Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010 Mustang Vs 2010 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/08, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some people can not be happy , mustang is getting better every year, The Camaro looks very confused ,the interior looks stange , Mustang forever Camaro will be gone again
Old 11/20/08, 07:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

The Camaro just tries too hard!
Old 11/20/08, 12:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
I honestly like the look of both cars. The Camaro has the fresher look, while the Mustang still retains much of the 05' look. The thing i really like about the Mustang is what I despise about the Camaro... the interior is amazing looking while the Camaro interior is just... dorky.

Obviously the performance specs go to the Camaro all day long. I like the Mustang but I'm not in love with it I personally am going to sit back and wait for future engine choices and special editions. Perhaps special editions like a Boss or Mach1 could have new fascias to make it more distinctive like the GT500. I don't see either one of these cars in my garage in the not so distant future. I hope Ford tries to undercut the Camaro in price once the 5.0 does come out if not I think i'll be waiting a long time for another Mustang.

The car I'm most interested in right now is the 10' GT500! I want to see a production version with all the performance info and pricing. So far I think an 07-09 GT500 is the most attractive Mustang made since the 70' model. Just my opinion...
Have you seen a Camaro in person? Park next to it in your stang and then compare. You might be surprised. Nothing wrong with having a different opnioin though.
Old 11/20/08, 12:47 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

i saw it in person as concept an didn't like it; i saw the challenger in person as concept and thought it was awesome, but when i saw the production model in person it was just alright, still cool though
Old 11/20/08, 01:49 PM
Cobra Member

The new Mustang has some aesthetic quirks, but the new Camaro is just an abomination inside and out as far as looks go. It is unfortunate that the 2010 will be the sacrificial lamb until the 2011 5.0 arrives though...

Last edited by Wolfsburg; 11/20/08 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11/20/08, 02:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
The new Mustang has some aesthetic quirks, but the new Camaro is just an abomination inside and out as far as looks go. It is unfortunate that the 2010 will be the sacrificial lamb until the 2011 5.0 arrives though...
C'mon guys don't you think that is a little much. I know it's the Mustang's arch rival, but hey its a nice looking ride. My only prob with it is the interior and maybe the front end. The way I feel about the Camaro's front end is the way I feel about the 10' Mustang rear, not a huge fan of the design but I can live with it.
Old 11/20/08, 02:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Again, have you seen it in person?
Old 11/20/08, 02:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Nope, just the Challenger. I must admit I liked it more in pictures compared to seeing it in person.
Old 11/20/08, 03:04 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

same here. when i saw it in person it was kinda bittersweet
Old 11/20/08, 03:43 PM
Cobra Member

C'mon guys don't you think that is a little much. I know it's the Mustang's arch rival, but hey its a nice looking ride. My only prob with it is the interior and maybe the front end. The way I feel about the Camaro's front end is the way I feel about the 10' Mustang rear, not a huge fan of the design but I can live with it.
I didn't like the concept and as it stands there is very little, if anything, I like about the production Camaro visually. Maybe my opinion will change when I see it in person, I don't know. To me the Challenger (externally, anyways) and the refreshed Mustang look way better.
Old 11/20/08, 03:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

The Camaro's front looks cartoonish, the vents are all fake, the rear looks .....bad, and the interior is a disaster. But it does have nice hips, you've got me there.
Old 11/20/08, 03:51 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

the rear end looks like a half asleep corvette
Old 11/21/08, 01:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by saleen367
I'm not sure Ford will stick with this theme of lower HP, but it worked in the 60's and I for one hope they stay with it. Hear me out ...

Think of how much $ it takes to insure a 500 HP car for someone in their 20's or even 30's. ??? I think if Ford keeps the 5.0 at a modest HP (like the 428CJ in `68 1/2 - `70) ... all of this will make the aftermarket drool and all of us as well. I love the idea of a HP war, but in honesty all it does is make the insurance industry rich.
I'll take a 360 HP 5.0 for $34000, add a SC for another $6k that my insurance agent doesn't have to know about and I'm happy as hell. Just my $.02
that works until you get into an accident, the claims adjuster sees the SC and you are denied. Now you are out $40,000 and you are walking.
Old 11/21/08, 01:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AWmustang
that works until you get into an accident, the claims adjuster sees the SC and you are denied. Now you are out $40,000 and you are walking.
All they can deny is coverage for the SC.
Old 11/24/08, 07:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I worry about the entry level. This is where the mustang gets its profitability. I spent some time over on Chevy's website checking out the camaro.
It is posting the V6 to have 300 hp. It also states that it is starting at $22K. Now nowhere on there does it directly state that the 300 hp V6 is the base engine, but it also does not offer an alternative.

So being a mustang owner since 1995 ( believe it or not that is 7 mustangs) I am worried.

The base mustang for 2010 was stated to be around $21K that offers a solid rear axle and a 210 hp V6. If the Chevy website is not misleading then the base camaro starts around $22K with a IRS equipped 300 hp V6. Cost advantage Camaro. If i were in the market for a V6 sport coupe i would unfortunately choose the Camaro. Luckily I am not in the market.

Anyone have any info on this. Different base camaro engine?
Old 11/24/08, 07:26 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jarradasay
I worry about the entry level. This is where the mustang gets its profitability. I spent some time over on Chevy's website checking out the camaro.
It is posting the V6 to have 300 hp. It also states that it is starting at $22K. Now nowhere on there does it directly state that the 300 hp V6 is the base engine, but it also does not offer an alternative.

So being a mustang owner since 1995 ( believe it or not that is 7 mustangs) I am worried.

The base mustang for 2010 was stated to be around $21K that offers a solid rear axle and a 210 hp V6. If the Chevy website is not misleading then the base camaro starts around $22K with a IRS equipped 300 hp V6. Cost advantage Camaro. If i were in the market for a V6 sport coupe i would unfortunately choose the Camaro. Luckily I am not in the market.

Anyone have any info on this. Different base camaro engine?
The 300 bhp V6 is the base engine for the Camaro. From what I have seen, the Mustang interior is better than the Camaro and I don't think the Camaro offers navigation. It all depends on what a person is looking for in a car. The Camaro starts out at $23k as well, not $22k.
Old 11/24/08, 07:32 AM
Bullitt Member

All indications are that the base Camaro V6 is the 300 HP GDI 3.6 variant; that the 26x HP 3.6 will not be offered. Makes sense in this car as it does get better MPG, even though it costs a bit more to build.

I could be wrong, but I really think that entry-level buyers are more style-conscious than HP conscious. Given the vast styling differences between the Camaro and the Mustang, I doubt there will be too many entry-level customers that will make the decision based on the engine. If cost is comparable, I suspect styling preferences to be the determining factor at this level.

I also suspect that the vast majority of potential buyers who would be heavily influenced by the engines will be the V8 buyers. And even there, with the SC options available from Ford with warranty, I suspect it will come down to styling preferences and/or brand loyalty, for the most part.

There will likely be some fence-sitters, too. And they could go either way. Perhaps economics will be the deciding factor for them.

In any case, I believe it will be interesting to see how the market responds to both of them. Pity the economy had to tank just as things were starting to get interesting, pony car-wise...
Old 11/24/08, 02:46 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MBK
maro fans say the mustang interior is too plain, well yeah its plain because it doesn't have the built in nintendo controller with rumble pack standard hahahaa

I hadnt seen that before. Thats funny right there. TOO retro. Who the hell would want to look WAY down there to see the gauges?! And talk about an aftermarket nightmare for stereo installations.
Old 11/24/08, 07:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, it is going to be a tough call to make between the two, but for right now I have to give the nod to the Camaro. I like the exterior and hp of the Camaro much better, but the interior of the 2010 Mustang seems much nicer. Hopefully the 5.0 will have a big bump in hp, because right now the 4.6 just gives up too much hp to the Camaro SS.

However, if you can get a V6 front end with fogs on a GT, and the aftermarket does something with the black plastic on the rear, and the 5.0 is at least close to the Camaro in hp, then I will lean back towards the Mustang, but for now, I tip my hat to the bowtie boys.

Of course if the Camaro convertible doesn't come to pass, like some are rumoring, then it will be a non-issue, and I will be getting a 2012 GT.
Old 11/25/08, 08:56 AM
Cobra Member

I'm not seeing the similarity between the two outside of the hood. The Mustang is more refined with softer curves and IMHO is the best blend of concept/production. The Camaro does have nice hips but the front grill is too wide, and I do not like the rear at all especially those taillights. The interior is fitting of a concept car but not for a production car. Concept cars look great but when all is said and done do any of them actually look comfortable to sit in for more then 5 minuets?

It looks like GM took a 70's Camaro and smashed it together with a modern corvette. I have yet to talk with a Camaro fan who likes the new one, and I know some real die hards. I am just being overly critical, it's not that I hate the new Camaro but it's just not a nice as the new Mustang. Though I won't be able to buy one of these until 2010/2011 (actual year not model year) and as awesome as the new mustang looks it does not make me dislike my 2007. All this aside I just think its great to see the Stang finally have some competition again.

Quick Reply: 2010 Mustang Vs 2010 Camaro