Project Source Horse The Mustang Source's Supercharged 2006 Mustang GT Convertible Project
Visit ProjectSourceHorse.com

First Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/07, 01:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by saud alzaabi
well ... at least ur 1st ticket was better than mine..

mine was doing 160kph in a 60 kph zone... :S i was racing a camaro too ... i bet the radar had a sweet pic of me beating that camaro's a$$

Priceless!
Old 1/31/07, 09:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RajunPony06
I have an international drivers license issued to me when I use to drive for a general in the Marines, and it has gotten me out of many a ticket. Most podunk cops from small town america that have pulled me over look at it dumbfoundedly not sure what to do and then send me off with a warning. It is good for life with no expiration date, impossible for the state to issign me points against my driving record, but it's a pain to carry because it's larger than my passport. It has saved me from many a ticket in the past.
Be careful with those. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...driveralrt.htm has more info. Specifically "In fact, if you're a U.S. resident, and you're caught using an IDP in place of your state-issued driver's license, the consequences can be severe. You could be charged with driving without a license or driving with a suspended or revoked license. If you can't produce proof of your identity (for example, a valid driver's license, a state-issued identification card, valid immigration documents, or a passport), the officer can assume that you're trying to withhold your identity and arrest you."
Old 2/8/07, 10:40 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by drakino
Be careful with those. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...driveralrt.htm has more info. Specifically "In fact, if you're a U.S. resident, and you're caught using an IDP in place of your state-issued driver's license, the consequences can be severe. You could be charged with driving without a license or driving with a suspended or revoked license. If you can't produce proof of your identity (for example, a valid driver's license, a state-issued identification card, valid immigration documents, or a passport), the officer can assume that you're trying to withhold your identity and arrest you."

so its ok to speed in any other states with one of them lol , im a citizen of germany , i should carry my passport wiht me and my international drivers license , but dont hey have your name and everyhting on the computer ?
Old 2/8/07, 08:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Brad what was the out come?