 25% hp gain. I priced out the parts and they are all under 2K together. I know installation is not 5200 dollars. They did say that all of the aftermarket work would not void the warranty. I really don't have a frame of reference on standard installation because my friend always did all the performance work on my mustang now and he did it all dirt cheap. Any suggestions?
Old 11/11/10, 06:47 PM
Banned

im not trying to be mean. but u really should do some research before u spend $35,000+ on a car lol geez
Old 11/11/10, 09:06 PM

So Brian, what does the installation of the lower fascia require. Is it a totally different front bumper or is it just an add on to the current bumper. Does that require a lot of labor?
It's just a simple matter of undoing a few bolts under the bumpesr and putting the new pieces on underneath. You keep your existing painted bumper covers. Most customers could do it themselves in their driveway.
Old 11/11/10, 09:09 PM

I have another question as well. This dealership offers what they call a "Stallion Package". This package consists of a C&L 95 mm CAI, a magnaflow exhaust with Tru X, and SCT 3 tuner and 3 tunes done by the Ford Racing certified tech. They want 7200 bucks for that package and are saying that it is giving a 20 to 25% hp gain. I priced out the parts and they are all under 2K together. I know installation is not 5200 dollars. They did say that all of the aftermarket work would not void the warranty. I really don't have a frame of reference on standard installation because my friend always did all the performance work on my mustang now and he did it all dirt cheap. Any suggestions?
I'd say pass on their Stallion Package; it's waaaaaaay overpriced at $7200. You can get easily install an x-pipe, cat back, and CAI yourself in about 2-3 hours with simple hand tools. Aftermarket parts don't void your warranty, but any damage to your car caused by aftermarket parts is not covered by warranty.
Old 11/11/10, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by shadowstang03gt
im not trying to be mean. but u really should do some research before u spend $35,000+ on a car lol geez
He is doing research! He's doing it right here in the forums and we should be helping him, not belittling him.
Old 11/11/10, 09:27 PM

My dealer included install on the lower fascia and billet grill, but yeah its a pretty basic install. Just be aware that if you want the billet grill to look like it does in a CS you are going to have to have the plastic surrounding the billet painted.
Old 11/11/10, 10:23 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
He is doing research! He's doing it right here in the forums and we should be helping him, not belittling him.