Vista Blue Vista Blue 2006+ Mustangs

Why did you choose vista blue?

Old 12/31/07, 05:37 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why did you choose vista blue?

Please write here what's your reason for this color? Did you have other colors in mind too?

Here is my reason:

In the garage: dark

On a clouded day: deep blue

On a sunny day:almost light blue

This excellent color is a chameleon!
Old 12/31/07, 05:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had been dead-set on Windveil Blue. I had only seen Sonics out there and for me Windveil was the winner. My Dad and I went to a dealer to test drive and our jaws dropped when we saw the Vista Blue, but I was steadfast Windveil it was(still thinking how great the Vista looked).

A couple of days later my Sister and I went out to dinner and I was explaining the test drive, on the way to the restaurant. When we got to color she said, "Why are you getting Mini-Van Blue" in the middle of trying to explain how cool Windveil was and it wasn't like she said it was, a Honda Sienna or something pulled up and it was pretty close to Windveil. She pointed and said "like that".

Called the dealer the next day and made it Vista Blue. Now that I have it I could not have picked a more perfect color. I love everything about it, it is "me". To which all of my family and I agrees with.
Old 12/31/07, 05:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wanted a 2005, figured I'd wait it out. When the books came out and had this VB, I called my salesman and said do it! It was one of the first VB in Kansas City. I see way more V6 than GT's and that is alright with me!

Old 12/31/07, 10:53 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Originally ordered Silver Metallic and changed to Vista Blue when I saw the first pix of the 08 SGT.
Old 1/1/08, 12:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here was my color breakdown:
Lime Green, Yellow, Light Blue, Orange, Silver and White are all too light and whimpy colors for my taste.
Lime Green = Kermit the Frog, lime popsicle?
Yellow = Big Bird, banana popsicle?
Light Blue = Smurfs, Honda minivans.
Orange = Pumpkin, citrus fruit, general lee.
Silver = Grey hair from senior citizens, boring color.
White = No color, governmental vehicles.

That left me with Red, Blue or Black.
The early Reds looked cheap to me.
Black is NOT metallic.
So the choice was easy, Vista Blue.
The color is DEEP, and Metallic, and even changes color due to ambient light.
Old 1/1/08, 05:22 AM
GT Member

habu, that is a nice story!

Originally ordered Silver Metallic and changed to Vista Blue when I saw the first pix of the 08 SGT.
Alright, that is really a great reason. I was about to order a Shelby GT too but when I saw it in reality on the dealership there was not enough bang for the bucks in this car. I'm lucky with my GT.

I was also thinking about grabber, when it came out. But grabber orange is a way to toylike, its nice, but not cool.

I wanted a 2005, figured I'd wait it out. When the books came out and had this VB, I called my salesman and said do it! It was one of the first VB in Kansas City. I see way more V6 than GT's and that is alright with me!
Almost all 05+ Stangs in Switzerland are GTs or Shelby, plus one Saleen and one Parnelli Jones. Nearly 70% are black, I am aware of only four vista blue Stangs here. Only one vert.

Here is another silly reason:
Old 1/4/08, 02:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

The 1st reason I picked Vista Blue was because blue IS my favorite color. And not just any blue, but a nice medium royal blue is my favorite. My Columbia jacket is royal blue, I have several royal blue hats, the list goes on. I love blue! When I was getting ready to order my car, Sonic Blue was getting dropped and on the computers here at work, the new blue was called Vista. When it was announced, we didn't get any of the new color charts yet, so I had no clue what it looked like in person. So, a week or so later (this is mid August 2005 when I ordered mine), I took a drive after work on a Saturday to one of the other Ford dealers. They had one in stock (just got it in stock as the 2006s hit lots around mid August back then). With the clouds rolling in and out, it was hard to see the true color, but it did see it shift to different hues and it does look great. I was sold!

The second reason I chose Vista Blue, was for the "theme" of my car, which is a Shelby Tribute. To me, true Shelby colors are blue/white (I know some will say white/blue, but those colors are official USA racing colors back in the day). Plus, the comments and compliments I get from everyone on the color is amazing. They all say, "nothing like a Blue Mustang. The color is amazing. One side of the hood looks bright blue, while the other side is dark blue depending on which way the sun it hitting it. An amazing color, especially once freshly washed and waxed!! The pic below is in direct sunlight. The color is a bright royal blue. Very very cool that it changes so much.
Attached Thumbnails Why did you choose vista blue?-mygt2.jpg  
Old 1/5/08, 07:14 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Always liked blue 'Stangs, first one to get my foot shaking was a blue 71 Mach 1. Saw the VB and knew that was THE color for me. Just to second previous comments, love the way the tone of the shade changes depending on the lighting. Like the old saying goes, nothing makes you feel better than a little touch of the blues...
Old 1/5/08, 07:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bluesilentpro
habu, that is a nice story!

Alright, that is really a great reason. I was about to order a Shelby GT too but when I saw it in reality on the dealership there was not enough bang for the bucks in this car. I'm lucky with my GT.

I was also thinking about grabber, when it came out. But grabber orange is a way to toylike, its nice, but not cool.

Almost all 05+ Stangs in Switzerland are GTs or Shelby, plus one Saleen and one Parnelli Jones. Nearly 70% are black, I am aware of only four vista blue Stangs here. Only one vert.

Here is another silly reason:

Ok can I see the rest of body that goes with those fingernails
Old 1/5/08, 07:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Vista Blue is the best looking color.............

And also the fastest!
Old 1/5/08, 07:34 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Most of my primary vehicles have been blue. It must be my favorite color.
Vista blue is as close to the metallic dark blue of my last car and I didn't want to change.
Attachment 37692
Attached Images  
Old 1/6/08, 11:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
As with others, Blue has always been my favorite color, and I've always admired deep metallic blue paint jobs, especially with light contrasting highlights or black accents. When I was thinking about ordering a mustang, there were really only three colors I considered at all for me: a dark blue, black or highland green.

Since the Bullitts were all that was offered in highland green (and honestly, I would have wanted to make it look like a 67 GT500, not a bullitt, if I had gotten one) and I didn't like the dash, so I didn't get one.

Most of the black S197's in black I've seen up close looked like they drove through a Brill-O pad, black shows every possible imperfection.

Thus, with really very little hesitation, I went with Vista Blue. And not to be a copy cat, but I love it with 2 wide white shelby stripes. So that's probably coming in the future.

It's just an awesome color, not for showing off neat body additions (I think Grabber is the best color for showcasing all the cool louvers and things you did to the body), but for looking like a great total color. A color for making you admire the car itself, not the individual details. And that makes me love it more, because I like my cars pure and simple and uncluttered. That's just me.

I just got my car 5 days ago, and I LOVE IT. Couldn't be happier...well I could if I had about 10grand to start modding it right now

But that just gives me lots more years to enjoy making it nicer and nicer!

Congrats you all on a great choice, and for providing me with some incredible examples of what I could do with my own. Habu's is one of the first I really noticed on the site, but I've been picking up all sorts of things from the other VB's here. Still trying to decide if a GT500 front fascia conversion would look good on a VB or if it would sort of get lost in the dark colors.

Cheers!
Old 1/7/08, 06:49 PM
V6 Member

Because it is the BEST color out there! But then, I might be somewhat biased...

Old 1/7/08, 08:57 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

For the last 12 years, blue has just run in the family.
Attached Thumbnails Why did you choose vista blue?-dsc02032.jpg  
Old 1/15/08, 02:17 PM
GT Member

I picked vista blue because black is hard to keep clean, red looks to girly, and everyone else has silver.
Old 1/16/08, 06:14 PM
Bullitt Member

I have a '65 Caspian Blue Convertible so I REALLY wanted a Vista Blue as it is the closet in color
Old 1/21/08, 07:49 AM
V6 Member

Bought Vista because that was the compromise with my wife. She let me get a Mustang but it had to be a color she liked! Now I like it so much I'm thinking of picking up a new blue BMW K1200 GT to park next to it......!!!!
Old 1/21/08, 07:07 PM
GT Member

Originally saw windveil but once I saw Vista I was sold. It is close enough to sapphire....which is my birthstone.
Old 1/23/08, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

For me it was all about the Redfire at first. Then I saw the Vista Blue and did a double take. Then I remember my dad saying he was going to blue a white with blue stripes '67 GT500. I knew seeing the original Mustangs, that a metallic blue was by far and away the best color, especially with white stripes. So here I am. Had the stripes on the car within 5 days.
Old 1/24/08, 05:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Interesting question. It was an easy choice for me but difficult to say why. When I saw it I just knew. I play acoustic guitar, and when you play diferent ones in a store there's usually one that just jumps out and sings to you, that's the way it was when I saw a VB stang. There just wasn't any doubt. Probably my least favorite color on these cars is windveil blue, I could easily live with any of the others, but I've never had even a shadow of regret buying the VB!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why did you choose vista blue?