2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 Build and Price is up

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/10, 11:22 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just tried it again, shows $0 on base GT and correct $1695 on the premium.

$1695 is what it should be on base or premium, the site is still screwed up.
Old 4/18/10, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
were the side window louvers a factory/dealer option on the 2010? looks like $112 is a hell of a deal if those are painted
Old 4/18/10, 11:53 AM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

ok ford, when you go in and fix the brembo pack pricing on the deluxe B&P, please also add the 18R steering wheel upgrade option
Old 4/18/10, 11:53 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by NeverNZ
were the side window louvers a factory/dealer option on the 2010? looks like $112 is a hell of a deal if those are painted
Yes it was, wish they offered the flush ones though, I don't care for the ones they do offer.

Last edited by Ltngdrvr; 4/18/10 at 11:55 AM.
Old 4/18/10, 01:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

After serious soul searching I am thinking about a base GT with only 3.73 gears as the only option. Am I crazy? I dont like the steering wheel but man those options add up quick. I still get the 5 oh the six speed and good rear end. That and a beautiful car that will flat out haul the mail. What do you think?

I am not into sync and all that stuff anyway. I am sure its great and all but its not a big deal to me. I am a older fart and technology has blew by me. Performance matters to me but I cant justify the brembo package.

I know the strut tower brace does not come unless you have 19 inch wheels right? But, we get the track pack from 2010 if I understand correctly minus the brace. Please correct me anytime here if I am wrong. I want one bad but I have a 03 Mach that is immaculate that I am leary to part with. I cant have them both. The mach 1 really got into my heart like a pet and I have trouble letting it go.
Its been that special to me. I cant think of anytihing in the world more special than driving down the road looking over the shaker. I love it.
Old 4/18/10, 01:40 PM
GTR Member

I'd still option that base GT with 3.73s and the Brembos. You also get the recalibrated ESC with that package. All the performance, no fluff, and goes like stink. That's your modern day "stripper" car.
Old 4/18/10, 01:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
I'd still option that base GT with 3.73s and the Brembos. You also get the recalibrated ESC with that package. All the performance, no fluff, and goes like stink. That's your modern day "stripper" car.
Talking to me overboost? I have wrestled big time with the brembo option. Trust me. I could still change my mind. May be I need to drive them both? This is very difficult for me. I want to get this right. I thank you for your opinion and I want every bodies no matter if I agree or disagree. Its all about what fits my driving style at the end of the day. Thank you Ford for giving us what we have biched about for so long. Good job. Now, fine tune it.
Old 4/18/10, 01:54 PM
GTR Member

Ya chevys, that was directed at you. I think you've got the right idea for a simple performance car, but I would personally spend that extra $1600 for the benefits of it, even if you don't use it for a road course or autocross, those brakes will be nice, and the meatier tires on the 19" wheels make sense to me.
Old 4/18/10, 01:59 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by chevys
Talking to me overboost? I have wrestled big time with the brembo option. Trust me. I could still change my mind. May be I need to drive them both? This is very difficult for me. I want to get this right. I thank you for your opinion and I want every bodies no matter if I agree or disagree. Its all about what fits my driving style at the end of the day. Thank you Ford for giving us what we have biched about for so long. Good job. Now, fine tune it.
As stated before, unless a road race track is in your Mustang's future, the brembo's are just for bragging rights and higher cost for replacement tires and rotors.

And if you just want the big rotors to fill up the inside of the wheels you can get Baer 14" drilled and slotted rotor upgrade kits for BOTH front and rear for less than the brembos cost for just the front.
Old 4/18/10, 08:35 PM

I don't get why the Brembo's can't be had on the automatic GT.
Old 4/18/10, 08:40 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by modularmuscle
I don't get why the Brembo's can't be had on the automatic GT.
They figure if you are wanting brembos then you are after max track performance so you need a manual tranny, kind of goes hand in hand.
Old 4/18/10, 10:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
As stated before, unless a road race track is in your Mustang's future, the brembo's are just for bragging rights and higher cost for replacement tires and rotors.

And if you just want the big rotors to fill up the inside of the wheels you can get Baer 14" drilled and slotted rotor upgrade kits for BOTH front and rear for less than the brembos cost for just the front.
I am really leaning this way. Does anybody know what kind of tires come with the base GT? Part of my hesitation is the cost of replacing the tires and brakes on the brembo package. They are expensive to say the least. Not to mention they dont last very long either. I know its a trade off of sorts but man those tires are expensive. It would be cool no doubt but I dont think I would ever push the car hard enough to justify the cost. I just think it would be overkill for me personally. Back when I bought the mach 1 there were no options really so it was easy. Now Ford has given us what we have all complained about and its making it hard for me. I think I need to wait and look at a bunch of different cars and drive several of them to be sure. I will have to wait for Ford to get them out to the dealers.

Color is another thing killing me. Sterling gray of Kona blue? I like them both. I bounce back and forth all the time. My mach is torch red so no more red cars right now. I just cant seem to make up my mind. This is very hard for me because I want to make sure I get it right. I am going to have to wait to see a bunch of different cars if Ford ever starts shipping them to the dealers.

Last edited by 3Mach1; 4/18/10 at 10:14 PM.
Old 4/18/10, 10:18 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by chevys
I am really leaning this way. Does anybody know what kind of tires come with the base GT? Part of my hesitation is the cost of replacing the tires and brakes on the brembo package. They are expensive to say the least. Not to mention they dont last very long either. I know its a trade off of sorts but man those tires are expensive. It would be cool no doubt but I dont think I would ever push the car hard enough to justify the cost. I just think it would be overkill for me personally. Back when I bought the mach 1 there were no options really so it was easy. Now Ford has given us what we have all complained about and its making it hard for me. I think I need to wait and look at a bunch of different cars and drive several of them to be sure. I will have to wait for Ford to get them out to the dealers.

Color is another thing killing me. Sterling gray of Kona blue? I like them both. I bounce back and forth all the time. My mach is torch red so no more red cars right now. I just cant seem to make up my mind. This is very hard for me because I want to make sure I get it right. I am going to have to wait to see a bunch of different cars if Ford ever starts shipping them to the dealers.
Standard 18's are 235/50/18 pirelli PZero all seasons, lots of available tires. I would go with a 255/45/18 to replace them when they wear out.

All the colors look good as far as I'm concerned except white.
Old 4/18/10, 10:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Standard 18's are 235/50/18 pirelli PZero all seasons, lots of available tires. I would go with a 255/45/18 to replace them when they wear out.

All the colors look good as far as I'm concerned except white.
Thank you. Do you have any kind of range the base pirelli Pzero tires should wear out at? I know its impossible to say because of different drivers ect but do you have a range? My Mom has a 06 Gt with pirelli all season tires that look really good at 20k on the clock. They should go 30k with no problems but this car does not get burn outs ect done to it. It is short tripped a lot especially in the summer since its a vert.

Edit: I see you said all seasons so I assume they are the same tires.

One more thing. The 2011 is basically the 2010 with the track pack but we dont get the strut tower brace unless we order 19 inch wheels. How much difference is the strut tower brace going to make? Could it be added later anyway?

Last edited by 3Mach1; 4/18/10 at 10:43 PM.
Old 4/18/10, 10:54 PM
GTR Member

Lots of choices for strut tower braces, almost every Mustang place sells them, super easy bolt-on.

And again, unless you are racing you probably won't be able to tell much difference with or without the brace.
Old 4/19/10, 12:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Lots of choices for strut tower braces, almost every Mustang place sells them, super easy bolt-on.

And again, unless you are racing you probably won't be able to tell much difference with or without the brace.
I want a car cover. How much is that? I am so sorry for asking so many questions. I sould be shot. Please bear with me. This is a huge deal to me. I hope you can understand. I want one so bad.