Project Source Horse The Mustang Source's Supercharged 2006 Mustang GT Convertible Project
Visit ProjectSourceHorse.com

My estimate for the cost of PSH

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/06 | 02:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ January 2, 2006, 8:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
............I don't think I'll retire to The Bahamas for quite some time...
[/b][/quote]

Good choice!

<--------
Old 2/26/06 | 02:44 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

If I had the cash, I'd be getting one of those new condos they're building at Atlantis.
Old 2/26/06 | 04:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ February 26, 2006, 4:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If I had the cash, I'd be getting one of those new condos they're building at Atlantis.
[/b][/quote]

Paradise Island is going to be amazing when thay are finished over there.
Old 2/26/06 | 04:47 PM

The only complaint I have is that with the new Atlantis condos, the beach space is going to be limited. There won't be anywhere to get some quiet time on the sand.

I saw where The One & Only Ocean Club is a key setting in the new James Bond movie. I saw some of the Thunderball filming locations at Atlantis and I've eaten at The One & Only Ocean Club. It's a gorgeous island.
Old 2/27/06 | 06:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ February 26, 2006, 6:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The only complaint I have is that with the new Atlantis condos, the beach space is going to be limited. There won't be anywhere to get some quiet time on the sand.

I saw where The One & Only Ocean Club is a key setting in the new James Bond movie. I saw some of the Thunderball filming locations at Atlantis and I've eaten at The One & Only Ocean Club. It's a gorgeous island.
[/b][/quote]

They are filming all over the island this very minute! We are even doubling for a few other countries during filming.
Old 2/27/06 | 07:10 AM

Yeah, I hear Paradise Island will become Madagascar.

Do you know if they're going to be doing any filming at Stuart Cove? I think Connery has a house over there somewhere; it'd be cool if he was in one of the scenes.
Old 2/28/06 | 10:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

I am not sure about Stuart Cove. Connery does live here most of the year, his house is in Lyford Cay right around the corner from Stuart Cove's dock. My wife met him at the hospital when he took his wife in a while back. She also met Barry Bonds a couple of weeks ago (he has a house in Ocean Estates).
Old 3/4/06 | 08:43 AM
Cam Tease

Gosh site owner...take it to PM. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 4/14/06 | 07:17 PM
KBE
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ February 15, 2006, 2:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Unlikely, but watch Barrett-Jackson in January 2009.
[/b][/quote]
I'm not sure I agree with this . . . especially after getting these parts for free.
Old 4/14/06 | 09:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KBE @ April 14, 2006, 8:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm not sure I agree with this . . . especially after getting these parts for free.
[/b][/quote]
What do you propose?
Old 4/15/06 | 12:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Brad,
I thought you were running the Ford GT wheels vice the FR500, at least that's what you had on in P-cola? Did you get those at a discount too? I like them, but I'm not about to pay $3600 for a set of wheels.
Old 4/15/06 | 09:56 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wsmatau @ April 15, 2006, 2:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Brad,
I thought you were running the Ford GT wheels vice the FR500, at least that's what you had on in P-cola? Did you get those at a discount too? I like them, but I'm not about to pay $3600 for a set of wheels.
[/b][/quote]
I got the Ford GTs just before the Pensacola show and will keep them on the car. They absolutely rock.

Ford Racing is a very generous sponsor of the car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Old 4/16/06 | 10:12 AM
Cobra Member

I may start my own project in the tungsten section on this site called project eleanor.It will be a small project though.When its done,you will probably like it.the items are in my signature.Less than 10000 dollars when said and done probably.Bodykit is 3200.

Heres a pic of a gt with the kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Ronael...6QQcmdZViewItem
Old 4/16/06 | 10:12 AM
I Have No Life

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ January 2, 2006, 9:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
and all of the parts and installations have, thusfar, cost me less than $150.

[/b][/quote]

Thanks for rubbing it in [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] My darn center caps alone cost me over $400.00. No wonder I am so broke. I need to find me some sponsors [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Anyone......anyone......
Old 4/16/06 | 01:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

I really like the GT wheels. I just didn't expect them to be as expensive as they are. I want something a little off the beaten path. Maybe I'll settle for a set of FR500 Black powdercoats.
Old 4/16/06 | 06:15 PM
KBE
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ April 14, 2006, 8:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What do you propose?
[/b][/quote]
Options-
1. Take off the free vendor supplied components and sell the car stock. You can make a killing from the parts you got for free or have a contest on your site and make a few more friends.
2. Sell the car as is and give the money away to a chariable organization. You may need the write-off from the income you're making off the site. Otherwise, you'll need to claim almost the entire car as income.

My conscience would not allow me to ask a vendor for something free knowingly that I would be selling for profit at a later date.

Last thought. How could you sell something that nice? Why Barret Jackson? Are they doing it for nothing? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 4/16/06 | 06:33 PM

These parts are going to have three years of daily-driven wear on them. It'd be a royal pain to remove and sell them, and the income from doing so wouldn't be worth the trouble.

The sponsors and this site would benefit more from the exposure at Barrett-Jackson. And the money from selling PSH will go right back into the business, buying our 2009 Mustang project car.

The reason for doing a project car is to increase public awareness of this site and the car's sponsors. I can't think of any single event that would give us as much coverage as Barrett-Jackson would.

And besides, this new server and travel to Mustang events aren't cheap. I can't sell an asset and give the money away.
Old 4/16/06 | 08:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Brad whats the status on some of the mods not yet finished or that havent arrived? I'm anxious to see the painted valve covers
Old 4/16/06 | 08:31 PM

We're not going to paint the valve covers. With the Vortech supercharger and aftercooler, there just isn't much room left to see the covers. It hardly seems worth the trouble.

Here's what's left:
  • MRT Tinted Turn Signals & Taillights - Haven't received taillight tint. Will install both when SilverHorse Racing taillight bezels arrive. Considering clear front turn signals with tint.
  • Granatelli Motorsports A-Arm Support Brace - Will be installed on next visit to SVP Unlimited
  • Granatelli Motorsports Camber Adjuster Kit - Will be installed on next visit to SVP Unlimited
  • Granatelli Motorsports Panhard Rod Brace - Will be installed on next visit to SVP Unlimited
  • Granatelli Motorsports Rear Shock Tower Brace - Will be installed on next visit to SVP Unlimited
  • Granatelli Motorsports Billet Aluminum Sway Bar Mounts - Will be installed on next visit to SVP Unlimited
  • Granatelli Motorsports Front and Rear Drive Shaft Safety Loop Kit - Will be installed on next visit to SVP Unlimited
  • Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch - Will be installed on next visit to SVP Unlimited
  • Centerforce Aluminum Flywheel - Will be installed on next visit to SVP Unlimited
  • Kicker SSMB8 Mid-Range Subs - Waiting on a head unit
  • Kicker SS56.2 Front Component Speakers - Waiting on a head unit
  • Kicker KS68 Rear Coaxial Speakers - Waiting on a head unit
  • Kicker SX700.4 Multi-Channel Amp - Waiting on a head unit
  • Kicker SX650.1 Subwoofer Amp - Waiting on a head unit
  • Kicker Solo-Baric S12 L7 12-inch Subwoofer - Waiting on a head unit
  • SVP Unlimited Shaved Antenna - When hood arrives
  • MRT Interceptor Grille - MRT is weighing production feasibility
  • SilverHorse Racing Taillight Bezels - Still a few weeks out
  • 3dCarbon Boy Racer Hood - 6-8 weeks out
  • SilverHorse Racing Decklid Badge - Summer 2006
  • Clevenger Ford Parts Intake Cover - July 2006