Tungsten Grey Tungsten Grey 2006-2007 Mustang

Tungsten Grey alert!

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/05, 09:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all i got to say is i get many stairs from chicks who are checkin my car out so if that doesnt say something i have no clue what does...

....well unless their stairing at me
Old 8/24/05, 09:40 PM

It's the Barny Stang and it's all the thang.... BWHAHAHA....
Old 8/24/05, 09:41 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by atomicvibe@August 24, 2005, 11:39 PM
Which gets back to my point: If you are truly that concerned about such a slight color variation, why order a vehicle sight unseen??
Do some legwork, call around to every dealership within driving distance, and go see the color for yourself before plunking down 30K.
Too late to change my order now but I feel much better after talking with my TMS buddies!!
Old 8/24/05, 09:43 PM
GT Member

I hereby propose that "Barney Stang with Yellow Daisies Painted All Over It" be bumped to Forum Admin.
Old 8/25/05, 05:19 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm stationed in Korea and unable to see the color in person. I can't wait to see Tungsten in person and make my final judgement.. I'm getting reassigned back to the states in November and have been anxiously awaiting rejoining my family and picking up my car at the same time. The color Tungsten has put me through some agony wondering what it really looks like. It seems more folks like it than not. I know pictures can be deceiving..nothing compares to physically seeing it. Even the pictures are all different. At this point I would take the Barney-mobile and get it repainted if I could just get home, rejoin the family, and pick up my mustang. November is right around the corner, but it seems like it will never get here.
Old 8/25/05, 01:22 PM
GT Member

Is there really such a huge difference here? A pict of the show car and mine in bright sun.[attachmentid=31714][attachmentid=31715][attachmentid=31716]
Old 8/25/05, 01:26 PM
GT Member

I've had my Tungsten Grey GT coupe for over a week now. I have posted my picts, in various light, conditions, etc, and are in the 2005+ forum under "latest picts of..." I've also seen other new owners post their beautiful picts (very nice Dusty1!).
A few comments for those reading this and another related thread:
1.) Every picture you have seen truly "reflects" the dynamic nature of the paint in various conditions. This paint may not be for everyone, as with all paint choices, it is a subjective call. Those of you who have or will order tungsten grey will just have to accept the unique nature of the paint. For me, it's just a bonus. But, it is grey and it is metallic.
2.) Is it a "girlie" color? Is it a "chic" color? as some people have suggested? Well, I am one guy who certainly hopes so, though we'll have to see. These comments are usually from the same people who say that Mazda Miata/MX5 is a "chic" car? What does this mean? I guess it means that women like these cars and also like to drive them. Ok, all else being equal and I bought the car I liked, would I rather have women coming up to me admiring my ride, or would I rather have men?
3.) Buy the car/color YOU want, and don't worry about your manhood, if it's not intact by now...your in for a lotta needless worrying.
Old 8/25/05, 02:27 PM
GT Member

I like how my Mineral Grey is a different color everytime I step in to it. I like all of the hues that it casts. I worried myself sick on this forum looking at MG pictures in different lights wondering if I ordered the wrong color. And then I picked her up and I wondered what the heck was I worried about?! It was love at first sight. I'm sure TG owners will feel the same, once they first set eyes on one in person.
Old 8/25/05, 02:37 PM
GT Member

Here's a question: Will Ford ever produce a Competition Orange color for the Stang?
Old 8/25/05, 02:51 PM
GT Member

Went to see three Tungsten Mustangs a local dealer got in (2 V6s and a GT). The color is freaking awesome! The car looks dark grey in shadowy lighting conditions, and at certain angles it definitely has a subtle purple glow to it (the cars were all in shadow at around 8pm). I'm tempted to duck out of work early to go see it in sunlight.

Actually the whole purple thing was kind of funny... I was walking up to it and thought 'that doesn't look purple at all' (after wiping the drool off my chin) the glanced at the next one down the line, and the change in angle gave it the hint of purple. EXTREMELY light/angle reactive paint

Actually, I liked it so much that I'm thinking about skipping my Vert and buying the GT coupe off the lot. The only thing that's stopping me is that I'm gone for the last 2 weeks of September on vacation and hopefully my Vert will be ready for pickup when I get back (and I want the side air bags and the one on the lot doesn't have them).
Old 8/25/05, 03:00 PM

It'll be like having a child that has 300 horses and spits exhaust... when it arrives, it won't matter what color it is. It's love at first sight.
Old 8/25/05, 03:08 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Jslabaug@August 25, 2005, 4:03 PM
It'll be like having a child that has 300 horses and spits exhaust... when it arrives, it won't matter what color it is. It's love at first sight.
Let's hope so since I have to drive it 600 miles home

I have no doubts though. My only current problem is I WANT IT NOW!
Old 8/25/05, 04:37 PM
Cobra Member

I switched over a month ago away from Tungsten. And what cracks me up are the people saying here's a picture, but it wasn't in the right lighting. That's like saying when getting your picture taking, "Make sure you get my good side". I don't want a color that looks good only some of the time. I want a color that I can enjoy all of the time. I would've taken a look a color swatch before ordering. However, one of the largest dealerships in Minneapolis didn't have anything for 06's, and still don't.
How many topics have we seen on this site that read, "Finally, picture of Tuntsten under sunlight"? I'll admit, some pics make the color look good, while others look blah. Just my opinion.
Old 8/25/05, 04:55 PM

I saw a Tungsten vert on the highway today at 10:00 AM, full sun. At first I thought it was Windveil. Actually, try this link:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/

select the "COLOR" tab. You will find that ford.com shows very little (if any) difference between Windveil and Tungsten on the computer animated car. Hmmm? Was this intentional?
Old 8/25/05, 05:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
No
Old 8/25/05, 05:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've already seen a vert version of that Barney purple V6 up here... minus the daisys... with a guy driving it.

----

TG seems to be a lot like MG in the way lighting changes its appearance. MG has a orange/gold tint to it while TG has a blue/purple tint to it. Under overcast skys though, they both show up as a dark grey.
Old 8/25/05, 05:10 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Route 66@August 25, 2005, 6:40 PM
I switched over a month ago away from Tungsten. And what cracks me up are the people saying here's a picture, but it wasn't in the right lighting. That's like saying when getting your picture taking, "Make sure you get my good side". I don't want a color that looks good only some of the time. I want a color that I can enjoy all of the time. I would've taken a look a color swatch before ordering. However, one of the largest dealerships in Minneapolis didn't have anything for 06's, and still don't.
How many topics have we seen on this site that read, "Finally, picture of Tuntsten under sunlight"? I'll admit, some pics make the color look good, while others look blah. Just my opinion.
Well said. I think it would be really hard for me to order a new car in a color I've never seen in person before. I'm not a fan of that tungsten hue and would be kicking myself if I found out after I ordered..

Although I might be kicking myself any way if Tom's VB pictures are as great as I think they will be
Old 8/25/05, 06:30 PM

I'm not sure how these will look! 06 Gt with ford 17'' aftermarket bullitt wheels! Also have some pics of the windveil blue with silver stripes if anyone is interested.
Old 8/25/05, 08:59 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Angry Irishman@August 25, 2005, 7:22 AM
I'm stationed in Korea and unable to see the color in person. I can't wait to see Tungsten in person and make my final judgement.. I'm getting reassigned back to the states in November and have been anxiously awaiting rejoining my family and picking up my car at the same time. The color Tungsten has put me through some agony wondering what it really looks like. It seems more folks like it than not. I know pictures can be deceiving..nothing compares to physically seeing it. Even the pictures are all different. At this point I would take the Barney-mobile and get it repainted if I could just get home, rejoin the family, and pick up my mustang. November is right around the corner, but it seems like it will never get here.
Thank you for helping us enjoy freedom and our stangs!
Old 8/25/05, 09:02 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by FalconDude@August 25, 2005, 3:29 PM
I've had my Tungsten Grey GT coupe for over a week now. I have posted my picts, in various light, conditions, etc, and are in the 2005+ forum under "latest picts of..." I've also seen other new owners post their beautiful picts (very nice Dusty1!).
A few comments for those reading this and another related thread:
1.) Every picture you have seen truly "reflects" the dynamic nature of the paint in various conditions. This paint may not be for everyone, as with all paint choices, it is a subjective call. Those of you who have or will order tungsten grey will just have to accept the unique nature of the paint. For me, it's just a bonus. But, it is grey and it is metallic.
2.) Is it a "girlie" color? Is it a "chic" color? as some people have suggested? Well, I am one guy who certainly hopes so, though we'll have to see. These comments are usually from the same people who say that Mazda Miata/MX5 is a "chic" car? What does this mean? I guess it means that women like these cars and also like to drive them. Ok, all else being equal and I bought the car I liked, would I rather have women coming up to me admiring my ride, or would I rather have men?
3.) Buy the car/color YOU want, and don't worry about your manhood, if it's not intact by now...your in for a lotta needless worrying.
Agreed,but I'm not being seen driving a MIATA :notnice:

Quick Reply: Tungsten Grey alert!