2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010 Mustang Vs 2010 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/08, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chevys
Read it and weep. This is not 2002. Fords enginses suck and they are weak. I wish them the best but this new car is no big deal. Its nothing but a re fresh. and pretty much a joke to me. Where is the beef? Oh, we forgot that part. The Gm conterpart only has 422 hp. Only 422 that is.

Over 100 hp more my friend. Thats a lot and 400 lbs does not even come close to making up for it. The ss will smoke the stang big time.
Chevys, you know it's only for 1 year right? Are you ignoring the 400hp 5.0 in 2011 on purpose or what? Ford "sucks" for 1 year. Who cares? Just like there was no Camaro for 8 years.. WHO CARES? Doesn't mean Chevy sucked because the Mustang beat the 2002 Camaro from 2005-2009.

Doesn't mean that Ford sucks because the Camaro will beat the Mustang for 2010. One model year.

Please respond with your logic.

Last edited by krnpimpsta; 11/19/08 at 05:50 AM.
Old 11/19/08, 05:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Im just sick about the engine. I knew it was coming but didnt thing it would be this bad. Cant wait to line up with a 10 with my 03 Mach. It should be good.. Thats real progress Ford. NOT>
Old 11/19/08, 06:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

If you think Im rushing out to buy a weak 10 Mustang the you have mis judged me. Not a chance in hell. The 10 is not more powerful than my 03 Mach. Thats big progess Ford. LOL. WTF. 8 ****ing years and this is what we get????????? WTF Is this the best you can do Ford? I guess it is because you are getting your clock cleaned in trucks as well. The 5.4 is a joke compared to everything else,

Call me when you get serious with engines. Im done. I think I have an ls3 calling my name now.

Edit, never mide, dont call me. Im done with weak engines and Im going to GM Im done with this BS weak crap from Ford. My Mach is my last Ford I guess. What a joke Ford has become. Im not taking it anymore and Im going to the dark side for the raw power. See you mustangers on the street. I love you guys but I am fed up. You My10 guys have your work cut out for you. LOL You just as well have a 03 Mach. What a shame.

Nice Job Ford. NOt See you later.

Can I still come to Mustang meets with a camaro with a fire breathing ls3? I really like all you guys.

Last edited by 3Mach1; 11/19/08 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11/19/08, 06:26 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
Chevys, you know it's only for 1 year right? Are you ignoring the 400hp 5.0 in 2011 on purpose or what? Ford "sucks" for 1 year.
Actually it will be 1 1/2 years till you see the 2011. A lot can happen in that timeframe- your talking like the 5.0 is a done deal. We really don't know what 2011 will bring. What he do know is 2010 has 315hp.
Old 11/19/08, 06:52 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you think Im rushing out to buy a weak 10 Mustang the you have mis judged me. Not a chance in hell. The 10 is not more powerful than my 03 Mach. Thats big progess Ford. LOL. WTF. 8 ****ing years and this is what we get????????? WTF Is this the best you can do Ford? I guess it is because you are getting your clock cleaned in trucks as well. The 5.4 is a joke compared to everything else,

Call me when you get serious with engines. Im done. I think I have an ls3 calling my name now.

Edit, never mide, dont call me. Im done with weak engines and Im going to GM Im done with this BS weak crap from Ford. My Mach is my last Ford I guess. What a joke Ford has become. Im not taking it anymore and Im going to the dark side for the raw power. See you mustangers on the street. I love you guys but I am fed up. You My10 guys have your work cut out for you. LOL You just as well have a 03 Mach. What a shame.

Can I still come to Mustang meets with a camaro with a fire breathing ls3? I really like all you guys.
It might be cheaper if you just put a 500hp motor on the back of a bicycle, then you would smoke everyone since obviously that's all that is important to you.
Old 11/19/08, 07:02 AM
GT Member

The lowly Ford will have a better aftermarket then the Camaro, expect the cheapest interior possible in the Camaro. I'll stick with a Mustang.
Old 11/19/08, 07:30 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bye Troll - don't let the door bump you on the way out
Old 11/19/08, 08:39 AM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

whoa! let's not get carried away here! Ford Trucks are the most durable, toughest trucks on the market!!!
Old 11/19/08, 08:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Placed side-by-side the Camaro seems cooler looking - but what will it look like in person with 'regular' wheels and tires? What about pricing? Ever new Challenger I see at the dealer is well over $30K. Whose buying that cat for that price - not the numbers a car dealer needs to sustain the model.

Chevy lovers will rant about the Camaro - and Ford lover will support the Mustang. The Camaro reflects GM poor decision making - here it is - a 2010 model 5 years after the 'new' Mustang - 5 years. BY the time you can actualy drive one Obama will have taken office. Looks Ford shows up with a refined car - the Camaro? Wonder how many 'new car' problems will surface?
Old 11/19/08, 09:04 AM

I don't understand this craze of compare the power between cars, if you like a car and it has the enough power, what's the problem??? When I'm going to buy a car I don't look at only the engine, I look at the design, the interior if it's comfortable... in short, if I like the car. If you don't like it, don't buy it, it's very simple.

I don't buy a car because it's better than this one or another one, for me, 315 hp is enough ( I'm looking for a car which makes 0-60 mph under 7 seconds which has a good engine with a good sound) and the mustang GT with the 4.6 engine achieve my objectives. I want the car to drive by streets, not to compete with a camaro's driver or challenger's driver. It's all the same to me.

Why I want a car with 400 or 500 hp if where I live the limit speed is about 75 mph??? Now I have a Rover 75 with a "ridiculous" engine (2.0 V6 with 150 hp and 1560 kg of weight) but I love it, it sounds like angels and it's enough to run by roads.

In Spain everybody talk about the same problem, "I want this car, but that car have 50 hp more, it's a ****!!!"

If you enjoy with a mustang, what's the matter? 315 hp is enough to have a good time. It's true that the camaro had been tested in Nurburgring, but in my opinion if you want a car which is good in mountain's road, you must to buy an EVO or STI.
Old 11/19/08, 09:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MustangSpain
I don't understand this craze of compare the power between cars, if you like a car and it has the enough power, what's the problem??? When I'm going to buy a car I don't look at only the engine, I look at the design, the interior if it's comfortable... in short, if I like the car. If you don't like it, don't buy it, it's very simple.

I don't buy a car because it's better than this one or another one, for me, 315 hp is enough ( I'm looking for a car which makes 0-60 mph under 7 seconds which has a good engine with a good sound) and the mustang GT with the 4.6 engine achieve my objectives. I want the car to drive by streets, not to compete with a camaro's driver or challenger's driver. It's all the same to me.

Why I want a car with 400 or 500 hp if where I live the limit speed is about 75 mph??? Now I have a Rover 75 with a "ridiculous" engine (2.0 V6 with 150 hp and 1560 kg of weight) but I love it, it sounds like angels and it's enough to run by roads.

In Spain everybody talk about the same problem, "I want this car, but that car have 50 hp more, it's a ****!!!"

If you enjoy with a mustang, what's the matter? 315 hp is enough to have a good time. It's true that the camaro had been tested in Nurburgring, but in my opinion if you want a car which is good in mountain's road, you must to buy an EVO or STI.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 11/19/08, 09:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Frankly I'd be embarrassed to be seen driving the Camaro with that cartoon face. Rest of the exterior styling is pretty good, but that face just screams, "Hey, look at me! I'm really cool because of the car I drive!!".

And the interior of the 'Maro just sucks bilge water, especially compared to the new Mustang interior. Might be great for the gotta-have-the-latest-electronic-gadget crowd, but their attention span is too short to sustain volume car sales.

The Mustang, once again, is short on pure performance but way better on real-world criteria...
Old 11/19/08, 09:33 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Don't feed the trolls folks
Old 11/19/08, 11:26 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
Don't feed the trolls folks
It's soo hard to get the smell out.
Old 11/19/08, 11:28 AM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

maro fans say the mustang interior is too plain, well yeah its plain because it doesn't have the built in nintendo controller with rumble pack standard hahahaa

Old 11/19/08, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Front the front view of both cars, the camaro looks better, but from the side view the stangs looks better, because the camaro looks like it just got sandwich by two cars.
Old 11/19/08, 12:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

The Camaro looks cartoony from every angle.
Old 11/19/08, 12:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by zzcoop
The Camaro looks cartoony from every angle.
^ What you said.
Old 11/19/08, 02:14 PM
V6 Member

I'm not sure Ford will stick with this theme of lower HP, but it worked in the 60's and I for one hope they stay with it. Hear me out ...

Think of how much $ it takes to insure a 500 HP car for someone in their 20's or even 30's. ??? I think if Ford keeps the 5.0 at a modest HP (like the 428CJ in `68 1/2 - `70) ... all of this will make the aftermarket drool and all of us as well. I love the idea of a HP war, but in honesty all it does is make the insurance industry rich.
I'll take a 360 HP 5.0 for $34000, add a SC for another $6k that my insurance agent doesn't have to know about and I'm happy as hell. Just my $.02
Old 11/19/08, 07:07 PM
Cobra R Member

I honestly like the look of both cars. The Camaro has the fresher look, while the Mustang still retains much of the 05' look. The thing i really like about the Mustang is what I despise about the Camaro... the interior is amazing looking while the Camaro interior is just... dorky.

Obviously the performance specs go to the Camaro all day long. I like the Mustang but I'm not in love with it I personally am going to sit back and wait for future engine choices and special editions. Perhaps special editions like a Boss or Mach1 could have new fascias to make it more distinctive like the GT500. I don't see either one of these cars in my garage in the not so distant future. I hope Ford tries to undercut the Camaro in price once the 5.0 does come out if not I think i'll be waiting a long time for another Mustang.

The car I'm most interested in right now is the 10' GT500! I want to see a production version with all the performance info and pricing. So far I think an 07-09 GT500 is the most attractive Mustang made since the 70' model. Just my opinion...

Quick Reply: 2010 Mustang Vs 2010 Camaro