The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f700/)
-   -   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f700/andrew-caseys-cancer-battle-482124/)

soitsav6 7/20/10 12:34 PM

KC, was really sad to see this strugglke that has taken over the family, hang in and tell the whole family they are being thought about, these kind of times are tough for everone

05stangkc 7/20/10 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by PTRocks (Post 5914755)
Oh KC, I'm SO SORRY to hear Sarah's not a match. My heart goes out to you and your family. My hope and prayer is that there is a match in the system for Andrew.

Results of genetic testing have shown that there is an increased probably of a match within populations of common ancestry and/or ethnicity. Where are the roots of your family tree planted?

My Wife is Scotch-Dutch-German & I am Irish & Native American.

KC

05stangkc 7/21/10 11:54 AM

UPDATE!

Andrew has been going to treatment this week & his platletes are low. Yesterday He developed a nose bleed & the blood would not clot so they had to cauterize capilaries in both nostrils to stop the bleeding.

Today the fever & infection is back & he was off to the hospital for the 4th time since diagnoses in April. Average stay is a week.

I am going back in to numb mode & just trying to keep the boat afloat.

MGB,

KC

jacostang 7/21/10 07:26 PM

Stay strong, Lots of folks are praying for all of you.......

maucoin65 7/22/10 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by jacostang (Post 5915603)
Stay strong, Lots of folks are praying for all of you.......

We know that is easier said than done, but it is the truth. Don't underestimate the power of prayer to sustain you. We're with you, Kevin.

laserred38 7/22/10 09:29 PM

Hmm...on my dad's side I am German, French, Hungarian and Irish. On my mom's side I am Spanish, Irish, Scottish and a touch of Navajo. I'll give my friend a call who's mom works at a research lab in Berkeley. They do marrow/blood donations there....

05stangkc 7/24/10 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 5916514)
Hmm...on my dad's side I am German, French, Hungarian and Irish. On my mom's side I am Spanish, Irish, Scottish and a touch of Navajo. I'll give my friend a call who's mom works at a research lab in Berkeley. They do marrow/blood donations there....

Wow!

That's quite a combo. Pretty durn unique! LMk what you find out at the Lab.

MGB,

KC

laserred38 7/24/10 01:17 PM

Will do buddy. And funny because everyone thinks I'm half Asian. I guess it's the Navajo eyes?

tigerhonaker 7/28/10 01:06 PM

Very Sorry about your Son.
I just saw this Link on S197 a few minutes ago.

tigerhonaker

05stangkc 7/31/10 08:20 AM

UPDATE

I have a little window of opportunity to spend some quality time with Andrew this weekend. We have a family friend who lives a hour or so away who has a huge vintage mopar car collection. He thinks the world of Andrew & we are going to go visit.I got a million things I should be doing but they will just have to wait. He has been wanting to do this for months. Our friend recently picked up both a Superbird and a Daytona Charger. I will try & get a pic or two.

MGB,

KC

tigerhonaker 7/31/10 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc (Post 5921398)
UPDATE

I have a little window of opportunity to spend some quality time with Andrew this weekend. We have a family friend who lives a hour or so away who has a huge vintage mopar car collection. He thinks the world of Andrew & we are going to go visit.I got a million things I should be doing but they will just have to wait. He has been wanting to do this for months. Our friend recently picked up both a Superbird and a Daytona Charger. I will try & get a pic or two.

MGB,

KC

Hope you have a good time.

tigerhonaker

PTRocks 7/31/10 10:44 AM

Enjoy the quality time!

jacostang 7/31/10 12:04 PM

Sounds great!

edumspeed 8/1/10 04:00 PM

:nice: Looking forward to the pics :grin:

VirginiaDrifter 8/1/10 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by edumspeed (Post 5921965)
:nice: Looking forward to the pics :grin:

:agree:

+1

05stangkc 8/2/10 07:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Update,

We had a nice afternoon talking and checking out the old Mopars. Andrew gets a small reprieve this week with a break from treatment.

The latest really took it's toll on his hair. Even the eyebrows are affected. The good news his his smile was all intact from seeing all the vintage hardware.

Here are a couple of pics. One with Andrew & our friend George standing by a Hemi & one of Andrew taking a pretend drive in the Daytona. I must admit I parked my behind in that car as well.

MGB,

KC

PTRocks 8/2/10 09:11 AM

Really glad to see a big smile on his face!

jacostang 8/2/10 09:18 AM

The smile says it all!

tigerhonaker 8/2/10 10:58 AM

Everyone looks to be having just a Super-Day :metal:

Nice Smile ............

Terry

edumspeed 8/5/10 09:05 AM

Good to see both of you smile :nice:

On a side note those hemi's make me :drool: