Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Factory Navigation Units!

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/06, 02:39 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,909 Posts
Factory Navigation Units!

Details to Follow! Not Currently Available. If Interested Post Please Notify when available. I will Update Hotsheets when Pricing Available. These are Now Being Installed in 07 Mustangs on the Assembly Line as of Dec.4th 2006

KC

Here it is in the Flesh! Notice you can Have Sirius Also!
Upload Pictures with PicTiger

UPDATE 07/25/08

I have decided to totally get out of the Nav Units. After Two Suppliers who did not meet my expectations here is one I believe will provide Good Service. I feel it is Best you Just Deal Direct. Please Post Here if you Purchase From Them and Give us a Run Down on the Service! I want to Hear About it Good or Bad! I believe it will Be Good. They Came Highly Recomended by a Trusted Source.

For a Factory Style Programmed Nav Unit Please use Contact below. They Offer Both the Old Black Style and the 08 up Silver Bezel Style Units.

Chicago Parts & Sound
1-630-350-1500
Ask For RAY in the RADIO Department. He is Their Programmer. Be Sure and Tell Him Kevin From Clevenger Ford Sent you.

Good Luck!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 7/25/08 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12/7/06, 02:44 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
NOTIFY WHEN AVAILABLE
Old 12/7/06, 03:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 Notify when available.
Old 12/7/06, 03:39 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Notify me too.
Old 12/7/06, 03:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

notify when available

any pictures in the car?
Old 12/7/06, 03:56 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,909 Posts
I have an F150 Unit on the Way. It will look Identical. I will Post Pics when Available.

KC
Old 12/7/06, 04:14 PM
V6 Member

Please Notify

Please sign me up! I am definitely interested!
Old 12/7/06, 04:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Please notify when available.
Old 12/7/06, 04:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Notify when available
Old 12/7/06, 05:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

does it work with either of the shaker systems?
Old 12/7/06, 08:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Now see GPS is a topic for me. I'm a geocacher by trade
www.geocaching.com check it out.
BUT, this unit must cost something close to $1,000 as an option.
Why, I ask you, not just buy a $25 suction mount and the Garmin 60CSx unit for $375 ? That's what I have in my 2002 Explorer Limited, and you can "go mobile" with a handheld, too.

I'm not saying a dash-mounted unit isn't nice, but IMHO for the money it seems like a tough option unless I'm made of money
Old 12/7/06, 08:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Please Notify when available!
Old 12/7/06, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Emu Hunter
Why, I ask you, not just buy a $25 suction mount and the Garmin 60CSx unit for $375 ? That's what I have in my 2002 Explorer Limited, and you can "go mobile" with a handheld, too.

I'm not saying a dash-mounted unit isn't nice, but IMHO for the money it seems like a tough option unless I'm made of money
The 60CSx doesn't provide turn-by-turn driving directions.
Old 12/7/06, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I hope the system works better then the one in this story I found on another site.

U.K.: Navigational system blamed for directing patient 200 miles in wrong direction
By Luke Salkeld
Daily Mail (London)
Copyright 2006 Associated Newspapers Ltd.
All Rights Reserved
An ambulance crew drove a patient 200 miles in the wrong direction after relying on a faulty satellite navigation system.
They had been asked to shuttle the man between two hospitals in Essex a journey of less than ten miles.
But even after almost four hours of driving, it was not until the two-man team hit Manchester that they realised their mistake.
The blunder meant the journey, which should have taken 30 minutes, lasted more than nine hours.
Yesterday, there were calls for an inquiry into the error, which critics said was potentially 'catastrophic'.
The journey began at 3am on Tuesday at King George Hospital in Ilford. But staff at the service's control room waited four hours before contacting the team to ask why they had not arrived at Mascalls Park Hospital in Brentwood.
It is understood the crew said they were a 'little lost'. The patient finally arrived at the mental health unit early on Tuesday afternoon.
Yesterday, there was disbelief that the crew had not realised they were heading the wrong way.
Michael Summers, of the Patients' Association, said: 'If this had been an emergency case, it could have been absolutely catastrophic.
'It is very worrying to think that something like this can happen and hopefully the ambulance service has learnt from this error.' He added: 'This episode raises questions over why the service's headquarters were not in touch with the crew much earlier.
'Maybe the crew were new to the area, but after such a length of time one would think they might have used a bit of common sense.' A London Ambulance Service spokesman said yesterday: 'We can confirm a crew transferring a patient from King George Hospital, Ilford, to Mascalls Park Hospital, Brentwood, in the early hours of Tuesday morning were misdirected as a result of an error with the mobile data terminal on the ambulance.
'We believe that the crew, who had not been to this particular hospital before, followed the directions given by the navigation system, without manually confirming their destination.
'We understand that they reached the outskirts of Manchester before realising they were heading to the wrong destination.
'The patient was in a comfortable condition at all times while in our care and he arrived safely at Mascalls Park Hospital early that afternoon.
'The problem with the navigation database is now being fixed.' Last night, Tory MP Eric Pickles, whose Brentwood and Ongar constituency contains the hospital the patient was being taken to, called for an investigation.
He said: 'There needs to be an inquiry into what went wrong. It would have been quicker for the patient to walk to the hospital.' He added: 'Whenever we use this sort of technology we must remember to also use a bit of common sense.
This crew clearly did not.' An estimated four million satellite navigation devices are in use sometimes with disastrous results.
Last month, a woman dodged oncoming traffic for 14 miles after misreading her satnav system and driving the wrong way up a dual carriageway.
In September, a taxi driver drove two girls 85 miles in the opposite direction after keying the wrong place name into his satnav.
A testing programme is now being developed by the Department for Transport which will check the reliability of equipment.
Old 12/7/06, 08:42 PM

Navigation systems can't stop people from being stupid.
Old 12/7/06, 08:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TheMustangSource
Navigation systems can't stop people from being stupid.
I've read a few articles about people having navigation units in their cars and having problems like those in the article I posted.

I use computer mapping sites for directions sometimes, and I have found mistakes on those as well...if you make a mistake w/ a zip code or street name (even in the same general area) the directions will be wrong.

That's why I rely on my mapbook especially @ work.
Old 12/7/06, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi Brad,
You're right, for the $ numbers I listed you don't get turn by turn instructions. But those GPS handheld vendors always keep a way to suck more money out of you. The so-called "City Navigator" software package gives you turn by turn driving instructions, I think for around $125 more bucks. I have it, its not too bad; auto-corrects for you with one buton click if you go off-course like those Brits. Although with a handheld, of course, the thing won't talk you through the driving instructions. You get a fairly loud single tone advising you its time to look at the screen for the zoom-in pic of your next upcoming turn (there is also text turning instructions there, too). I'm not sure if I'd like the talking option or not. Dunno.

And again, not really arguing against the in-dash talking option; rather, offering folks an alternate, cheap-out approach that gets you 95% there. (geez, that's going to be a bad pun)
Old 12/7/06, 10:04 PM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

Originally Posted by Emu Hunter

<---Mustangdave on geocaching.com I made it from FL to CA with my legend etrex CX using the suction mount, but after using my friend's car in LA, I am hooked on the in dash style. Only problem is I have the shaker 1K, and don't want to lose all my amps/speakers in an aftermarket upgrade. This may be a good middleground for me!
Old 12/7/06, 10:32 PM
Cobra Member

Please notify.
Old 12/8/06, 02:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Please notify..

Quick Reply: Factory Navigation Units!