The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Vista Blue (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f718/)
-   -   Vista Blue Pictures (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f718/vista-blue-pictures-409124/)

red454 5/18/05 03:16 PM

I stopped by my dealer today and he was just opening a package of new paint sample sheets.

The Vista Blue and Sonic Blue are very close. The Vista is a nice metallic blue (much darker than Windveil Blue), without the Pearl or purply hue that make the Sonic Blue seem to 'glow'.

The difference is more noticable in the shade...

[attachmentid=21516]

[attachmentid=21517]

red454 5/18/05 03:19 PM

I accidentally posted under the wrong topic -

(See pics above)

1 COBRA 5/18/05 03:27 PM

Very nice! That seals it for my wife. The Vista Blue looks very similar to the 350Z's Daytona Blue. Thanks for posting. :nice:

red454 5/18/05 03:30 PM

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@May 18, 2005, 3:30 PM
Very nice! That seals it for my wife. The Vista Blue looks very similar to the 350Z's Daytona Blue. Thanks for posting. :nice:

I think it is close, but that is just my opinion. Stop by a dealer and see for yourself. Make sure you look at the two colors inside and in the sun...

Lalo 5/18/05 03:33 PM

Thanks Chris!
that color is going to look awesome on the Mustang!

jayguy 5/18/05 03:40 PM

In the first picture it looks like the flakes are larger than on Sonic Blue. But they do look very close.

StangFreak 5/18/05 03:43 PM

Anyone seen Tungsten Silver??? How does it compare to Satin Silver and Mineral Grey??? Please post pics if possible!!!

KansasCityTim 5/18/05 03:48 PM

Originally posted by red454@May 18, 2005, 3:19 PM
I stopped by my dealer today and he was just opening a package of new paint sample sheets.

The Vista Blue and Sonic Blue are very close. The Vista is a nice metallic blue (much darker than Windveil Blue), without the Pearl or purply hue that make the Sonic Blue seem to 'glow'.

I think it looks real close to the atlantic blue on my '98.

WERKED 66 5/18/05 03:57 PM

looks like alot less flakes on sonic.. but same base color

red454 5/18/05 04:05 PM

I saw the Tungsten - but did not get a pic. It is rather metallic in nature, and it is certainly darker than the Satin Silver, but lighter than the Mineral Grey if that helps any.

Vallee 5/18/05 04:46 PM

Originally posted by red454@May 18, 2005, 5:19 PM

Hi, could you please post Vesta blue pics Ppplease :worship: . That link you set up dose not work for me :scratch: .
See, I ordered a 05 Sonic Blue Gt, a few months ago. If i get pushed to a 06 and have to change color, I may cancel my order :crying: . Just wanted to see Vesta. Guess I could take a trip to the dealer :bang: ...

thanks....

Galaxie 5/18/05 04:48 PM

I messed up the link :(

I'll try and fix what I broke... sorry

red454 5/18/05 04:52 PM

Originally posted by Galaxie@May 18, 2005, 4:51 PM
I messed up the link :(

I'll try and fix what I broke... sorry

No need - I reposted the pics in the first post...

Galaxie 5/18/05 04:59 PM

I think vista blue is spectacular, I wish I had the patience to wait for the color.

This color will appeal to those who don't like the color shift in the sonic. The flakes look visibly bigger, and will light up the car very nicely.

It looks as if the '06 Color pallete is an improvement over the '05

Now where is DHG?

CA Stang 5/18/05 05:32 PM

From these paint samples, I don't see much of a difference between Sonic Blue and Vista Blue, other than Vista Blue having a bit more of a metallic look.

Lalo 5/18/05 05:34 PM

Originally posted by Galaxie@May 18, 2005, 4:02 PM
It looks as if the '06 Color pallete is an improvement over the '05

It sure is an improvement :nice:
I hope they keep adding more spectacular colors every year. DHG like you said would be awesome, and if a Boss variant is released, I hope the grabbers come with it

red454 5/18/05 07:32 PM

Originally posted by CA Stang@May 18, 2005, 5:35 PM
From these paint samples, I don't see much of a difference between Sonic Blue and Vista Blue, other than Vista Blue having a bit more of a metallic look.

It is really hard to tell from the pics - in the sun, there is a slight difference and when I was inside the dealership you could really see how the 'pearl' in the Sonic is obvious. The shades of blue between the two are rather close.

The Vista Blue appeared 'blue' from any angle. The Sonic takes on its characteristic purply hue when viewed from an angle. That is what I noticed.

I know some people don't like Sonic because of the color change, but this Vista Blue should satisfy anyone who wants a nice deep blue without the Sonic 'glow'...

And I am not sure why, but the metal flake in the Vista did seem a little more coarse than the Sonic - at least in these samples.

Zc527 5/18/05 07:58 PM

they look exactly the same to me..I think they only need 1 blue & 1 red, and they need to offer highland green

StangFreak 5/18/05 08:03 PM

Originally posted by red454@May 18, 2005, 6:08 PM
I saw the Tungsten - but did not get a pic. It is rather metallic in nature, and it is certainly darker than the Satin Silver, but lighter than the Mineral Grey if that helps any.

Thanks!!! I'll have to take a trip back to my dealer and see if he has any color panels.

mystic cobra 5/18/05 08:08 PM

I think I like vista blue better but its close.

Xader Vartec 5/18/05 09:10 PM

Originally posted by mystic cobra@May 18, 2005, 9:11 PM
I think I like vista blue better but its close.

I know I'm probably the lone voice but I think the Sonic Blue is better. Why? It's not the color shift. I would prefer no color shift.

It's the metalic. I prefer a plainer blue with little to no metallic. But Vista seems to have more Metallic. This reminds me too much of the blues of the late 80s that had a lot of metallic.

To each his own.

EDIT: BTW....THANK GOD it's not lighter than Windveil Blue (and I was wrong)

JZInternet 5/18/05 11:12 PM

I guess I am different than most. I think I like sonic better. Although that wouldn't be my first choice (or even second) I still like that purplish blue that sonic has.

I'll need to see this one in person first before I could say for sure.

tom_vilsack 5/19/05 12:59 AM

Cant see the difference? :scratch: Pic #1 sure seems too show the difference to me. Looks very close too "Atlantic Blue" which is one killer color! Where do i sign for my 06 :-)

pic on atlantic blue car ontop on vistablue color sample...

AFBLUE 5/19/05 03:28 AM

Finally, a no kidding picture of Vista Blue. Thanks for posting.

I like it. It's almost like Ford reads this web site. I've seen lots of comments about Sonic Blue, both positive and negative. Those that don't like it, almost always point to the purple hue. So Ford made a Sonic blue without the purple hue and called it Vista Blue (yes I know that is an oversimplification and the metallac flakes are different)

bpmurr 5/19/05 05:07 AM

I thought at first that Vista Blue looked like Winning Blue on the RX-8. After looking at the sample again at my dealer I would say its closer to Daytona Blue but with more of a sparkel. When looking at Sonic and Vista indoors you can see the difference. Sonic actually has a purple hue.

Vallee 5/19/05 07:01 AM

Originally posted by Xader Vartec@May 18, 2005, 11:13 PM
I know I'm probably the lone voice but I think the Sonic Blue is better. Why? It's not the color shift. I would prefer no color shift.

It's the metalic. I prefer a plainer blue with little to no metallic. But Vista seems to have more Metallic. This reminds me too much of the blues of the late 80s that had a lot of metallic.

To each his own.

:nice: I am with you man, I ordered an 05 Sonic Blur GT and i like the color much better... Dont like the matallic :notnice:

Hope i may the 05 build... If i dont i am canceling and waiting.

Pray for me to make the 05 build :worship:

holderca1 5/19/05 07:02 AM

I like the Sonic better and mostly because of the color shift.

mmoonshot 5/19/05 07:06 AM

I definitally like the Sonic better, a little disapointed that the two are so similar...oh well... :bang: :bang:

adrenalin 5/19/05 08:02 AM

Glad they are changing it. I like my sonic blue better and this makes our cars even more rare :nice:

dekujala 5/19/05 08:34 AM

I am up in the air about which I like better, will have to see it on an actual car. As of now I like sonic better.
Kinda was hoping it wouldn't be so close though, since it is my Sonic Blue wont stand out as much as if it were lighter for 06.

KansasCityTim 5/19/05 09:08 AM

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@May 19, 2005, 1:02 AM
Cant see the difference? :scratch: Pic #1 sure seems too show the difference to me. Looks very close too "Atlantic Blue" which is one killer color! Where do i sign for my 06 :-)

pic on atlantic blue car ontop on vistablue color sample...

I agree. I think it looks a heck of a lot like the Atlantic Blue on my '98 GT.

jayguy 5/19/05 10:09 AM

I love my Sonic Blue, especially in the sun. I would love to see my car parked next to a Vista Blue, just to compare the two. Now that I've seen what Vista Blue really looks like in comparison, I think I'd be happy with either. But this way, I have a one-year-only option! :)

John H 5/19/05 10:20 AM

I really liked the Bright Atlantic Blue on my '00 GT so I'll probably like the Vista better. I guess we'll see.

redstang 5/19/05 12:03 PM

I like the sonic blue :-D

05mach1 5/19/05 12:12 PM

It looks like 94-95 bright blue paint on the Mustangs :nice:

1999 Black 35th GT 5/19/05 12:35 PM

I really like the larger flakes in the Vista blue. Makes it seem to shine more! :nice:

acadian 5/19/05 01:07 PM

Originally posted by Xader Vartec@May 18, 2005, 10:13 PM

To each his own.

I agree. I like the Sonic better. Too much flake going on in the Vista Blue. Plus, "Sonic" just sounds better on a Mustang than "Vista". :jester:

tom_vilsack 5/19/05 02:30 PM

Originally posted by acadian@May 19, 2005, 1:10 PM
Plus, "Sonic" just sounds better on a Mustang than "Vista". :jester:

vista sounds better to me..more like a classic color...and i cant help it,but sonic reminds me too much of (see pic) lol

holderca1 5/19/05 02:48 PM

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@May 19, 2005, 2:33 PM
vista sounds better to me..more like a classic color...and i cant help it,but sonic reminds me too much of (see pic) lol

Yeah, but he is pretty fast.

Adrenal 5/19/05 04:18 PM

I think the Vista Blue with more metallic is very nice. :D

CelticNut 5/19/05 05:04 PM

I agree with John. The Vista Blue reminds me a lot of my Bright Atlantic Blue 2000 Ford ZX2.

I think it's a great color! :nice:

Only thing is, my past 3 cars have been blue. That's one of the reasons why I went with the LEGEND LIME GREEN! :D

bpmurr 5/19/05 07:46 PM

The vista blue sheet is almost spot on with this Accord indoors. This picture is a tad misleading because the car is a little brighter in the sun.

[attachmentid=21637]

I'll try to get a pic of the Vista blue sheet and this Accord next to each other.

bigfoot1141 5/19/05 08:12 PM

I love my Sonic Blue and like the fact that it changes in the different light put on it. The Vista does look like a cheap paint from a late 80's Camaro. I remember back in the 80's when having a paint change color like the Sonic it was big money for that option. My old 97 Ranger in Caymon Green used to change the same purple color under street lights. I think they should change the colors every year or two, it'll make each car unique and satisfy many different tastes.

red454 5/20/05 01:37 PM

I would like to see Ford bring back Gulfstream Aqua...

:drool:

Sentinel 5/21/05 10:02 PM

Red454--thanks much for the pics! I'd been waiting to see how the new Vista stacked up against Sonic Blue (my original color choice). Since I've been stuck here in Iraq the past 9 months, I missed the opportunity to order the new Mustang until recently. I didn't make the window for '05, and wasn't sure what color I'd end up going with for with the '06. Long story short, my wife took a trip to our local dealer, saw the color samples (after I told her they were out), and finalized our order for a Vista Blue '06 GT. :)

red454 5/22/05 08:19 AM

Originally posted by Sentinel@May 21, 2005, 10:05 PM
Red454--thanks much for the pics! I'd been waiting to see how the new Vista stacked up against Sonic Blue (my original color choice). Since I've been stuck here in Iraq the past 9 months, I missed the opportunity to order the new Mustang until recently. I didn't make the window for '05, and wasn't sure what color I'd end up going with for with the '06. Long story short, my wife took a trip to our local dealer, saw the color samples (after I told her they were out), and finalized our order for a Vista Blue '06 GT. :)

Glad to help - I may end up with Vista too if my order doesn't get picked up...

Super Sonic Blue Mustang 5/22/05 04:41 PM

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@May 19, 2005, 2:33 PM

Yes but Sonic the hedgehog is cool. Sonic goes along with Super as in Super Sonic. :nice: :-D

I like my Sonic Blue especially when there is a overcast or in the twilight when it does change color to a cool looking purplish blue. Ford probably most likely went with Vista because it is cheaper. Don't get me wrong Vista is nice but it is no sonic. I bet there will be a big difference when you put 2 Mustangs side by side one with each color. Vista will be obviously lighter. Vista is more like true blue.

CannonBaller 5/22/05 10:52 PM

Or could this be Vista Blue.
I'll put my money on it.

Makes sense, we got jipped for 18" wheel optoins in 05, this color might have been set for 05 as well, but never made it.

Note sure how to add this as an image...so i'll just attach it as a file.

05mach1 6/4/05 08:53 AM

Originally posted by CannonBaller@May 22, 2005, 10:55 PM
Or could this be Vista Blue.
I'll put my money on it.

Makes sense, we got jipped for 18" wheel optoins in 05, this color might have been set for 05 as well, but never made it.

Note sure how to add this as an image...so i'll just attach it as a file.

That's photo shop by MT.

AFBLUE 6/4/05 02:42 PM

According to Brad, "Vista Blue GT Coupe will be officially unveiled in Tulsa this coming weekend". Someone in Tulsa needs to take some photos and post them on here.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=25994

05mach1 6/4/05 10:00 PM

Originally posted by AFBLUE@June 4, 2005, 2:45 PM
According to Brad, "Vista Blue GT Coupe will be officially unveiled in Tulsa this coming weekend". Someone in Tulsa needs to take some photos and post them on here.

The link don't work?

stangscuba98a 6/4/05 10:08 PM

Originally posted by AFBLUE@June 4, 2005, 2:45 PM

More than likely I will be going and will take many pics.. :nice:

mustp51 6/5/05 12:37 AM

I know some people don't like Sonic because of the color change, but this Vista Blue should satisfy anyone who wants a nice deep blue without the Sonic 'glow'...
Vista Blue looks really nice, but to me, the color shift of Sonic Blue is what makes it really, really nice. It was really tough to choose between SB and the LL that I got. The LL has some of that shifting ability as well. Sometimes it looks real green, sometimes more gold, and under certain parking lot lights, it looks silver! I like the way the SB goes from bright blue to dark blue to purple. Both are pretty incredible for a factory paint job, imo.
jeff

tom_vilsack 6/5/05 12:59 AM

Originally posted by stangscuba98a@June 4, 2005, 10:11 PM

go go go!!! please take as many pics as you can!!!

AFBLUE 6/5/05 05:06 AM

Sorry, the link is in the TMS members section (sub form in the admin section), so only TMS members can access.

AFBLUE 6/7/05 12:57 AM

Originally posted by stangscuba98a@June 4, 2005, 11:11 PM

Hey Scott, Brad Barnett (owner of this site) is looking for someone to go to this car show and take some pixs.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=397724

stangscuba98a 6/7/05 02:27 AM

Originally posted by AFBLUE@June 7, 2005, 1:00 AM
Hey Scott, Brad Barnett (owner of this site) is looking for someone to go to this car show and take some pixs.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=397724

Just put a post on that thread. I will probably be going and will take lots of pixs. :nice:

davam1 6/8/05 07:31 PM

Originally posted by stangscuba98a@June 7, 2005, 4:30 AM
Just put a post on that thread. I will probably be going and will take lots of pixs. :nice:

Scott,
Did you go and get pics? Anxious to see them if you did.

stangscuba98a 6/8/05 07:35 PM

Originally posted by davam1@June 8, 2005, 7:34 PM
Scott,
Did you go and get pics? Anxious to see them if you did.

It's this weekend...not yet.

clintoris 6/10/05 10:11 AM

Originally posted by 05mach1@June 4, 2005, 8:56 AM
That's photo shop by MT.

just curious.... where did eveybody get this idea that these were chops? call me lazy, but I didn't do a search on "I got word straight from the horse's mouth at Motor Trend who actually modified these pictures to tell me that they were chopped."

Rampant 6/10/05 10:31 AM

^ That same pic, in its original form was the show car gray/silver combo.