2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

18 Hours In: A Review, Some Questions, Some Surprises, and Some Petty Gripes

Search this Thread

Old 4/8/14, 07:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was a service bulletin out a few years ago for a Subaru I had where they were getting a lot of chips on the leading edges of the rear doors, and the bulletin cited incorrect front door alignment. The fix was to adjust the door so the trailing edge was no more than 1mm "out" from the leading edge of the rear door. I never had the problem so I never had it done, but have noted a number of recent Subaru's I've seen have had this sort of alignment of the doors.
Old 4/8/14, 07:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Based on some of the complaints you have and you feel are worth complaining about makes me think you have picked the wrong car.
Old 4/8/14, 07:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Based on some of the complaints you have and you feel are worth complaining about makes me think you have picked the wrong car.
No, I love the hell out of the car. Don't get your panties in a bunch for a few nitpicks here and there.
Old 4/8/14, 08:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by puma1552
No, I love the hell out of the car. Don't get your panties in a bunch for a few nitpicks here and there.
Panties arent bunched brah, youre just new to mustangs.
Old 4/8/14, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Panties arent bunched brah, youre just new to mustangs.
If only that were true, nice try broseph. Ain't my first Mustang, nor my last.
Old 4/9/14, 12:58 AM
Cobra Member

If only that were true, nice try broseph. Ain't my first Mustang, nor my last.
Name:  F2FhQm5.gif
Views: 13
Size:  1.80 MB
Old 4/9/14, 05:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I sorta had some similar thoughts to xtc.inc that maybe a Mustang wasn't quite the right car for you...I've had several people ask me, "A Mustang? Why a Mustang?" I just like it. That's why I got one. I felt good in it. Right from start up it felt like a car that talked to me, involved me in the drive. Panel gaps may not be perfect, some of the plastics might not be the greatest. Whatever, it felt good to be behind the wheel and rowing gears. It looks badass. Yes, I'll detail it and probably find little niggles that bother me. But then I'll finish, step back and look and think, "That's badass," and go for a drive, and they won't bother me again. I'm not the kinda guy that sees every little defect every time I walk past my cars. I know they're there and I spot em initially. If it's an actual problem I'll get it corrected, but other than that, they're character marks.

As for the trunk trimmings....dude, you put your groceries in there. Maybe some potted plants from Home Depot. If you and your buddies are hangin' around the car, drinkin' beer with the trunk up...I gotta say, you're at the wrong end of the car.
Old 4/9/14, 12:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I have an automatic V6, and after 3000 km on it, I'm getting the equivalent of 14.6 mpg (15.9 l/100km). The majority of the mileage is in the city, and (I'm proud to say)mostly it's the way I've been driving. :-)

So, compared to that, your V8 is getting awesome mileage!
Old 4/10/14, 01:30 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
So, I officially left the dealership about 18 hours ago and currently have 150 miles on the new Brembo GT Premium. Note I now have a GT500 axle back exhaust installed as of this morning. I should also note that believe it or not, I had never driven an S197 until I left the dealership last night with my very own.

So, I have a little review, some questions, some surprises, and some petty gripes (most of which I knew about when I bought the car). So here it is ...
Originally Posted by 13GetThere
I also would like to see a power recline driver's seat. I will not try to adjust the seat back manually while the car is moving. However, my Subaru has a power seat back and it comes in handy since I can adjust my seat back to match driving conditions and driver fatigue. Ease the seat back up for driving in heavy traffic for better visibility. Ease it back for hi-way driving and comfort, and when my back gets fatigued a little up or back recline makes a big difference.
I understand why Ford didn't use a power recline in a 2 door car. It would be a PITA trying to get someone in the back seat. But other than kids (and I don't have any), who rides in the back seat of a Mustang?
Thank you for the write up and congrats on your vehicle again, puma1552! You guys are more than welcome to provide you input at Ford Social.

Deysha
Old 4/11/14, 08:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Swung by the dealership body shop to ask about adjusting the passenger door to make it flush, a quick 5-10 minute adjustment of the striker and the door is flush like it should be. Glad I stopped by.
Old 4/14/14, 11:33 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Swung by the dealership body shop to ask about adjusting the passenger door to make it flush, a quick 5-10 minute adjustment of the striker and the door is flush like it should be. Glad I stopped by.
Great! Thank you for the update, puma1552!

Deysha
Old 4/14/14, 03:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Question: is there a difference between Line-in and USB? When I plug my iPod into the USB port, it recognizes it as a USB connection, but when I plug my iPhone in via the USB port, it recognizes it as a Line-in connection and if I want to listen to music from the phone I have to specify the USB input source.
Old 4/14/14, 06:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Question: is there a difference between Line-in and USB? When I plug my iPod into the USB port, it recognizes it as a USB connection, but when I plug my iPhone in via the USB port, it recognizes it as a Line-in connection and if I want to listen to music from the phone I have to specify the USB input source.
More important question: Does the stereo not play music over bluetooth? Why bother with a cord?
Old 4/14/14, 07:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
More important question: Does the stereo not play music over bluetooth? Why bother with a cord?
Actually having a dedicated iPod classic specifically for the car that lives in it permanently, I actually have no use even for Bluetooth audio.

My phone just happened to die while I was out so I plugged it into the USB port to charge it while driving, and was just curious about playing music through it.
Old 4/14/14, 07:29 PM
Cobra Member

Did you know about the top secret super cool extra USB port on the back side of the Sync module up behind the glove box? Great spot for a thumb drive or iPod, so you can leave your phone charger in your console USB port.
Old 4/14/14, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by ace72ace
Did you know about the top secret super cool extra USB port on the back side of the Sync module up behind the glove box? Great spot for a thumb drive or iPod, so you can leave your phone charger in your console USB port.
I had no idea...
Old 4/14/14, 08:17 PM

I don't think they just "eyeball" the panel gaps. It's 2014. Watch this mustang assembly video.
Old 4/14/14, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by tank5879
I don't think they just "eyeball" the panel gaps. It's 2014. Watch this mustang assembly video. Video Link: http://youtu.be/5HCbYNOP4mc
Great find! Thanks for sharing!
Old 4/15/14, 10:55 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi puma1552,

This link gives you a good description of each source: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...-by-voice-sync

As you can see, USB voice commands should be used when the device is connected via the USB port. Line In voice commands should be used when your device is connected to the auxiliary jack.

Kim
Old 4/23/14, 12:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Does anyone know the stock xenon color temperature? I figure it's probably either 4300k or 6000k, probably 4300K given how the LED foglights are so blue they make the HIDs look like projector halogens, lol.

Also I just realized last night you can't seek/scrub forward and back within a song with the steering wheel forward/back buttons, you have to use the seek buttons on the center stack...kind of odd.

Quick Reply: 18 Hours In: A Review, Some Questions, Some Surprises, and Some Petty Gripes