Vista Blue Vista Blue 2006+ Mustangs

Help with adding stripes

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/08, 06:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with adding stripes

I have an '07 GT/CS Vista Blue that I am thinking of adding stripes. Not sure if they should be white or silver, how wide they should be, also what do you do with the side GT/CS black stripes - leave them alone or replace with either a matching white or silver. Any pictures would be helpful.

thanks
Old 5/12/08, 08:20 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by pilatti1
I have an '07 GT/CS Vista Blue that I am thinking of adding stripes. Not sure if they should be white or silver, how wide they should be, also what do you do with the side GT/CS black stripes - leave them alone or replace with either a matching white or silver. Any pictures would be helpful.

thanks
You gotta go with white stripes on VB. It is the classic combo. Not sure what you want to do with the CS side stripes. My vote would be to redo them to match the hood stripes. Whatever you decide to do, spend the extra $$$ and have the stripes painted on and clear the entire panel. It's worth it.

My stripes are 10 1/2" wide, 2" apart.
Attached Images  
Old 5/12/08, 10:18 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Definitely do not go and get white stripes if you are leaving the black GT/CS stripe on the side. In the exterior mods section there are links showing what all the different stripe size/spacing options look like as well as colour combo's. I personally prefer white on blue. Silver metallic would be my second choice.
Old 5/12/08, 10:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey dude, my customer (and fellow TMS Member) Hawk bought a black GT/CS. He went on to remove the factory CS stripe, and get a custom GT/CS rocker stripe from Baltimore Street Mods, with Over The Top stripes as well. Got them in Gold. Car looks SICK. Still has the CS livery on the stripe, just a different type of stripe. Do a search for his name and check out his car. Its a great idea he did. BSM even did the font on the rocker stripes identical to the factory stripes.
Old 5/12/08, 01:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Here's what the BSM met. silver would look like. This is my car before the stripes got damaged. Currently deciding whether to put more on or not. This is 10" stripes 2" apart.

Old 5/14/08, 03:58 AM

Oh yeah I know the feeling of being on the fence...I had to choose between white and silver. I thought it would look sweet to get that caddy color of the white pearl (real reflecty) but I choose silver metalic and love it. I still have not seen that pearlized white on anyones yet. Check my gallery out for pics of car and at paint booth. I had the whole car painted over because of the stripes and cervinies parts. I wish you the best of luck in your decision. take some time and try playing with tape on you hood to get what you want. wheter you get tape or paint enjoy..
Old 5/14/08, 04:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'd go white or gold, and definitely replace the side stripe to match. 10" wide and a 1.5" -2" gap look great. BSM is good stuff, easy to apply if you take your tiime, even better if you got a buddy, and do it out of the sun and a calm/non windy day with lots of liquid/soap/water mix.

But, if you got the $$$, painted is the way to go, just costs about 10 times as much, unless you know someone or get a good deal. My BSM stripes are still holding up after 3 years.