Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

GT/CS Accessory Rear Bumper Quality problems

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/10, 11:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT/CS Accessory Rear Bumper Quality problems

My car is in the bodyshop getting fixed after getting rearended again. I got rearended the first time when the car was only 2 months old. Then it got keyed down the passenger side two years ago. I beginning to think its cursed or fate is not allowing me to have a nice car that I really want.

Anyway,this time I figured I might as well get something nice out of all this misery and got the body shop to order me a 6r3z6320049ba GT/CS Accessory Rear Bumper instead of the standard GT rear bumper cover.

The first one came in damaged, the body shop guy said it was warped. So they returned it to the Ford dealer they ordered it from and they reordered. The second one came in this week and the Ford dealer opened the package before they sent it over to the body shop and found it had a big gouge in it.

They've reordered it yet AGAIN, and I hope the third one will be good. Has anyone else had this kind of problem with the GT/CS Accessory Rear Bumper or am I just cursed?
Old 12/3/10, 09:37 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,539 Likes on 1,874 Posts
Originally Posted by Vermillion06
My car is in the bodyshop getting fixed after getting rearended again. I got rearended the first time when the car was only 2 months old. Then it got keyed down the passenger side two years ago. I beginning to think its cursed or fate is not allowing me to have a nice car that I really want.

Anyway,this time I figured I might as well get something nice out of all this misery and got the body shop to order me a 6r3z6320049ba GT/CS Accessory Rear Bumper instead of the standard GT rear bumper cover.

The first one came in damaged, the body shop guy said it was warped. So they returned it to the Ford dealer they ordered it from and they reordered. The second one came in this week and the Ford dealer opened the package before they sent it over to the body shop and found it had a big gouge in it.

They've reordered it yet AGAIN, and I hope the third one will be good. Has anyone else had this kind of problem with the GT/CS Accessory Rear Bumper or am I just cursed?
You are not cursed you just had a run of bad luck. Very seldom is a bumper cover warped. What happens is they get stuff layed on them and get a bit twisted. Usually if the cover is put in a warm place or out in the sun they will spring back into shape. Body shops can be impatient and simply don't take the time to do this. In severe twisting a heat lamp may be required or would simply speed up the process of going back into shape.

As far as the second cover it sounds like shipping damage.

Sorry so long to reply. Been a bit preoccupied with things.

Mgb,

KC