Sonic Blue Sonic Blue 2005 Mustangs

Sonic Blue - too purple?

Search this Thread

Old 6/25/04, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone else concerned that Sonic Blue is too purple?

I've been looking at the pictures and sometimes it looks like just what I'm looking for - a nice blue color. Then I see other pictures and cars on the road and it looks purple.

My ultimate car would be an Acapulco Blue (for those familiar with the older cars), 68 Fastback w/black interior. With the right blue the 05 would be a more than acceptable substitute - and easier to acquire.

By the way - I've been reading this forum for months now - great information.

A little backgound on myself - my first car was a 68 coupe that I bought when I was 17 - drove daily for 5 years - and sold 3 years ago - I'm 29 now. I've always been looking for a 67-68 fastback - but the 05 has changed my thinking slightly. I had a chance to see and sit in the 05 and it defeintely felt like a modern version of the 68 I drove for years.
Old 6/25/04, 10:16 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the sonic blue. I'd prefer a True Blue, or something very similiar, or one of Ford's classic Blues (like you mentioned).

Lot's of people like the Sonic Blue though. It may be best to find a Mustang in Sonic, and go see it in person.
Old 6/25/04, 10:35 AM

I'll have to see the Sonic 05 in person. The one I saw was redfire.

I have seen the current model in Sonic on the road and the first impression I get is purple - not blue. But color is very subjective - just curious if anyone else thought the same.
Old 6/25/04, 10:37 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
cue boomer
Old 6/25/04, 10:47 AM
GT Member

Welcome to the boards...

I'm sure everyone has there preference in color, but that's no reason to go knockin my Sonic Blue!

J/K, seriously, I love the Sonic Blue picks, and I ordered my GT in it. There is a slight purple tint in some light, but with some of the other pics I've seen, there are some other 05 colors with the same two color issue.

I agree with the True Blue comment. That would be absolutely beautiful on this car, but I'm satisfied with Sonic Blue.
Old 6/25/04, 10:50 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Sonic is a great color, it almost has a candy color tone to it.

I do think there are other shades of blue that would be great as well, true blue and alcapulco blue would be perfect.

All in all, with the clean lines of the '05, Sonic will look great and I will be taking that color for myself.
Old 6/25/04, 11:00 AM

Thanks for the opinions - I was curious if anyone else had the same reservations about Sonic Blue.

You can lock this post if you'd like - I wasn't trying to rehash any old or irrelevant issues. I didn't want to come across as the new guy asking a dumb question.
Old 6/25/04, 11:03 AM
I Have Admin Envy

jmastro...

the only reason topics will be locked is if they are beaten to death or go out of control.

welcome to the boards, feel free to create any new thread you like, the info in the FAQ threat are topics that have been commonly repeated.
Old 6/25/04, 11:08 AM
Cobra Member

I personally love it and if there was a mach in sonic it would have been in my garage.... My personal favorite along with atlantic blue.
Old 6/25/04, 11:11 AM
GT Member

Sonic Blue, became my fave color over black. After I saw it on my Uncle's 03 Cobra, and for my B'Day he let me take it out. All I have to say is WOW!
Old 6/25/04, 11:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sonic Blue looks great in some shades of light, but I also see too much purple in it in other settings. That's the reason I'm personally staying away from Sonic Blue. True Blue would be my preference, as others have stated. I'm going with Redfire, my second favorite recent Mustang color behind True Blue.
Old 6/25/04, 11:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'd like to see azure blue available.
Old 6/25/04, 12:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I like Azure as well, but I'm not sure that will be a color choice real soon. Sonic does have that purplish tone everyone else has mentioned. If that is something that is going to bother you, you might want to try a different color.
Old 6/25/04, 02:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My personal oppinion with sonic is that is a "shock" color. True blue is defnately a more refined shade. It is a cobalt, that does flip-flop a little bit to purple if the lighting is red-tinged(i.e. sodium lights, sunsets, etc). Im pretty sure they put mica flake in the paint, just about every cobalt car ive seen inlucing chevy, isuzu, subaru, and mazda colors in the past all do the same thing. Putting my personal oppinion about colors down here is irrelevant, there is no "right" color. I was dissapointed that true blue was skipped over(or even added in the line as it was last year), as dark shadow grey, although mineral is pretty too. I would think they need to keep the color choices limited to control the amount of variations and consumer costs, especially the first year. But the mustang is definately a vehicle to be seen in, and Sonic surely gets the job done. you may hit a young-versus-old oppinion from each of us here.
Old 6/25/04, 03:16 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I must say, that Sonic Blue is a color that you must see in person. It looked quite a bit different in person. Yes, its bordering on a purple hue.
Old 6/25/04, 03:26 PM
GT Member

I have been driving a 2005 Sonic Blue Escape for 3 months now and I must say I love the color. I barely ever see the violent.
Old 6/25/04, 09:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I didn't realize that sonic was the same color as the mustang I seen the other day. I like it more now because it has a purple look to it. I seen a stang at the dealer with the light shining right on it and my wife and I had an argument about the color (i thought it was purple and she was right) B)

I will be considering that color now. But I gotta see it in person.
Old 6/26/04, 01:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just looks a little weird on the 05 for me.

We've seen the color on a couple of the 05's, and something about it just doesn't scream Mustang.

The purple doesn't affect me as it just doesn't fit on this model of Mustang.
Old 6/26/04, 03:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Too purple? Never..
Old 6/26/04, 03:20 PM
GT Member

I too was not a big fan of the sonic blue, until I bought one, "I REALLY wanted the Orange, but it was a premium, and they were not ready to deal on it" But, now I am really glad I bought (The Sonic), I really love the color, and I get ALOT of complements on it.

Quick Reply: Sonic Blue - too purple?