The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Vista Blue (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f718/)
-   -   Vista Blue Pictures (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f718/vista-blue-pictures-409124/)

red454 5/18/05 03:16 PM

I stopped by my dealer today and he was just opening a package of new paint sample sheets.

The Vista Blue and Sonic Blue are very close. The Vista is a nice metallic blue (much darker than Windveil Blue), without the Pearl or purply hue that make the Sonic Blue seem to 'glow'.

The difference is more noticable in the shade...

[attachmentid=21516]

[attachmentid=21517]

red454 5/18/05 03:19 PM

I accidentally posted under the wrong topic -

(See pics above)

1 COBRA 5/18/05 03:27 PM

Very nice! That seals it for my wife. The Vista Blue looks very similar to the 350Z's Daytona Blue. Thanks for posting. :nice:

red454 5/18/05 03:30 PM

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@May 18, 2005, 3:30 PM
Very nice! That seals it for my wife. The Vista Blue looks very similar to the 350Z's Daytona Blue. Thanks for posting. :nice:

I think it is close, but that is just my opinion. Stop by a dealer and see for yourself. Make sure you look at the two colors inside and in the sun...

Lalo 5/18/05 03:33 PM

Thanks Chris!
that color is going to look awesome on the Mustang!

jayguy 5/18/05 03:40 PM

In the first picture it looks like the flakes are larger than on Sonic Blue. But they do look very close.

StangFreak 5/18/05 03:43 PM

Anyone seen Tungsten Silver??? How does it compare to Satin Silver and Mineral Grey??? Please post pics if possible!!!

KansasCityTim 5/18/05 03:48 PM

Originally posted by red454@May 18, 2005, 3:19 PM
I stopped by my dealer today and he was just opening a package of new paint sample sheets.

The Vista Blue and Sonic Blue are very close. The Vista is a nice metallic blue (much darker than Windveil Blue), without the Pearl or purply hue that make the Sonic Blue seem to 'glow'.

I think it looks real close to the atlantic blue on my '98.

WERKED 66 5/18/05 03:57 PM

looks like alot less flakes on sonic.. but same base color

red454 5/18/05 04:05 PM

I saw the Tungsten - but did not get a pic. It is rather metallic in nature, and it is certainly darker than the Satin Silver, but lighter than the Mineral Grey if that helps any.

Vallee 5/18/05 04:46 PM

Originally posted by red454@May 18, 2005, 5:19 PM

Hi, could you please post Vesta blue pics Ppplease :worship: . That link you set up dose not work for me :scratch: .
See, I ordered a 05 Sonic Blue Gt, a few months ago. If i get pushed to a 06 and have to change color, I may cancel my order :crying: . Just wanted to see Vesta. Guess I could take a trip to the dealer :bang: ...

thanks....

Galaxie 5/18/05 04:48 PM

I messed up the link :(

I'll try and fix what I broke... sorry

red454 5/18/05 04:52 PM

Originally posted by Galaxie@May 18, 2005, 4:51 PM
I messed up the link :(

I'll try and fix what I broke... sorry

No need - I reposted the pics in the first post...

Galaxie 5/18/05 04:59 PM

I think vista blue is spectacular, I wish I had the patience to wait for the color.

This color will appeal to those who don't like the color shift in the sonic. The flakes look visibly bigger, and will light up the car very nicely.

It looks as if the '06 Color pallete is an improvement over the '05

Now where is DHG?

CA Stang 5/18/05 05:32 PM

From these paint samples, I don't see much of a difference between Sonic Blue and Vista Blue, other than Vista Blue having a bit more of a metallic look.

Lalo 5/18/05 05:34 PM

Originally posted by Galaxie@May 18, 2005, 4:02 PM
It looks as if the '06 Color pallete is an improvement over the '05

It sure is an improvement :nice:
I hope they keep adding more spectacular colors every year. DHG like you said would be awesome, and if a Boss variant is released, I hope the grabbers come with it

red454 5/18/05 07:32 PM

Originally posted by CA Stang@May 18, 2005, 5:35 PM
From these paint samples, I don't see much of a difference between Sonic Blue and Vista Blue, other than Vista Blue having a bit more of a metallic look.

It is really hard to tell from the pics - in the sun, there is a slight difference and when I was inside the dealership you could really see how the 'pearl' in the Sonic is obvious. The shades of blue between the two are rather close.

The Vista Blue appeared 'blue' from any angle. The Sonic takes on its characteristic purply hue when viewed from an angle. That is what I noticed.

I know some people don't like Sonic because of the color change, but this Vista Blue should satisfy anyone who wants a nice deep blue without the Sonic 'glow'...

And I am not sure why, but the metal flake in the Vista did seem a little more coarse than the Sonic - at least in these samples.

Zc527 5/18/05 07:58 PM

they look exactly the same to me..I think they only need 1 blue & 1 red, and they need to offer highland green

StangFreak 5/18/05 08:03 PM

Originally posted by red454@May 18, 2005, 6:08 PM
I saw the Tungsten - but did not get a pic. It is rather metallic in nature, and it is certainly darker than the Satin Silver, but lighter than the Mineral Grey if that helps any.

Thanks!!! I'll have to take a trip back to my dealer and see if he has any color panels.

mystic cobra 5/18/05 08:08 PM

I think I like vista blue better but its close.