Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010 v6 grill replacement options?

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/10, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 v6 grill replacement options?

All,
I just purchased a 2010 v6 convertible and love the car. The only change that I would like to make to the car deals with the front end and exhaust/rear valence. My question is regarding the front end - I am looking at multiple options, but haven't seen the exact topic covered here. Here's my thoughts:

- Are there any 2010 v6 specific billet grill replacements or Roush grills (not looking for overlays, I have found many of those)upper and lower for v6? what is the install like for replacement?

- What about puchasing the GT front bumber cover from NEWTAKEOFF.com and replacing my v6 front with the GT front - Can I then purchase a GT billet grill or Roush grill? If so, what other parts are required?http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang_gt...over_2010.aspx

- I would like to achieve a similer end result, such as the Gold mustang shown here https://themustangsource.com/f726/20...umbers-482820/ ---- This is a GT, but what are my options to achieve this same look on a v6 and avoiding the overlay route??

Thanks for reading and I really appreciate any help/useful responses to my question - My only plans are to change the front end and add x-pipes/GT valence on the rear. I am really struggling with my options and paths to acheive the front end look as shown above.

Thanks
Old 12/13/10, 01:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 554 Likes on 360 Posts
Here is the list you need to convert to that front end not counting the grill
GT front Bumper
Grill surround AR3Z-8419-AA
Lower Facia with Fog Lights BR3Z-15200-AA
Lower Facia Without Fog lights BR3Z-17626-AB (Provided in case you did not want the fogs)
Then you can run a GT grill
If you still want to run a V6 grill you will need BR3Z-8419-AA
Old 12/13/10, 03:42 PM

Thanks for the information. The avaiability of parts for this car and options to modify between the GT and V6 are great, I didn't expect that when I made the purchase.

One last question - Is the MCA grill on the 2011 v6 also fit in the 2010 v6 as a direct replacement using factory mounting locations, or will it require some drilling? I am thinking about taking a stepped approach, but am nervous about drilling into the bumper cover, surrounds if that is required.
Old 12/13/10, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by dhard
Thanks for the information. The avaiability of parts for this car and options to modify between the GT and V6 are great, I didn't expect that when I made the purchase.

One last question - Is the MCA grill on the 2011 v6 also fit in the 2010 v6 as a direct replacement using factory mounting locations, or will it require some drilling? I am thinking about taking a stepped approach, but am nervous about drilling into the bumper cover, surrounds if that is required.
'

I think this grill (attached) is the one you want. I ordered mine from the dealer ($250 and change) and installed it in about 5 minutes. The old one literally pops out and then you pop this one in. Hope this helps. I think this grill looks badA.
Attached Thumbnails 2010 v6 grill replacement options?-ponygrill.jpg  
Old 12/13/10, 07:24 PM

madv6, thanks for the input - good looking v6 you have (I like the ford wheels).
Your grill setup sounds more like my first option. But, back to my followup question, everthing that I have read, always states that this grill is good for the '11 v6 or the '10/'11 v8 with additional equipment and I noticed that you have a '11. So, does it have the same compatibility with the '10 v6? My gut tells me yes, but even on the Ford parts site, it only shows for 2011, while other parts show retro-fit years.

The other reason that I am hesitant is that this solution only covers the upper grill, but still leaves the lower grill in the factory honeycomb look. Does that "mismatch" look both you? or have you thought about a billet grill for the lower. I know that is personal taste, but after seeing some examples with uppers and lowers in billet, I think that it looks for more uniform, but I only see overlay solutions for lower grill on the '10 v6.

Last edited by dhard; 12/13/10 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12/13/10, 08:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

If you go the whole route that you are trying for, the GT/CS lower Valance pictured in the link does not have a lower grill, so by the time you are done it will not be there.
Also, if you get the MCA grill, you will need the BR3Z-8419-AA grill surround to run the V6 grill when you do the GT conversion.
All the front end parts on the 2010 are the same as the 2011 until you get to the deflector underneath, but the 2010 fits the 2011 and VS so no problem

Last edited by Siber Express; 12/13/10 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12/13/10, 09:21 PM

Siber and mad, thanks for the responses. I am going to the dealer tommorrow and order the MCA grill. This will be my first step. Very excited to see how it looks on my black convertible.

Ultimately, I am absolutely sold on the look that dmhines has on his gold one stang in the links - I think that is the cleanest look that I've seen for this model front end. I will need to do more homework on adding the foglights (my v6 did not come with any fogs from the factory, so I'm sure there is no wiring stuffed in there) and get my comfort level up on completing the entire conversion to the GT front end.
Old 12/14/10, 05:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Siber and mad, thanks for the responses. I am going to the dealer tommorrow and order the MCA grill. This will be my first step. Very excited to see how it looks on my black convertible.

Ultimately, I am absolutely sold on the look that dmhines has on his gold one stang in the links - I think that is the cleanest look that I've seen for this model front end. I will need to do more homework on adding the foglights (my v6 did not come with any fogs from the factory, so I'm sure there is no wiring stuffed in there) and get my comfort level up on completing the entire conversion to the GT front end.
Here is the Fog Light Harness and Switch http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/proddetail.asp?prod=3550
The Fog Lights in the GT/CS lower Facia are H11 so you need the one for the V6 Pony Package.
I myself am doing the same conversion on mine in the spring minus the grill (Using the Pony Package Grill). When I got the car I was thinking about the Roush bumper, right up to the point I saw the CS front end.
Mine will basically be a V6 California Special when I am done, minus the wheels, grill and badging.
Now to go pick up the Grill Surround (supposed to be in now) so I can have it and the Pedestal Spoiler painted
Old 12/15/10, 07:32 AM

Thanks for the additional information. I didn't make it to the dealer yeaterday, but hopefully will make it by the end of the week.
Old 12/15/10, 10:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by madV6
'

I think this grill (attached) is the one you want. I ordered mine from the dealer ($250 and change) and installed it in about 5 minutes. The old one literally pops out and then you pop this one in. Hope this helps. I think this grill looks badA.
Do you happen to know the part number of the MCA-like grill you added to your 2011 V6. I ask, because we're looking for a new grabber blue MCA with 3.31 axle and without a rear camera spoiler so we can add the pedestal spoiler. All we can find in FL is similar in a Pony Package. Thanks.
Old 12/15/10, 11:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by SoFL05GT
Do you happen to know the part number of the MCA-like grill you added to your 2011 V6. I ask, because we're looking for a new grabber blue MCA with 3.31 axle and without a rear camera spoiler so we can add the pedestal spoiler. All we can find in FL is similar in a Pony Package. Thanks.
BR3Z-8200-AA is the part number according to the Ford Accessory parts online catalogue
http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...1~BR3Z_8200_AA
Old 12/15/10, 05:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Siber Express
BR3Z-8200-AA is the part number according to the Ford Accessory parts online catalogue
Perfect! Thank you.
Old 12/16/10, 07:14 AM

They make the grill in Billet Chrome and Billet Dark Stainless, so they are different part numbers, make sure that you know which one your want. The link posted to the ford accessory site will allow you to select and see each part and number.
Old 12/16/10, 08:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

They make the grill in Billet Chrome and Billet Dark Stainless, so they are different part numbers, make sure that you know which one your want. The link posted to the ford accessory site will allow you to select and see each part and number.
The one that ends in AA is the Dark Stainless, AB is the Chrome.
Old 12/21/10, 06:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Siber Express
We had no success locating a 2011 V6 anywhere in FL that met our requirements, so we are just going to wait for the one we ordered back on 10/26 that has an ETA of 1/21. Today, I am finally able to view its window sticker with the link below. It even has our name on it. How cool is that?! It's an MCA, so I won't be needing the grille anymore. Hopefully, the current incentives will be extended or get even better.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...BP8AM9B5167772
Old 12/21/10, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by SoFL05GT
We had no success locating a 2011 V6 anywhere in FL that met our requirements, so we are just going to wait for the one we ordered back on 10/26 that has an ETA of 1/21. Today, I am finally able to view its window sticker with the link below. It even has our name on it. How cool is that?! It's an MCA, so I won't be needing the grille anymore. Hopefully, the current incentives will be extended or get even better.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...BP8AM9B5167772
Where does it have your name on it??? Mine supposedly did too but I never found it.
Old 12/22/10, 05:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by madV6
Where does it have your name on it??? Mine supposedly did too but I never found it.
It's on the last line under OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT, prefixed with TAG 000A000, which in my case shows "S MARI"