Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Is This The 2009-2012 Mustang - New Pic!

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/06, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to clarify. When I said bad. I didn't mean that in a good way.
Old 10/18/06, 10:50 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Hi all

First post here, although I've been lurking for a while. I like the look of the GT500 inspired front end for the '09 Mustang, but I LOVE the '12 rendering. Seems those that like it are in a minority though. I'm a big fan of the "future retro" look of the next Camaro, and I think it works just as well on the Mustang too. Classic design cues bought bang up to date. I really hope Ford go down this route, although 2012 seems a long way off. Even better, I'd like to see a full blown concept, but I guess that'll have to wait a loooooong time.

In the meantime then, I'll just have to lust after this image for now

Old 10/18/06, 11:26 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Figuring you like the Camaro, its no wonder you like the picture of the photoshoped one to look like a stang

It won't look like that... geese
Old 10/18/06, 12:18 PM
Bullitt Member

well obviously careless renderings, look at the hood, its a modded gt500 hood, look at the top of the fogs, look at the bottom line of the front, im expecting a 99 refresh style, sharper lines, sharper side scoops, possible hips*hopes* because im thinking if its got the power to back looks im going to get a challenger and comaro eater GO MUSTANG!!! lol im a ford guy, but fords deffinatly going to have to step it up a notch next gen, have a nice day folks
Old 10/19/06, 02:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Not that I don't enjoy debate and discussion...but mods -would it be possible to go ahead and start at timeline entry for 2010+ where the photos of all these concepts could be put in one place for easy viewing?
Old 10/19/06, 06:26 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,088 Likes on 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Hi all

First post here, although I've been lurking for a while. I like the look of the GT500 inspired front end for the '09 Mustang, but I LOVE the '12 rendering. Seems those that like it are in a minority though. I'm a big fan of the "future retro" look of the next Camaro, and I think it works just as well on the Mustang too. Classic design cues bought bang up to date. I really hope Ford go down this route, although 2012 seems a long way off. Even better, I'd like to see a full blown concept, but I guess that'll have to wait a loooooong time.

In the meantime then, I'll just have to lust after this image for now

The only thing that's GT500 inspired on this piece of crap ? is the hood..Other than that ? there is no resemblance to the Mustang whatsoever and thank goodness for that..I also don't mean to sound rude but, if your such a huge fan of the next Camaro ?? then perhaps you should consider buying one instead of the next Mustang ? but please don't insult our beloved Mustang by comparing it along side with the Camaro..The next gen Mustang isn't going to look anything close to the Camaro concept..
Old 10/19/06, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer
Figuring you like the Camaro, its no wonder you like the picture of the photoshoped one to look like a stang

It won't look like that... geese
I couldn't agree more..
Old 10/19/06, 08:42 PM
GT Member

Not bad but not quite a Mustang yet!

I have to agree with Brad. Not good enough!
The one on the left is too much of a departure... doesn't look like a Mustang... The nose looks like it came from Toyota's Studios. The back looks like a G35 Coupe.
The one on the right is too similar to the current model. 5 years after the 05, Ford needs to do more than a facelift.
I think Ford's direction should be very sharp and angular design but slicker than the current model. In other words, less but more pronounced detail cues. Speaking of cues, 69-70 sounds good to me

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/wp-con...rd-mustang.jpg
Old 10/23/06, 07:46 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
The only thing that's GT500 inspired on this piece of crap ? is the hood..Other than that ? there is no resemblance to the Mustang whatsoever and thank goodness for that..I also don't mean to sound rude but, if your such a huge fan of the next Camaro ?? then perhaps you should consider buying one instead of the next Mustang ? but please don't insult our beloved Mustang by comparing it along side with the Camaro..The next gen Mustang isn't going to look anything close to the Camaro concept..
Re-read my post. I said the '09 is GT500 inspired, NOT the '12.

As for the '12 model. I don't see it as an insult comparing it too the Camaro, which is a stunning looking car (although it remains to be seen what the final production model will look like). And if I prefer it too the redesigned Mustang, then yes, of course I'd buy one of those instead......that's if we're lucky enough to get both sold over here in the UK.

Seems though, that you guys (and this is a HUGE generalisation) are either Ford guys or GM....I've been on Camaro sites where they HATE the Mustang with a passion. Sure, brand loyalty is great, but I'm of the opinion that if a car's good, it doesn't matter who its made by. And I must mean that as I drive a Nissan!! Doesn't stop me loving both the Camaro AND the Mustang though.

And if the '12 looks like this, then great. If it doesn't, but still looks good, then that's great too. Either way, I'm real excited to see the next generation of Mustang. They are all, after all, legends.

But what do I know, I'm from the
Old 10/23/06, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Re-read my post. I said the '09 is GT500 inspired, NOT the '12.

As for the '12 model. I don't see it as an insult comparing it too the Camaro, which is a stunning looking car (although it remains to be seen what the final production model will look like). And if I prefer it too the redesigned Mustang, then yes, of course I'd buy one of those instead......that's if we're lucky enough to get both sold over here in the UK.

Seems though, that you guys (and this is a HUGE generalisation) are either Ford guys or GM....I've been on Camaro sites where they HATE the Mustang with a passion. Sure, brand loyalty is great, but I'm of the opinion that if a car's good, it doesn't matter who its made by. And I must mean that as I drive a Nissan!! Doesn't stop me loving both the Camaro AND the Mustang though.

And if the '12 looks like this, then great. If it doesn't, but still looks good, then that's great too. Either way, I'm real excited to see the next generation of Mustang. They are all, after all, legends.

But what do I know, I'm from the
As for where you're from ?? has nothing to do with what you know or don't know..And I also assumed you were referring to the 12 as an 09 being the 12 was the only pic you had originally posted ?? perhaps if you had been more specific ? I wouldn't have misunderstood to begin with However, that photochop of the 09 with the Shelby GT.500 front end ? isn't going to be on the actual 09 anyhow.. also when the 09 becomes available ? it's going to be released during the 2010 model year as a 10 which will also be the first re-design of the S-197 consisting of a more modern designed front and rear end along with hips being added to the quarter panels, only the current greenhouse will remain unchanged..As for comparing the next Camaro with the Mustang is concerned ?? hey you're entitled to your opinion..However, I'm quite certain that most in this forum do not share in your opinion but your right about one thing ? most of us over here are Ford guys and are very loyal to our Mustangs which is the main reason this forum is commonly referred to as ? The Mustang Source Forums
Old 10/24/06, 08:48 AM

While I certainly have a soft spot for Fords and Stangs, the bottom line is that I look very critically how good any car is in terms of conception, design, engineering, execution, materials, quality, craftsmanship and value. If the Stang, or any other car, falls short on any of these, I'll certainly not turn a blind eye or give a free pass. But if any car -- Stang, Camaro, BMW, Honda, whatever -- does an excellent job on these traits, then I will certainly give it it's due respect and consideration. If the Stang earns my respect, it is solely because it is well earned and deserved, not freely given because of name, manufacturer or country of origin.

The '09 will be but a refresh with the main hardpoint and load bearing panels remaining essentially the same -- think in terms of the '99 refresh. The '12 sounds like it will be the more extensive rework, at least on scale of the '94 (retained only basic Fox floorpan/chassis with mods) and perhaps more along the lines of the '05 (essentially clean sheet design).

As for motors and suspension, my guesses:

'09:
3.5 V6 added with around 250-275hp
4.6 bumped up to 325-350hp (375hp DOHC Boss version?)
5.4 added with about 400 (std on Bullitt, Mach I)
GT500 bumped to around 515-525hp
Contol Blade IRS possibly an option, standard on Boss and GT500 now that it's Ford's top halo car.
Brakes uprated a bit on base, GT models, Brembos on Boss, GT500.

'12:
Greater emphasis on weight control, aerodynamics to improve performance, vehicle dynamics and fuel efficiency.
V6 up to 275-300hp
"Hurricane" engines brought online
5.7, 375hp base motor
6.2, 425hp opt motor
7.0, 500+hp GT500 motor?
IRS standard on all but base and Mach I versions, optional delete on GT.
6-speed MTX standard, 6-speed DSG-type opt.
Old 10/24/06, 04:39 PM

The issue in question was somebody's idea of transforming a photochop of the Camaro concept into resembling the next Mustang and the bottom line is ??? neither the 09 or 10 Mustang is going to look anything like the 09 Camaro..That's the point I was attempting to get across..
Old 10/25/06, 07:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 10/31/06, 02:36 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Topnotch

Where'd that come from...?

I do like this however >>

Old 10/31/06, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Is it my imagination, or does this look like a 63-67 stingray chop ?

Originally Posted by Topnotch
Old 11/1/06, 08:33 PM

Now that you bring it up ?? the chop actually does resemble the body of a 63-67 Stingray..
Old 11/4/06, 07:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby

Where'd that come from...?

I do like this however >>

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...1&d=1162245790
That Photoshop is top notch. Who knows what the next one will look like but I would not mind this one!
Old 12/15/06, 07:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Is This The 2009-2012 Mustang - New Pic!-mustang.jpg