Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Factory Engine Cover $$$$$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/06 | 11:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I am at Home and do not have the Part Numbers with me. BTW I put in a twelve hour Day at work todayAgain and here I am still plugging. I must be nuts!
Lol, please tell me your not married!
If so, have the divorce papers been sent? Unless shes one of those rare finds, and shes into it as you are.
Old 6/30/06 | 06:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Upload Pictures with PicTiger

COVER WITH 2007 SHELBY STRUT BAR IN PLACE. It Clears the Cover but I am Concerened about the Bar itself clearing as I have not seen a Shelby Hood in The Flesh. The Bars are VERY Inexpensive BTW!
Looks like it clears the Cover easily. Are you concerned about it clearing the Shelby hood or the regular hood? Looks like that is on your '05, and I would think the Shelby Strut bar would clear the Shelby Hood. Is that part on your hot sheet? Looks simple and effective.
Old 6/30/06 | 06:43 AM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by Stoenr
Lol, please tell me your not married!
If so, have the divorce papers been sent? Unless shes one of those rare finds, and shes into it as you are.
Rare is a Good Description! She Loves Nascar and her License Plate Frame says { I am not speeding I am just qualifiying. She has gone through 3 sets of Eagle GT II's in 50k on our 02 Supercharged HD F150. Seems the Rear tires are overworked! LOL
Old 6/30/06 | 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Could you please be so kind as to provide those of us who have bought the cover from other sources the part numbers for the stud and nut. This post is like a tease. lol

The stud number is W710464-S437. I am not quite sure how many you will need. I was told 8.

Actually this number was given out twice before in the post, all in between the speculation of whether a tower brace would fit.
Old 6/30/06 | 07:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by bigplayrayr
The stud number is W710464-S437. I am not quite sure how many you will need. I was told 8.

Actually this number was given out twice before in the post, all in between the speculation of whether a tower brace would fit.
I'm confused, it looks like the cover only attatches at 4 points, two on the top two bolts of the throttle body and two towards the rear of the cover/intake. Where do the 8 studs go?
Old 7/1/06 | 07:36 AM
The Analog Admin!

Host Images with PicTiger CLICK TO ENLARGE!

Time to End any Confusion. I Installed one this Morning! Here are the CORRECT Part numbers and Torque Specs. This is INCH Pounds Remember NOT FOOT Pounds! You need Qty 2 Part# w520411-s437 5mm Flanged Nuts and Two W712289-s437 Step Studs 6mm at the Base 5mm at the top! PIC 3 is 05/06 Bolt vs 07 Stud. Side NoteYour Local Dealer will probably want to sell you Package Quantities. The Studs come Pack o Two and the Nuts Pack o four!

kc
Old 7/1/06 | 07:43 AM
The Analog Admin!

Picture Album with PicTiger

Yes My Motor is Dirty! The Car is getting traded in a week or so! Here are all the Mounting points. NOTE on the 07 they Do not have the Little Wiring Snap mount no the Passenger Side do not sweat it.

BTW, There are 218 Covers on B/O at Ford this Am. Close to a Hundred are mine. They will trickle in every week in the Order I placed my order with Ford. The Hardware is also on Back Order and I notified Customer Service they would need to Beef Up Demand.

Note!!!!!!!! I wanted to make Absolutely Sure these were going to work before posting part numbers. People seem to take my posts as gospel and I did not want the Wrong Info going out and people ordering a ton of wrong hardware ! It would not have been good. The other part Numbers floating around are an example of this. I am sure some have ordered these and they are wrong!
Old 7/1/06 | 08:07 AM
The Analog Admin!

If you are happy with this Info and found it useful Please send one dollar to HAPPY GUY attention Homer Simpson!LOL

Off to Work for another Saturday Round of Catch up! Think I will take the 05 for one of our Last Drives before the 07 Hits!

kc
Old 7/1/06 | 08:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks KC, so 1 bag of each is what we should get? And donate extra pieces to other TMC'rs!
Old 7/1/06 | 09:31 AM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by Stoenr
Thanks KC, so 1 bag of each is what we should get? And donate extra pieces to other TMC'rs!
I will be Selling 2 and 2 Since I stock them. But Most Dealers unless they are stocking a part will want to sell you a pack. I did not check but I believe the Studs at the back could use the Nuts also as a more secure hold down than just the Snap Clips. I will verify after work.
Old 7/1/06 | 09:33 AM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by Hatchman
Looks like it clears the Cover easily. Are you concerned about it clearing the Shelby hood or the regular hood? Looks like that is on your '05, and I would think the Shelby Strut bar would clear the Shelby Hood. Is that part on your hot sheet? Looks simple and effective.
My Concern it the Clearance from bar to under hood on the non shelby hood. In the Hood Pad Area.
Old 7/1/06 | 11:52 AM
The Analog Admin!

GOOD NEWS FOR 07 OWNERS! No Studs Required for Cover Install. Just Need the Nuts! NOTE Throttle
Body Does not have the Raised Rectangular Bossess on Top like the 05/06. It is not an Issue just different.
Old 7/1/06 | 02:07 PM
The Analog Admin!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran my Ford Monthly PARTS update Price Tape Last night and am Slowly Filtering out the MUSTANG PARTS PARTS PRICE INCREASES. I got SOME BAD NEW ON THE ENGINE COVER! It went UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$1.24 Anybody want to cancel??? LOL

I was Afraid it would Double or triple in Price! It still could at some Point! But we are Safe for July it Seems!

Enjoy ,
kc
Old 7/3/06 | 11:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered the studs and nuts today. $11 plus tax. Stupid markups! They look like something you could get at a hardware store for $2 total. Parts guy said he didn't trust someone else's part numbers, but he couldn't find his own, so he had to take Kevin's. It worked ok, but the price seems a bit much.
Old 7/3/06 | 12:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Haha Jim, that's why I printed out Kevins picture of the parts bag and brought it in with me to order.
They are right tho not trusting someone else part #
I cant count the times I called one dealer for a part, they didn't have, they run it on the locator for me, have our driver go pick it up and whadya know, wrong part.
Old 7/5/06 | 10:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Well my cover finally showed up today. Now I'm just waiting on the mounting hardware. Here is a pic I took with my camera phone.
Attached Thumbnails Factory Engine Cover $$$$$$$$$-9baaa7e9f087.jpg  
Old 7/5/06 | 11:50 AM
GT Member

I responded on February 10th that I had to have one of those. Where does that place me in line Kevin????
Old 7/5/06 | 12:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Well my cover finally showed up today. Now I'm just waiting on the mounting hardware. Here is a pic I took with my camera phone.
Nice Mike, nice quality for a camara phone too!
Old 7/5/06 | 12:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by NuPony05
I responded on February 10th that I had to have one of those. Where does that place me in line Kevin????
Unless you resent him an email a few weeks back you might not be in line at all. Kevin had posted a message including the information you needed to send him. My cover did not come from him incase anyone thinks I might be butting in line.
Old 7/5/06 | 02:27 PM
The Analog Admin!

Order Info

REFERENCE FROM POST 242 on ORDER LIST.

The Covers should be releasing soon. This is an old topic and some have emailed or posted their desire to purchase this cover. I am sure some no longer want this cover and some may have slipped through the cracks as far as being on my list. Also your C/C and Shipping Address info may have changed! At this time the covers are still dirt cheap and I believe they will come with all the hardware. I do not know at this time if it will clear strut braces. Also it is my belief they will be the dark version as shown in the last pic posted. To verify my list and add those who want to order the cover please do the following.

email to clevparts@aol.com

In the Subject Line Put ENGINE COVER ORDER
If you Posted your Desire to order your Cover in Forum please put post #
Please Submit
Name
Shipping Address
C/C Billing Address {indicate if same}
Daytime Phone Number!

I will contact you for C/C Info as or if Needed.

Thanks!
KC

Be Aware I have a Backlog of emails at the Moment and I will answer asap. You Guys are Really Keeping me Hopping!

Quick Reply: Factory Engine Cover $$$$$$$$$