Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Bad News For Shelby & Gt/cs Conversions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/07, 05:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just send him an email with the subject including "hot sheets" the info is in his signature.
Old 3/4/07, 03:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

BUMP for any new info?????

GT/CS fascias specifically....
Old 3/5/07, 01:27 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,578 Likes on 1,907 Posts
I do Not Believe FORD is Going to Adjust The GT/CS Bumper Prices at this Point. At This Point Ford Has Basically Priced me Out of Game on GT/CS Front and Rear Covers. At this Time I believe the Best Deal and Pricing will be Had At your Local Dealer Purchasing The Genuine Ford Accessory Bumper Kits. Due to The Short Mark up In Genuine Ford Accessories and the Cost of Shipping The Items buying Local Should Be your Best Deal. Ford Finally Released these Kits Right Before the OE Cover Increase. The Numbers have Been Around For Some Time. 6r3z6320049aa Is the Front Kit. V6's Will Require More Parts Which I can Supply If Needed. The Rear Kit is 6r3z6320049ba.
Note The GT/CS Rear Cover Can Be Used On Shelby Conversions However the Lower Sides will need to Be Painted Black if you want the True GT-500 Look. The True Gt-500 rear Bumper can Be Purchased But it is Quite Spendy Compared to Almost Identical GT/CS Kit Bumper.

Now As Far As the Shelby Front Kits I can Still Supply These at a Competitive Price. Ford offers No Accessory Kit on These. Request My Hotsheets for Current Pricing.

If Ford Decides to Reprice the OE Covers which I was Selling in the Past I will post an Update here!

Kind of a Bummer I can Not competitively Sell a Product on the Internet anymore I promoted so Heavily For FORD!

KC
Old 3/6/07, 08:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dirty pool I think.

Well, the good news is that there are many part you are still very competitive with in my understanding.

Thanks for your help Kevin.

Also, what is a good price I should expect to hear from a legit dealer? Easy way to tell if my dealer is truthful or an opportunist.

thanks again
Old 3/7/07, 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Next question:

My dealer is telling me he can get the parts for ~$750 (both front and rear fascias.

Is this a good price?

He is also telling me they will paint and install both for ~$520.

High price, average price, low price??? Someone is going to have to paint them, so if they are painting, they may as well put them on in the process right? Save me a headache...
Old 3/7/07, 11:00 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so i'm kinda curious..
god forbid i mess up my front bumper.. how much would a new cover now set me back (ballpark)?
all in all, how much is the increase? i remember the GT500 brakes were raised almost 100%
Old 3/7/07, 11:50 AM

Current Accessory Prices are listed for Reference in My Hotsheets. I hate to List Prices in Forums Since they are Always Subject to Change. Whenever Ordering Parts of this Expense it Certainly Does not Hurt To Ask for a 10-15% Courtesy Discount from your Local Supplier. Remember you Will be Paying Local Sales Tax as Well. Svt your Pricing is Not out of Line BTW.
Old 3/9/07, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

In response to my inquiry as to a courtesy discount, given my purchase and installation of an FRPP FR3 kit (not cheap), and potential purchase, paint and installation of the GT/CS fascias from him, my dealer is now telling me there is no mark-up in the prices he quoted and I noted above and that all it includes are parts and labor and they are not allowed to mark up the prices on a plan purchase.

Am I wrong in my thinking that the labor estimate for paint and install of two fascias ($520) includes a good mark-up or no...

thanks
Old 3/9/07, 10:17 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by futuresvt
In response to my inquiry as to a courtesy discount, given my purchase and installation of an FRPP FR3 kit (not cheap), and potential purchase, paint and installation of the GT/CS fascias from him, my dealer is now telling me there is no mark-up in the prices he quoted and I noted above and that all it includes are parts and labor and they are not allowed to mark up the prices on a plan purchase.

Am I wrong in my thinking that the labor estimate for paint and install of two fascias ($520) includes a good mark-up or no...

thanks
Just so you know to replace the entire front with some decent amount of skill should take less then 60 mins. Now the rear, I personally have never done one, should take less then that. So look at it this way, say 300 for paint, thats 220 bucks for them spend an hour working on your car, cause you know there would be 2-4 guys doing it quickly. That is my 2 cents tho.
Old 3/10/07, 07:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Because of the price increase, I ended up having to get my GT/CS front fascia from the dealer. I got a 15% discount off of MSRP and they are charging me $150 to paint it. The accessory part number comes with all the pieces need to do the conversion including instructions. IMO it is very easy to do the swap yourself and save a few bucks.
Old 3/10/07, 08:03 AM
GT Member

Tispco,
what is a ballpark cost for the GT/CS front fascia with prep and paint? Any idea on the rear as well? I have no problems installing it myself.
Thanks.
Old 3/10/07, 06:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Please advise on what price you paid with the 15% discount at the dealer. Thanks!
Old 3/10/07, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

The MSRP on the GT/CS front fascia is $399.00 and I was able to get 15% off. I had a Lincoln LS that was always in the shop, so the Lincoln parts guys know me and gave me a good price on the fascia with a little arm twisting. Paint and prep ONLY will run me $150.00. I am getting it painted next week and I am going to install it myself. I am not switching out the rear bumper cover.
Old 4/8/07, 10:12 AM

When you change out a GT rear bumper for a GT/CS, are there any other parts needed (inner fender liners, etc), or is it just a straight swap. I plan on ordering the Ford accessory kit and was wondering if it came with everything needed or if there was more parts I have to get.
Old 4/8/07, 11:58 AM

It will Have everything you need on a GT.

KC
Old 4/8/07, 03:11 PM
V6 Member

I bought my bumpers in canada I don`t think the prices have been raised yet, front Shelby bumper is 235.00 US garage price, rear GT/CS bumper 210.00 US
Old 4/8/07, 06:26 PM

Ours were that Cheap!

KC
Old 4/15/07, 10:22 PM
Cobra Member

hi 05stangkc

im so sad. i was about to order a CS front from you...

if i get it from a local dealer, does it come with all the hardware needed to install?

thanks!
Old 4/17/07, 12:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
hi 05stangkc

im so sad. i was about to order a CS front from you.

if i get it from a local dealer, does it come with all the hardware needed to install?

thanks!
It should, at least my GT/CS rear fascia did.
Old 4/20/07, 07:56 PM

For those in California and Willing to Pick up at my Store I can Still Sell the Front and Rear GT/CS Kits! Also You Can Save the Shipping on the Shelby Fronts if you Pick up Local. But you will have sales tax!

KC

Quick Reply: Bad News For Shelby & Gt/cs Conversions!!!