Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Painted Rally Stripes done

Check out my gallery for the process!
Old 4/26/08, 12:21 AM

TIGHT

Originally Posted by GTY UP
Your Stang looks tight... Are you going to leave the GT/CS black side stripes off? I didn't see them in the new pics.
Old 4/26/08, 08:57 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Very nice - I've been thinking about getting my stripes painted. One place had a good price, but then said it was a "single stage" paint job, meaning no clear over top. The other place was a little higher, but said "two stage" and they planned to remove the bumpers and rear spoiler like your shop did to make sure the paint goes all the way to the edge.

Looks like you got a quality job there.
Old 4/26/08, 11:01 AM

Looks good, I'm still trying to decide if I want stripes or not though.
Old 4/27/08, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by JimC
Very nice - I've been thinking about getting my stripes painted. One place had a good price, but then said it was a "single stage" paint job, meaning no clear over top. The other place was a little higher, but said "two stage" and they planned to remove the bumpers and rear spoiler like your shop did to make sure the paint goes all the way to the edge.

Looks like you got a quality job there.
It was expensive and extensive, but it was well worth it in the end, and the clear coat was a must for me. I was kind of on the fence about doing the stripes at all because I thought it looked great without them.....but now....people are breaking their necks to see my car and the compliments are overwhelming...makes you feel great. I plan on keeping this car so it was a good investment for me.
Old 4/27/08, 10:12 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
I looked over all of the pics of your process - it looks like your shop's method is the way to go so I will be spending the extra and getting the two stage for mine.

Great pics and the stripes look fantastic.
Old 4/27/08, 11:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was the right way to do it!

Nice!
Old 4/28/08, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by JimC
I looked over all of the pics of your process - it looks like your shop's method is the way to go so I will be spending the extra and getting the two stage for mine.

Great pics and the stripes look fantastic.
Good for you. I have found that sometimes you can have regrets if you go with the method you can better "afford". Sometimes you ending up paying more in the end "to fix things" or you end up just not being completely happy because you went with something that didn't live up to your expectations. When it comes to my car, it deserves only the best! Can't wait to see pics when you get it done....good luck....believe me you'll love it!
Old 4/28/08, 09:45 AM
Cobra R Member

looks great, man! I think this car begs for some stripes. It has such a wide surface and the stripes add a lot of character. They definitely create that "neck snapping" effect you're talking about!
Old 4/28/08, 06:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Rebel73
looks great, man! I think this car begs for some stripes. It has such a wide surface and the stripes add a lot of character. They definitely create that "neck snapping" effect you're talking about!

Yep!
Old 4/30/08, 07:57 PM
GT Member

I am so on the fence about getting it striped. I love the look...but I already get told my car looks like it should belong to my husband or son. ( I am a 44 year old married person of the female type.) No one thinks it is mine. If I add the stripes I can just think what they will say......
Old 4/30/08, 08:12 PM

Stripes look great

i was all set to have stripes when i ordered mine--and then i couldnt get them unless i took some generics that were not consistent with the quality of the car--so then painted stripes have to be the answer..

when the time comes this looks great!! i also have the vista blue GT with every other option except the scoops..clear coat makes sense--i have my eye on a earth tone (taupe) mettalic or silver mettalic..

theres a tool that you can use to see what it would look like..

http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustan...pePainter.html

hey--and for the lady talking here--i wouldnt let anyone tell me what to do !! i mean if you like em --then go for it!! i have a suspicion you will anyway!! LOL!! good for you!!

Tim

Last edited by zrs4; 4/30/08 at 08:19 PM.
Old 4/30/08, 09:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Stndbck
I am so on the fence about getting it striped. I love the look...but I already get told my car looks like it should belong to my husband or son. ( I am a 44 year old married person of the female type.) No one thinks it is mine. If I add the stripes I can just think what they will say......
That's just a mod begging to be completed now. It's yours, do what you want! If they aren't sure it's yours, display your vast knowledge of the GO pedal and let them see some taillight to help them figure it out!
Old 4/30/08, 09:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Your car looks great! Can't wait to see what you do next...
Old 5/1/08, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mackitraz
Your car looks great! Can't wait to see what you do next...
Thanks everyone my car and I are very happy. Also, to the lady that is on the fence about stripes. Do what you feel is best. You are only in your 40's. If you were in your eighties people still would think you were cool, especially since you have great taste in cars!!!!! If you want stripes get stripes, it is right for some and not for others. Now that I went through with it no regrets for me, I'm just glad I did do it.
Old 5/1/08, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by tom281
Yep!
Awesome car!!!!!! You must be very proud.
Old 5/1/08, 11:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Stndbck
Who CARES what they will say. Drive the car that makes YOU happy. Mebbe they're jealous.
Old 5/2/08, 06:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lori, your car is SICK!!! Love the pictures that show the progress of the stripes being added. They did a great job on it!!! I'm sure your getting MANY head turns from other drivers. Happens all the time with me. Just watch out for the infamous cell phone camera shooter! They have a tendancy to drift into your lane. Have fun with your SWEET RIDE!!!
Old 5/2/08, 03:49 PM

Thanks everyone my car and I are very happy. Also, to the lady that is on the fence about stripes. Do what you feel is best. You are only in your 40's. If you were in your eighties people still would think you were cool, especially since you have great taste in cars!!!!! If you want stripes get stripes, it is right for some and not for others. Now that I went through with it no regrets for me, I'm just glad I did do it.

Thats the truth speaking Gtyup!!
Old 5/2/08, 06:37 PM

Lori Thanks for posting your pics. My car goes in on Monday to have the stripes painted on. when I spoke to my body man I told him I wanted it done right. He discribed how he was going to do it and it was just like yours was done. The stripes will be buried and you will not be able to feel them. Only thing he asked was not to push him. I know what he meant. He said he wanted a week and I told him to take what he needed but it was to be RIGHT!! I've known him for years so he knows what I expect! Your car is awsome!! Thanks again for the help!