Tungsten Grey Tungsten Grey 2006-2007 Mustang

Touch Up Paint

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/07, 08:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Touch Up Paint

I've been trying to locate a spray can of Tungsten Grey without much success. (I'm painting a metal diecast model.)

Has anyone else found a source?
Old 6/11/07, 09:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This seems to be a good place to buy touch up paint in just about any type of form (spray cans, pen, pint, quart, etc...)

http://expresspaint.com/
Old 6/11/07, 09:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
This seems to be a good place to buy touch up paint in just about any type of form (spray cans, pen, pint, quart, etc...)

http://expresspaint.com/
EXCELLENT!

Thanks!
Old 6/11/07, 09:52 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not a problem!
Old 6/11/07, 10:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Before you paint your model, there is one thing you might consider. Sometimes the size of the metal flakes in the actual car paint may be too large to look good on your model. You might be better off finding a very close metal flake color at a hobby shop and use that to paint your model of your car. My car is Redfire so I used a model metal flake paint that closely matched the color of my car and the metal flakes look right in scale. Just thought you should consider this. Here is a couple of pics of my car and my model using the model paint.
Attached Thumbnails Touch Up Paint-73.b.jpg   Touch Up Paint-75.b.jpg  
Old 6/11/07, 10:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Scarpi
Before you paint your model, there is one thing you might consider. Sometimes the size of the metal flakes in the actual car paint may be too large to look good on your model. You might be better off finding a very close metal flake color at a hobby shop and use that to paint your model of your car. My car is Redfire so I used a model metal flake paint that closely matched the color of my car and the metal flakes look right in scale. Just thought you should consider this. Here is a couple of pics of my car and my model using the model paint.
Thanks for the suggestion...acutally I already have a "plan b" model paint that would work for the reason you mention. I thought I'd paint one of the doors with the "real" stuff just to see. If it didn't look right, I can easily strip it and use the model paint.

Great looking model. Is it the Hot Wheels 1/18? Did you run into any problems during disassembly? I'm working on a 1/24th and it was pretty easy to take apart. The 1/18th I've got looks a bit more complicated.

How did you do the GT fender emblem?
Old 6/12/07, 03:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
The model is a 1/24th plastic kit. I painted it before assembly. The GT emblem is a decal. It came out pretty nice. First I primered it with two or three light coats of grey primer and wet sanding in between coats then I used a number of light coats of paint with wet sanding in between. I did not use a clear over the final coat of paint. It seemed glossy enough as is.