Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY

Search this Thread

Old 9/27/17, 11:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

My 2013 GT with 13k miles is for sale for $22,500 OBO
https://themustangsource.com/forums/f721/2013-gt-brembo-manual-13k-miles-22500k-obo-544651/#post7020603
Old 9/27/17, 02:23 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,719 Likes on 1,223 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...1/#post7020603
Good luck with the sale.
Old 9/29/17, 06:59 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New stablemate for the Mustang...

Old 9/29/17, 08:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by GoTime
whats the torque steer like on that car? Aren't those FWD and 306 hp?
Old 9/29/17, 10:25 AM
GT Member

whats the torque steer like on that car? Aren't those FWD and 306 hp?
Torque steer is very minimal. They have this "dual axis" suspension in front that helps with torque steer.
It's an absolute blast to drive.
Need to get the Mustang out more. It is feeling neglected at the moment.
Old 9/29/17, 12:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Nice - congrats! Did you think about a Focus RS instead? Just curious why you ended up there vs. RS, or Golf R, etc.
Old 9/29/17, 04:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 542 Likes on 422 Posts
Wow. Shocked to see somebody that obviously likes a good-looking car like the Mustang, also like something so grotesque as the new Civic.Type-R.

Sorry, but not sorry, I hate those things.

Old 9/29/17, 05:22 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Never been able to understand the point of a FWD "performance" car, but hey if you're happy with it I guess that's what matters. I just wish they didn't so blatantly rip off the looks from an STI.
Old 9/30/17, 10:31 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Nice - congrats! Did you think about a Focus RS instead? Just curious why you ended up there vs. RS, or Golf R, etc.
Thx kylerohde. We did check out the RS. Liked this one better.
Old 9/30/17, 04:47 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

Thx kylerohde. We did check out the RS. Liked this one better.
congrats bro! I almost got one too... deciding between that and an STI if I decided to go the 4 door sedan route. Did a lot of research on that car, and Honda did an absolute great job on the chassis, handling, and quelling the torque steer. I read several mag editors comments that it was the best front drive vehicle they've driven.

I'm jelly!!!
Old 10/1/17, 07:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New shoes 8)
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-31e324c0-7598-4b33-9707-a87363b17d45.jpeg   2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-70fd2b39-48cb-4cd1-bd31-c36f345a0d96.jpg  
Old 10/2/17, 06:08 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats on the new ride.
Definitely a little different feel from the weight of the Mustang but very sporty non the less with that suspension and hp.
I like the look of it actually. I think Honda has a home run with this new platform.

The Type R has very good reviews that I have seen and both local dealers cannot keep them in stock where I live.

I bet you have a big smile on your face when you wind that vtec up and throw it into a turn......most cars cannot do that......even cars that are supposed to.
Old 10/2/17, 01:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...1/#post7020603

Just an update: SOLD to CarMax for $21k after it being listed at $24k in July and slowly lowered to $21k asking price with not ONE person even coming to look at it (listed on AutoTrader, Craigslist, FB groups, FB Marketplace, and forum). Just a warning to people out there that are thinking about selling, do it now before prices drop even further. It's a shame though, someone will probably end up buying it from them for $24k or more.
Old 10/2/17, 02:53 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Just an update: SOLD to CarMax for $21k after it being listed at $24k in July and slowly lowered to $21k asking price with not ONE person even coming to look at it (listed on AutoTrader, Craigslist, FB groups, FB Marketplace, and forum). Just a warning to people out there that are thinking about selling, do it now before prices drop even further. It's a shame though, someone will probably end up buying it from them for $24k or more.
That's still not too bad, but you're right. I bet they sell your car for 23-24K.
How was the process? I've thought about bringing the Green Machine to get an offer. but I'm sure they won't be able to give me what I want for it.
Old 10/2/17, 03:10 PM
Cobra Member

I took mine in to Carmax for a quote about a month and a half ago and my quote was similar to yours... A big reason for the lower price (on mine) was the open recall, but since there was no way to get that fixed (none of the dealers around here had the replacement airbags yet) and summer was on the down-swing (V8 convertibles around here start losing appeal after the 4th of July, apparently), there wasn't much I could do... I ended up selling to the dealer we bought our new car from, since they gave me a similar amount (and it was easier and had better tax benefits)...

Originally Posted by Stage_3
That's still not too bad, but you're right. I bet they sell your car for 23-24K.
How was the process? I've thought about bringing the Green Machine to get an offer. but I'm sure they won't be able to give me what I want for it.
Getting a quote is super easy! Just go over, wait for an "appraiser" (they check the car over and goes for a short test drive) and then they give you a quote based on the info (and the quote is good for a week)... Took me about 45 minutes total (I had to wait for an appraiser the day I went). But I am pretty sure they'll lowball you... Don't Roushes come up in the system as GT's? I can't remember. In any case, Carmax will always lowball cars they either will have a tough time selling or would plan to wholesale cause they don't fit into their "system"...
Old 10/3/17, 10:04 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
congrats bro! I almost got one too... deciding between that and an STI if I decided to go the 4 door sedan route. Did a lot of research on that car, and Honda did an absolute great job on the chassis, handling, and quelling the torque steer. I read several mag editors comments that it was the best front drive vehicle they've driven.

I'm jelly!!!
Thx FromZto5.

Originally Posted by 2007s197
Congrats on the new ride.
Definitely a little different feel from the weight of the Mustang but very sporty non the less with that suspension and hp.
I like the look of it actually. I think Honda has a home run with this new platform.

The Type R has very good reviews that I have seen and both local dealers cannot keep them in stock where I live.

I bet you have a big smile on your face when you wind that vtec up and throw it into a turn......most cars cannot do that......even cars that are supposed to.
Thx 2007s197.
Old 10/3/17, 03:01 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
Getting a quote is super easy! Just go over, wait for an "appraiser" (they check the car over and goes for a short test drive) and then they give you a quote based on the info (and the quote is good for a week)... Took me about 45 minutes total (I had to wait for an appraiser the day I went). But I am pretty sure they'll lowball you... Don't Roushes come up in the system as GT's? I can't remember. In any case, Carmax will always lowball cars they either will have a tough time selling or would plan to wholesale cause they don't fit into their "system"...
Awesome man, thanks!
Yeah, I asked another guy on another Mustang forum about it and he sold his through Carmax. He told me the same as you, except to make an appointment and don't wait for an appraiser and to make sure there is one onsite.
And yes, my car will come up as a "GT".
Old 10/3/17, 05:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Awesome man, thanks!
Yeah, I asked another guy on another Mustang forum about it and he sold his through Carmax. He told me the same as you, except to make an appointment and don't wait for an appraiser and to make sure there is one onsite.
And yes, my car will come up as a "GT".
Yeah, I'd recommend an appointment too... I waited too long and needed to get the quote before I went to the dealership where we bought our new car, but really, the 45 minutes wasn't bad... I also went on weekday mid afternoon, so that helped as well...

My wife sold a car to them about 10 years ago (a few weeks after we started dating) and it was a pretty easy process too. Just signed some papers, they gave her a check (the car was already paid off) and we walked out! The easiest experience ever!

Can you get more money selling it on your own? Yeah. But some people just want to sell the car and not have to worry about creepy people on Craigslist and Autotrader! LOL!
Old 10/4/17, 03:10 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Yeah, I'd recommend an appointment too... I waited too long and needed to get the quote before I went to the dealership where we bought our new car, but really, the 45 minutes wasn't bad... I also went on weekday mid afternoon, so that helped as well...
My wife sold a car to them about 10 years ago (a few weeks after we started dating) and it was a pretty easy process too. Just signed some papers, they gave her a check (the car was already paid off) and we walked out! The easiest experience ever!
Can you get more money selling it on your own? Yeah. But some people just want to sell the car and not have to worry about creepy people on Craigslist and Autotrader! LOL!
That's killer man. I would go on a Sunday, probably mid day, early afternoonish. The car is paid off. So, I want that check!!! lol
We'll see.
And yes, I don't want to be bothered with tire kickers and have all sorts of riff-raff coming to look and wanting to drive the car. I'll pass on that. lol

Thanks again for your replies man. I appreciate it.
Old 10/5/17, 06:28 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

you sold your car?!?!?!?!?!?! Whaaaaaaaat.... I love your black vert. What'd you get instead?

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY