Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

WANTED: E-brake handle cover for '05 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/12, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WANTED: E-brake handle cover for '05 Mustang GT

While disassembling my center console recently, I unfortunately somehow managed to break my e-brake handle cover. I'm referring to the plastic fairing which attaches top and bottom around the metal handle, passes through the "rubber boot," and protects the metal handle from being exposed. The plastic tabs which lock the top half and bottom half into each other broke off, and so the top half of the plastic handle does not stay in place when I pull the brake handle. I have called two Ford parts departments in my area, and neither of them seem to think that I can replace this part without having to buy an entirely new e-brake handle. That seems outlandish to me since the brake itself works just fine. I've also considered trying to get one of these from a scrapyard, but then I think I might break the tabs on one which was already attached. Can anyone out there please help me...?
Old 2/13/12, 05:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Super glue works wonders! The dealership did a number on mine but I didn't realize it till later when there was a rattling. I just used super glue and I have no problems.... Also if you look in the for sale section there is someone that is selling a wickedly sweet leather cover that goes over the whole plastic piece.
Old 2/14/12, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tungsten Bullitt
Super glue works wonders! The dealership did a number on mine but I didn't realize it till later when there was a rattling. I just used super glue and I have no problems.... Also if you look in the for sale section there is someone that is selling a wickedly sweet leather cover that goes over the whole plastic piece.
Yeah, I've considered that but I'm just not sure how well the glue would hold up over time and exposure to varying temperatures. I'd prefer to be able to replace the OEM part... but so far, that's proving to be more difficult than I would have guessed. There's gotta be a way.
Old 2/14/12, 08:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, I do have a take off GT500 ebrake that I haven't gotten around to installing yet. This weekend I'll look at it and see how the plastic piece is looking. Make sure it's not broken and I can get back with you. I can just reuse my old one with some glue. Plus I've been looking at getting that leather cover I mentioned before so I won't need the plastic to be 100% locked into place.
Old 2/17/12, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tungsten Bullitt
Well, I do have a take off GT500 ebrake that I haven't gotten around to installing yet. This weekend I'll look at it and see how the plastic piece is looking. Make sure it's not broken and I can get back with you. I can just reuse my old one with some glue. Plus I've been looking at getting that leather cover I mentioned before so I won't need the plastic to be 100% locked into place.
That'd be just great. Please let me know what you determine. Thanks!
Old 2/20/12, 10:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

How about $35 shipped. I forgot to take pics so I'll do that Tuesday.
Old 2/21/12, 07:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

There appears to be one tab broken, but that shouldn't be a problem. Mine on my car had 4 broken that's why I had to glue it because it kept separating when I pulled up the brake.
Old 2/22/12, 02:31 PM

Sounds like a deal. Can you PM me with payment info? And do you take PayPal?
Old 2/27/12, 07:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

hope you are happy with your item!
Old 3/2/12, 10:22 AM

I'll let you know as soon as my car gets back from the paint shop. I'm finally getting my ratty old vinyl stripes removed in favor of painted ones.
Old 3/7/12, 07:46 AM

Got my car back yesterday and attached the shroud. It worked perfectly - snapped right into place with no problem. Thanks very much!
Old 6/16/12, 07:57 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,538 Likes on 1,873 Posts
As an FYI these are Available separate from Ford.

KC