The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f700/)
-   -   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f700/andrew-caseys-cancer-battle-482124/)

PTRocks 5/2/10 08:43 PM

Glad to hear that Andrew's antsy and bored in the hospital. That's a very good sign that he feels strong enough to come home.

Andretti1 5/2/10 09:44 PM

Kevin

My heartfelt apologies for not catching that your son is sick till just now. I hope (and pray) that all is going well and he is recovering and on his way back to 100% health.

As you've said, cancer has touched many of us and like others my family is still dealing with my mothers diagnosis from last year for breast cancer. Its been a great drain emotionally for all of us in my family and I'm really surprised my dad hasn't had health issues just from the stress alone. While it is most certainly important that you and your wife and daughter are there for your son, make sure you all take the time to do some 'decompression' as well for yourselves. We've been encouraging my dad numerous times to get out of the house (where one of us can come over and be there if something is needed) and go do something where he can get his mind off of things and do something he enjoys. So remember its as important that your family take care of yourselves at this point as it is that you support your son during his illness.

I offer all my best wishes and prayers in support for your sons total recovery. Please keep us informed of any way we can offer help.

Andretti

ShowGT 5/2/10 10:03 PM

Kevin, I want to do something for your son and I want to make sure it is Okay with you and wife. Give me a call Central Time Kansas City (816) 507-1860.

Brandon

05stangkc 5/3/10 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by ShowGT (Post 5859756)
Kevin, I want to do something for your son and I want to make sure it is Okay with you and wife. Give me a call Central Time Kansas City (816) 507-1860.

Brandon

I am Intrigued! Left a Message!

Mgb,

Kc

05stangkc 5/3/10 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Andretti1 (Post 5859746)
Kevin

My heartfelt apologies for not catching that your son is sick till just now. I hope (and pray) that all is going well and he is recovering and on his way back to 100% health.

As you've said, cancer has touched many of us and like others my family is still dealing with my mothers diagnosis from last year for breast cancer. Its been a great drain emotionally for all of us in my family and I'm really surprised my dad hasn't had health issues just from the stress alone. While it is most certainly important that you and your wife and daughter are there for your son, make sure you all take the time to do some 'decompression' as well for yourselves. We've been encouraging my dad numerous times to get out of the house (where one of us can come over and be there if something is needed) and go do something where he can get his mind off of things and do something he enjoys. So remember its as important that your family take care of yourselves at this point as it is that you support your son during his illness.

I offer all my best wishes and prayers in support for your sons total recovery. Please keep us informed of any way we can offer help.

Andretti

Cancer is just everywhere. I am sorry to hear about your mom. We had a long battle as well with my mom. I wish you the best on your Battle.

I am definetely going to take your advice on decompressing. I need to take the wife out to Dinner very soon. She needs a break.

It is good I have a place to go and get some of this emotional issues out with my Mustang Peers. I am Very greatful for that.

Mgb,

KC

ShowGT 5/3/10 04:06 PM

I spoke with Kevin via land line this afternoon. I am working with Scott as this time, waiting on an email and I will release the intriguing news release as soon as I am given the green light.

Kevin, I know as we spoke and shared a few moments The Mustang Source has got you covered. I meant what I said and I know many here have said this as well, I meant it when I said anything, just call me and I will do anything in my power for Andrew and your family.

05stangkc 5/4/10 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc (Post 5857311)
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/obsoletek/
SILVER HORSE DONATION ITEMS NOW ON EBAY! ALL PROCEEDS TO andrewjcaseyfund

Thanks Again to Marcello at Silver Horse Racing!
http://www.silverhorseracing.com

MGB,

KC

All but one Item has a Bid! Auction Ends in two days! Thanks to all the Bidders and of course Silver Horse!

MGB,

KC

Big Poppa 5/4/10 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06 (Post 5849485)
Talked to the guys at TRUFIBER and this is what they came up with. For the next 20 hoods they sell, they will discount the hood by 20% for the customer/friend. TRUFIBER will then take another 20% off the remaining price and donate it to Andrew's Fund. This is the perfect opportunity to get the hood you have wanted, knowing a generous donation will go to Andrew in your name as well. Just mention Andrew Casey when you call TRUFIBER for your hood. This includes hoods from their Carbon Fiber line.

Do anyone have the phone number to these guys, I couldn't find it on the web site.

DevilDucky 5/4/10 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Big Poppa (Post 5861076)
Do anyone have the phone number to these guys, I couldn't find it on the web site.

Their number is (951) 270-3222

05stangkc 5/4/10 02:24 PM

TRUFIBER
264 Winfield Circle
Corona, CA 92880
PH: 951-270-3222
FX: 951-371-7675
Mon-Fri: 10am-6pm Pacific Time
Sat-Sun: Closed
www.trufiber.com
CARBON FIBER- www.trucarbon.net

Big Poppa 5/5/10 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by DevilDucky (Post 5861091)
Their number is (951) 270-3222

Thanks

I just placed the order for a Trufiber Venom Hood. They are backorder right now but the salesman said it should ship end of the week, few days something like that, lol. And I mentioned Andrew's name and told him I was a member of the forum. He thanked me for helping Andrew and will call/email me when it ships. :)

On a side note, my brother said I have lost my mind. That nobody buys a hood for a brand new car.

05stangkc 5/5/10 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Big Poppa (Post 5861974)
Thanks

I just placed the order for a Trufiber Venom Hood. They are backorder right now but the salesman said it should ship end of the week, few days something like that, lol. And I mentioned Andrew's name and told him I was a member of the forum. He thanked me for helping Andrew and will call/email me when it ships. :)

On a side note, my brother said I have lost my mind. That nobody buys a hood for a brand new car.

When it's done it will be a new car again!:)

KC

05stangkc 5/6/10 08:44 AM

Update

Andrew was supposed to be coming home today but is having complications. He is passing blood. As Soon as he is better it is back to Chemo. I was hoping for a little weekend break in between for him and my wife Terri.

Mgb,

KC

05stangkc 5/6/10 10:09 AM

ANDREW CASEY Sig Campaign.

I had a thought this morning. Ya it Happens! Here is a way to help spread the word and support Andrew's Leukemia Battle. Simply put this Link in your Sig. It will only take a minute of your time and cost nothing. Put it in your sig on whatever site you feel comfortable doing so.

https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=482124
{ SIG CAMPAIGN} I am helping to support Andrew Casey's Leukemia Battle { Son of 05stangkc}

Mgb,

KC

After Putting this in your Sig Please show your Support by posting here!
https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=482487

05stangkc 5/6/10 02:18 PM

Update!

Andrew was Released today after all. I will be taking Friday off so as to have a three Day weekend with him & Terri before they are off again for Chemo Next week!

Mgb,

KC

PTRocks 5/6/10 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc (Post 5863125)
Update!

Andrew was Released today after all. I will be taking Friday off so as to have a three Day weekend with him & Terri before they are off again for Chemo Next week!

Mgb,

KC

I hope you have a peaceful, restful weekend!

DevilDucky 5/6/10 11:04 PM

Glad to here it!!! Get some rest! Also I was at TRUFIBER today there is still time to get in on the deal they are offering!

P/S I've sent the payment for the auction!

P/P/S Keep on fighting Andrew!

montreal ponies 5/7/10 08:06 PM

Glad to hear that KC, take some time off this week-end. Things are looking up.

05stangkc 5/7/10 09:18 PM

Update

Today was a good day.

Andrew was in good Spirits and we took a Couple of drives in the Family Sedan. We also visited my Sister & her family. She is also battling Cancer but was having a good day as well and was happy to see us.

Yes

Today was a good day.

Mgb,

KC

Tommorow one of my friends and a couple of andrews friends will come by and pull some needed parts off a donor car for Andrews Project Charger while he supervises. He will enjoy that.

ShowGT 5/7/10 09:42 PM

Awesome news! Keep those spirits high bud!