The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Vista Blue (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f718/)
-   -   Vista Blue Pictures (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f718/vista-blue-pictures-409124/)

Xader Vartec 5/18/05 09:10 PM

Originally posted by mystic cobra@May 18, 2005, 9:11 PM
I think I like vista blue better but its close.

I know I'm probably the lone voice but I think the Sonic Blue is better. Why? It's not the color shift. I would prefer no color shift.

It's the metalic. I prefer a plainer blue with little to no metallic. But Vista seems to have more Metallic. This reminds me too much of the blues of the late 80s that had a lot of metallic.

To each his own.

EDIT: BTW....THANK GOD it's not lighter than Windveil Blue (and I was wrong)

JZInternet 5/18/05 11:12 PM

I guess I am different than most. I think I like sonic better. Although that wouldn't be my first choice (or even second) I still like that purplish blue that sonic has.

I'll need to see this one in person first before I could say for sure.

tom_vilsack 5/19/05 12:59 AM

Cant see the difference? :scratch: Pic #1 sure seems too show the difference to me. Looks very close too "Atlantic Blue" which is one killer color! Where do i sign for my 06 :-)

pic on atlantic blue car ontop on vistablue color sample...

AFBLUE 5/19/05 03:28 AM

Finally, a no kidding picture of Vista Blue. Thanks for posting.

I like it. It's almost like Ford reads this web site. I've seen lots of comments about Sonic Blue, both positive and negative. Those that don't like it, almost always point to the purple hue. So Ford made a Sonic blue without the purple hue and called it Vista Blue (yes I know that is an oversimplification and the metallac flakes are different)

bpmurr 5/19/05 05:07 AM

I thought at first that Vista Blue looked like Winning Blue on the RX-8. After looking at the sample again at my dealer I would say its closer to Daytona Blue but with more of a sparkel. When looking at Sonic and Vista indoors you can see the difference. Sonic actually has a purple hue.

Vallee 5/19/05 07:01 AM

Originally posted by Xader Vartec@May 18, 2005, 11:13 PM
I know I'm probably the lone voice but I think the Sonic Blue is better. Why? It's not the color shift. I would prefer no color shift.

It's the metalic. I prefer a plainer blue with little to no metallic. But Vista seems to have more Metallic. This reminds me too much of the blues of the late 80s that had a lot of metallic.

To each his own.

:nice: I am with you man, I ordered an 05 Sonic Blur GT and i like the color much better... Dont like the matallic :notnice:

Hope i may the 05 build... If i dont i am canceling and waiting.

Pray for me to make the 05 build :worship:

holderca1 5/19/05 07:02 AM

I like the Sonic better and mostly because of the color shift.

mmoonshot 5/19/05 07:06 AM

I definitally like the Sonic better, a little disapointed that the two are so similar...oh well... :bang: :bang:

adrenalin 5/19/05 08:02 AM

Glad they are changing it. I like my sonic blue better and this makes our cars even more rare :nice:

dekujala 5/19/05 08:34 AM

I am up in the air about which I like better, will have to see it on an actual car. As of now I like sonic better.
Kinda was hoping it wouldn't be so close though, since it is my Sonic Blue wont stand out as much as if it were lighter for 06.

KansasCityTim 5/19/05 09:08 AM

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@May 19, 2005, 1:02 AM
Cant see the difference? :scratch: Pic #1 sure seems too show the difference to me. Looks very close too "Atlantic Blue" which is one killer color! Where do i sign for my 06 :-)

pic on atlantic blue car ontop on vistablue color sample...

I agree. I think it looks a heck of a lot like the Atlantic Blue on my '98 GT.

jayguy 5/19/05 10:09 AM

I love my Sonic Blue, especially in the sun. I would love to see my car parked next to a Vista Blue, just to compare the two. Now that I've seen what Vista Blue really looks like in comparison, I think I'd be happy with either. But this way, I have a one-year-only option! :)

John H 5/19/05 10:20 AM

I really liked the Bright Atlantic Blue on my '00 GT so I'll probably like the Vista better. I guess we'll see.

redstang 5/19/05 12:03 PM

I like the sonic blue :-D

05mach1 5/19/05 12:12 PM

It looks like 94-95 bright blue paint on the Mustangs :nice:

1999 Black 35th GT 5/19/05 12:35 PM

I really like the larger flakes in the Vista blue. Makes it seem to shine more! :nice:

acadian 5/19/05 01:07 PM

Originally posted by Xader Vartec@May 18, 2005, 10:13 PM

To each his own.

I agree. I like the Sonic better. Too much flake going on in the Vista Blue. Plus, "Sonic" just sounds better on a Mustang than "Vista". :jester:

tom_vilsack 5/19/05 02:30 PM

Originally posted by acadian@May 19, 2005, 1:10 PM
Plus, "Sonic" just sounds better on a Mustang than "Vista". :jester:

vista sounds better to me..more like a classic color...and i cant help it,but sonic reminds me too much of (see pic) lol

holderca1 5/19/05 02:48 PM

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@May 19, 2005, 2:33 PM
vista sounds better to me..more like a classic color...and i cant help it,but sonic reminds me too much of (see pic) lol

Yeah, but he is pretty fast.

Adrenal 5/19/05 04:18 PM

I think the Vista Blue with more metallic is very nice. :D