Vista Blue Vista Blue 2006+ Mustangs

5 years old, still the best car Ive ever owned

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/10, 05:06 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
5 years old, still the best car Ive ever owned

hard to believe another year has passed, and the mustangs are in hibernation again...42K on it now, warranty expired 2 days ago (they gave me 5/75 for no charge after the first one got smashed at delivery) never had a claim. I dunno, but do think power has dropped a little bit- never got over 100 at the strip the two times we went this year, but maybe the 18" rears slowed it down a bit...best before was 103, ran 100-101 most of the time, now its 99-ish- but still such a fun car to drive
I wipe down the underside at oil changes, still like new underneath, just the driveshaft and rear axle are uniformly rust colored, and the nuts that hold the air deflectors in front of the fuel tank have surface rust...knew I shoulda painted that stuff when it was new, but so far its held up perfectly.
Only 'issues' Id say were noted at 2 yrs old- the front control arm bushings and tierod/balljoint boots were surface cracked, but so far havent degraded much further- think maybe chinese valvestems werent the only soft parts ford used...the exhaust still looks clean, but the pipes are dark- low grade stainless still deteriorates slowly- might scotchbrite them over the winter before they get too ugly. all in all, its held up well.
The starter is a little louder than on the other 2, might drop it and lube it up or put a new bendix on it, but not too worried as its a stick clutch still smooth, even with a lot of abuse, engine still silky smooth and still sounds a lot bigger than it is, interior (when clean) could still pass for new, except for the cheep carpet- had a hole under the floormat when it was a year old where my heel sits, floormats even held up well, just didnt protect the thin carpet.
Cant wait for warm weather again- pullin the kids around in the sled is fun for a while, but cant beat summertime
Old 12/19/12, 09:26 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
seven years old yesterday??? dont seem possible...still love this car, driving it is still fun as the day we picked it up, feel truly blessed to have been able to have such a great car... to a lot of folks 'its just a mustang' but its everything ive ever wanted in a fun car
still kinda needs a clutch, but test/tune a few weeks ago, its still holding after another 10 or so abusive runs- chattery, not as smooth as it should be, but still holding

love these cars- if its the last car i ever buy, thats fine by me
Old 12/19/12, 09:34 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts