The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f700/)
-   -   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f700/andrew-caseys-cancer-battle-482124/)

MELLOWYELLOW06 4/19/10 11:07 PM

Talked to the guys at TRUFIBER and this is what they came up with. For the next 20 hoods they sell, they will discount the hood by 20% for the customer/friend. TRUFIBER will then take another 20% off the remaining price and donate it to Andrew's Fund. This is the perfect opportunity to get the hood you have wanted, knowing a generous donation will go to Andrew in your name as well. Just mention Andrew Casey when you call TRUFIBER for your hood. This includes hoods from their Carbon Fiber line.

05stangkc 4/20/10 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06 (Post 5849485)
Talked to the guys at TRUFIBER and this is what they came up with. For the next 20 hoods they sell, they will discount the hood by 20% for the customer/friend. TRUFIBER will then take another 20% off the remaining price and donate it to Andrew's Fund. This is the perfect opportunity to get the hood you have wanted, knowing a generous donation will go to Andrew in your name as well. Just mention Andrew Casey when you call TRUFIBER for your hood. This includes hoods from their Carbon Fiber line.

Wow!

Thanks to Joe for ramroding this deal and Phil & Crew at trufiber for stepping up to the plate for my son. The response to the forum is heartwarming and really makes the unbearable easier to deal with. It really helps knowing that others care.

This is one of those time when life stops you cold and your priorites change overnight. My thoughts are consumed by doing everything I can to make this situation as bearable as possible for my family. They say when one person in your family has cancer everybody has cancer and It feels more and more like that everyday.

To all those well wishers and supporters I can't thank you enough! Please visit this forum when you can to check up on andrew and please take advantage of the generous offers from our supporting vendors.

http://www.trufiber.com/

http://www.trucarbon.net/

MGB,

With an attitude of gratitude!

KC

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION.

05stangkc 4/20/10 03:09 PM

UPDATE!

We had planned on going to Knotts Berry Farms for the Fabulous Ford Car show this weekend but will have to sit it out. Andrews white count is down to .6 That means he can catch a virus, cold, etc real easy and have little to fight back with. Better to be safe on this one!

Mgb,

KC

05stangkc 4/21/10 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc (Post 5849654)
Wow!

Thanks to Joe for ramroding this deal and Phil & Crew at trufiber for stepping up to the plate for my son. The response to the forum is heartwarming and really makes the unbearable easier to deal with. It really helps knowing that others care.

This is one of those time when life stops you cold and your priorites change overnight. My thoughts are consumed by doing everything I can to make this situation as bearable as possible for my family. They say when one person in your family has cancer everybody has cancer and It feels more and more like that everyday.

To all those well wishers and supporters I can't thank you enough! Please visit this forum when you can to check up on andrew and please take advantage of the generous offers from our supporting vendors.

http://www.trufiber.com/

http://www.trucarbon.net/

MGB,

With an attitude of gratitude!

KC

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION.

Clevenger Ford has gave me the Blessing to tie into this promotion. Anybody purchasing a Hood from Trufiber on the Andrew Promotion can get a $100.00 Discount off the Gt-500 Nose Conversion. I will just need a copy of the Invoice from Trufiber. I will ask Phil to Type in ANDREW CASEY PROMO on the invoice for easy verification. 1 kit per invoice.

If you need further Details please Email or call !

clevparts@aol.com
1-800-570-5554
KC

05stangkc 4/22/10 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by RedDragon777 (Post 5849278)
Hey KC i am sorry to hear about this man. It is tough cause your son is about the same age as me and it just feels so crazy. I will donate what i can and i will make my next mod purchases from 281.

I remember my 20's I thought I was indestructable. Wow that was a lifetime ago! I really appreciate your pledge and Thanks for your Support!

MGB,

KC

05stangkc 4/23/10 01:51 PM

Update

04/23/10

I was looking forward to possably working on andrews car with him this weekend a little bit if he had the energy. The wife called and his latest blood counts are very poor. They are changing his routine around and want him back up at the clinic on saturday. I just don't have a good feeling about this at all.

KC

SilverHorse-----Racing 4/23/10 02:30 PM

Another prayer to the man upstairs is on the way my friend, have faith that the new program will work where the other one seems to have failed.

PTRocks 4/23/10 05:35 PM

It seems really early for things to go south so quickly. My feeling is it's related to the treatment, and that it will improve once they've made the right adjustment.

SteelTownStang 4/23/10 06:08 PM

KC, So very sorry. My prayers go out to you and you family. God bless.

2005mach1 4/24/10 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc (Post 5851947)
Update

04/23/10

I was looking forward to possably working on andrews car with him this weekend a little bit if he had the energy. The wife called and his latest blood counts are very poor. They are changing his routine around and want him back up at the clinic on saturday. I just don't have a good feeling about this at all.

KC

Kevin, i was in the hospital for 23 days following the cell count dropping to .17. Keep in mind his white cells are not produced as fast as other cells. Guys keep in mind an average male has a white count of 6.00- 9.00 so .7 is like 70 cents when he need 6 dollars. I believe the count can get back up, but it take a while. Please dont fear the worse, white counts vary from week to week, even month to month.

My prayers are with you, and your son. Keep a good head, stay positive, attitude is everything , We will be watching the post ,keep us informed.

stngfever 4/24/10 09:42 PM

Kevin,

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family from the Riley's in MI.

Your Friend Scott

2005mach1 4/25/10 07:46 PM

Kevin, just an added note, my count remains 2.37- 3.75 varying every month. has been that way for 6 years.
God know our troubles and joys alike.

maucoin65 4/26/10 10:31 AM

Kevin: Check your work and the fund emails. I just sent you a message. Thanks.

We are interceding in prayer for you and your family; notably your precious son, Andrew. Mike

05stangkc 4/26/10 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by maucoin65 (Post 5853626)
Kevin: Check your work and the fund emails. I just sent you a message. Thanks.

We are interceding in prayer for you and your family; notably your precious son, Andrew. Mike

Thanks Mike!

As I told you in my email this A.M. & will now share with the members, Andrew is fighting a very high fever yesterday & today. It hit as high as 104.1 My wife ran him up this A.M. to the clinic for I.V. antibiotics. It's a blessing my wife has had LVN training and can put those skills to work an Andrew. I hope to hear some good news soon. Prayers are most welcome & needed at this time. Also thanks again for the donation.

Also , good thing we did not go to the Car show at knotts. That could have been a disaster.

MGb,

KC

maucoin65 4/26/10 10:46 AM

Retreat and save for another day. He WILL attend next year with you !!!

05stangkc 4/26/10 11:46 AM

Update,

Andrews, being admitted to the hospital and will be getting a blood transfusion.

KC

PTRocks 4/26/10 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc (Post 5853638)
Thanks Mike!

Prayers are most welcome & needed at this time.

KC

Coming up.

maucoin65 4/26/10 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by PTRocks (Post 5853691)
Coming up.

You've got the prayers, Kevin. Been there, done this with my Dad. Andrew should be feeling better with the transfusion / infusion of untis of whole blood. Hang with him; tell him how many are "standing in the gap" with and for him.

BlueSkyVert 4/26/10 04:38 PM

I am really sorry to hear about this, KC. It's so hard to see people you love, especially your child, go through something like this...especially twice!

My husband, who is also my soulmate and best friend, has been fighting colon cancer since February 2009 when we discovered it. He is now 31 years old. He has had surgery to remove it from the colon and liver (spread by blood, not by infected lymph nodes) and there was one last pelvic tumor that seems to have been eradicated by chemo, but we'll be doing an MRI to make sure. He is amazingly strong, works full time, and looks healthy as an ox. I know I couldn't be as strong if it were me...even though I wish it were me instead of him. I cannot imagine how you feel as a father :(

The devil of this disease is that it is so unpredictable. The battle seems like it never ends, even when the scans are clean. I wish you the best of luck, and hope that we do find a way to crack the code of cancer and find out a better way to know when it's lurking on a micrometasis level and ultimately keep it from coming back FOR GOOD.

05stangkc 4/27/10 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by BlueSkyVert (Post 5853951)
I am really sorry to hear about this, KC. It's so hard to see people you love, especially your child, go through something like this...especially twice!

My husband, who is also my soulmate and best friend, has been fighting colon cancer since February 2009 when we discovered it. He is now 31 years old. He has had surgery to remove it from the colon and liver (spread by blood, not by infected lymph nodes) and there was one last pelvic tumor that seems to have been eradicated by chemo, but we'll be doing an MRI to make sure. He is amazingly strong, works full time, and looks healthy as an ox. I know I couldn't be as strong if it were me...even though I wish it were me instead of him. I cannot imagine how you feel as a father :(

The devil of this disease is that it is so unpredictable. The battle seems like it never ends, even when the scans are clean. I wish you the best of luck, and hope that we do find a way to crack the code of cancer and find out a better way to know when it's lurking on a micrometasis level and ultimately keep it from coming back FOR GOOD.

Very Nice post! Thank You!

Update

Andrew had a very close call yesterday. His Blood pressure dropped dramatically and he had fluid in his lungs. My wife said { We could have lost him } My wife had to make a mad dash from the clinic to the hospital to get him attended to. Thankfully it is only accross the street. Her being an LVN and having been down this road before really makes a difference. I am thankful she is able to be there for him. I am so shaken by this. It was too close for comfort.

Mgb,

KC