Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/17, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Another pic with the new wheels.
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-dsc_0636-copy.jpg  
Old 5/16/17, 07:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bert
what did you do about the air bag lights?
I bought 2 resistor plugs sold by Ford. (XF2Z-14B022-AA) I bought one for each side. The resistor needs to be cut out and replaced with a 2 ohm resistor. After the plugs are modded it is simply plug and play. No lights, no warnings. The biggest pain was getting the bladder sensor into the new passenger seat. Took a second set of hands but it is in and it works.

Here is the walkthrough I used.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-gt-tech/336613-2012-mustang-aftermarket-seat-diy.html

Old 5/17/17, 06:25 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Do a high quality epoxy, and do it now before you move in all kinds of stuff in there that will have to be moved out when you finally decide to do it.
Imagine how awesome a glossy floor will look, maybe a light silver with black/gray/white sprinkles!!!
cost cost and more cost

i would have if I could. But the cost of the floor is exactly the cost of my lift, delivered and installed ... so priority shifts to the lift.
Old 5/17/17, 07:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
cost cost and more cost

i would have if I could. But the cost of the floor is exactly the cost of my lift, delivered and installed ... so priority shifts to the lift.
I would still prioritize the epoxy to the lift.
The epoxy needs time to dry, and I'd want it in all the nooks and crannies that I have access to without all the crap I'd move in there.
You've lived all this time without a lift, what's a few more months?
Old 5/17/17, 07:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
cost cost and more cost

The super high gloss looks nice and all but it's not very safe in areas that will be wetted frequently. We have high gloss grey in all of our hangars and it's like a skating rink when we clean floors. It also scuffs when jacks and such are pulled across it so care has to be taken if you don't want "Patina" added to your high gloss floor.

So is it going to be a two poster or a four poster Burton? Decisions decisions!

John
Old 5/17/17, 07:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by V6 Driver

Finished up 2017's interior upgrades. They have already been track tested in a HPDE @ Autobahn Country Club. Huge improvement over the crappy stock seats.

That's some serious equipment you installed there! They look 10x more comfortable and "Sticky" than the stock ones. What material are they made of? Looks like all leather with different finishes? Can I ask how much they set you back?

John
Old 5/17/17, 08:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Horspla
That's some serious equipment you installed there! They look 10x more comfortable and "Sticky" than the stock ones. What material are they made of? Looks like all leather with different finishes? Can I ask how much they set you back?

John

Yes, the stock seats are pretty much junk. These seats are a microsuede. We will see how well they hold up in the summer months when I am sweating on them. The darker are leather wear surfaces. Even without using the harnesses these seats are a huge improvement. I realized at the track I was fighting my stock seats, so these will allow me to push the limits a bit more and enjoy my track time.

The seats were 958$ for the pair. Cloth are 160$ less. One still needs seat brackets in order to mount them. Lets just say Black Friday 2016 was very good to me and I used several codes from Late Model Restoration.
Old 5/17/17, 08:12 AM
I Have No Life

The super high gloss looks nice and all but it's not very safe in areas that will be wetted frequently. We have high gloss grey in all of our hangars and it's like a skating rink when we clean floors. It also scuffs when jacks and such are pulled across it so care has to be taken if you don't want "Patina" added to your high gloss floor.

So is it going to be a two poster or a four poster Burton? Decisions decisions!

John
thanks John… Yes, the slippery floors, even with texture, were part of what made me think twice of doing it in the first place. I have a couple of friends that have those epoxy floors and they were actually not happy with them. One of them had them professionally installed even… If I had them done and paid big bucks for them only to see them scratch from me using tools, I would not be very happy.

as far as the lift is concerned, I really was going to get a four post already but then now I am thinking about going with the two post. I really like the accessibility of the two post. I can still store a car underneath.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/17/17 at 08:15 AM.
Old 5/17/17, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by V6 Driver
Yes, the stock seats are pretty much junk. These seats are a microsuede. We will see how well they hold up in the summer months when I am sweating on them. The darker are leather wear surfaces. Even without using the harnesses these seats are a huge improvement. I realized at the track I was fighting my stock seats, so these will allow me to push the limits a bit more and enjoy my track time.

The seats were 958$ for the pair. Cloth are 160$ less. One still needs seat brackets in order to mount them. Lets just say Black Friday 2016 was very good to me and I used several codes from Late Model Restoration.

Seems like Corbeau has been around for a while so I'd bet they'll hold up at least as well as the stock seats. I'm assuming the harnesses were not part of the seat at that very reasonalbe price?

John
Old 5/17/17, 11:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

thanks John… Yes, the slippery floors, even with texture, were part of what made me think twice of doing it in the first place. I have a couple of friends that have those epoxy floors and they were actually not happy with them. One of them had them professionally installed even… If I had them done and paid big bucks for them only to see them scratch from me using tools, I would not be very happy.

as far as the lift is concerned, I really was going to get a four post already but then now I am thinking about going with the two post. I really like the accessibility of the two post. I can still store a car underneath.

Happy move in day Burton!

What makes you think you can't park a car under a 4 post lift? It's one of the hallmarks of the design. I think for a home garage it's probably the best overall option because they can be moved if need be. Their down side is working under the car is a little more challenging but that's not the end of the world for a weekend warrior! They also take up a little more space in the garage. I'd still go for a 4 post myself. As for the floor option...just to show you how torn I am over it, after 14 years in my house I still haven't made that call! Probably will go epoxy but the professionally installed 3 step is over $8 a square foot.

John
Old 5/17/17, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Seems like Corbeau has been around for a while so I'd bet they'll hold up at least as well as the stock seats. I'm assuming the harnesses were not part of the seat at that very reasonalbe price?

John
Yes, harnesses, seat brackets and shoulder padding were extra.
Old 5/17/17, 01:32 PM
I Have No Life

Happy move in day Burton!

What makes you think you can't park a car under a 4 post lift? It's one of the hallmarks of the design. I think for a home garage it's probably the best overall option because they can be moved if need be. Their down side is working under the car is a little more challenging but that's not the end of the world for a weekend warrior! They also take up a little more space in the garage. I'd still go for a 4 post myself. As for the floor option...just to show you how torn I am over it, after 14 years in my house I still haven't made that call! Probably will go epoxy but the professionally installed 3 step is over $8 a square foot.

John
oh I knew you can put a car underneath a 4 post lift... that's why I said you can "still" put one under a 2 post. Storing a car underneath is a must for me. I plan on getting another toy car sometime soon. Storage is paramount!

Epoxy-wise, yep my rates here I found some folks who could do it for 5-6 per sq foot. Not bad.
Old 5/21/17, 04:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

My latest pic, from 2 days ago.
Awesome Mustang parking spot.
Yes, I left it in a parking garage for a few hours.

Name:  20170519.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  227.2 KB
Old 5/21/17, 05:05 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

And 'X' marks the spot! Makes it easy to find.
Old 5/21/17, 05:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
And 'X' marks the spot! Makes it easy to find.
It was directly across from the door to the stairs. Super easy to find!
Old 5/21/17, 06:34 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
It was directly across from the door to the stairs. Super easy to find!
I try to park the same way. I look for an end spot, and if there's an obstruction on my driver's side I'll get as close to it as possible. I know I'll be careful opening my door. That way I leave a huge space next to my passenger side. So far, so good....not a single ding anywhere on my Mustang. Can't say the same for a few stone chips though. Badges of honor I suppose.
Old 5/21/17, 08:29 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Looks awesome Gabe!
Old 5/21/17, 12:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks Tony!
Old 5/21/17, 02:31 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,977 Likes on 1,602 Posts
My latest pic, from 2 days ago.
Awesome Mustang parking spot.
Yes, I left it in a parking garage for a few hours.

Your GT always looks so awesome Gabe

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Looks awesome Gabe!
And so does yours Tony
Old 5/21/17, 02:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Your GT always looks so awesome Gabe

And so does yours Tony
Lol thanks Rocky

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY