Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

2007 GT-500 vs 2007 GT/CS Roushcharged

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/07, 01:11 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,536 Likes on 1,871 Posts
2007 GT-500 vs 2007 GT/CS Roushcharged

ALthough I have Only Had My GT-500 Since Friday I Thought I would Share Some Observations and Impressions Which Might Be Helpful to Those Considering a Gt-500 or SuperCharging a Gt. Or Just Modifing any 05 up Stang. Again I have Only Had The 500 a Short time but the C/S is Sold and Leaving in a Week so I thought I would Post While My Impresions are fresh. My Comments are Based on My Personal Preferences as to What I Like In a Mustang.

Lets Start With Appearance. I like The FRONT Look Better on the 500 Better Than The CS Mainly Due to The Stripes and The Aggressive Front Fascia. Now a Set of Lemans Stiripes Would Do a Lot To Lessen the Gap in This Area. Oh BTW I now know why the 500 Has those Vents on the Hood. With That Big Engine in that Small Bay it Gets Hot! When I park it you can See The Heat Exhausting out of them Bigtime!

I do Like The Side Scoops on The Cs and Wish The 500 Had Them. I could Add Them as The Super Snake is Going to Use Them But The Car is Way too New For Me to Even Consider Drilling Any Holes. I also Prefer The Rocker Stripes on The 500 To The Mid Stripes on the CS. Also Satin Silver Stripes Possably In the Same Spot or On The Rockers on the CS Would Give the CS an Advantage with the Scoops. As Far as The Wheels and Tires I prefer the Look of The Polished Bullits and BFG Tires vs The Just OK Looking Goodyear Tires. I do Not Care for The Ripply Looking Sidewalls and The Wheels are Just ok. I would Prefer the Same Size of Rim and Tire as the 500 Has Though!

As far as The Rear I had a GT-500 Spoiler on the Back. It is Off in this pic being Reinstalled Shortly so The 500 wins on Appearance only Due to Lack of Stripes and Of course the 500 Has That Cool Snake in the Back.

As Far as Ride The CS is More Comfortable and Quieter as far as Road Noise. I have Not had a chance to Test the Brakes on The 500 but I would surmise under regular Driving conditions the Big 500 Brakes would not Be that Noticable but if you were heating them up they would shine as far a Fade.

On My Black 05 I went with the All Dark Charcoal and Found it a Bit Bland for my Tastes so on the CS I went for the Parchment which is a Lot Brigher and Definitely Cooler When the Car Sits.The 500 Has the Dark Charcoal with the Red Option only but no thanks on a blue car! We had a Scorcher Yesterday and you can really Tell how Much cooler the Cs was vs the 500. Also I will miss the Power Passenger Seat altough nobody in my Family is so short to Need Them but with my wife having Fibro myalga which has her in constant pain so the Adjustability may have helped to make her more comfortable as a Passenger. The Heated feature is not really needed here in california but it was a neat option. As Far as The Gauges The 500 Gauge Pack Wins Hands Down. It is So Performace looking. Something else about the 500 seats They have extra side bolstering which while adding to keeping you in place also makes for a hotter feeling seat for my wide Frame. I do Like The The Padded Dash,Console Lid and Metal Pedal Pads which the 500 have. These Options were Not Available on the CS but you Could Get Them on a GT, Go Figure. I added the Pedals to The CS but Never Got around the The Lid. Adding The Dash was Way To Spendy after the Fact. Even though The All Black Steering Wheel adds to the Starkness I do Like It a Bit Better maybe Just Cause it is New and Different to me.

As far as The Transmission the 6 Speed is Definetly cool But The Gt 5 Speed is easier to Drive and All you Really Need. The Clutch Is Stiffer and Harder to Get away from a Stop Sign on the 500. I am Just Saying if you have a Gt and are thinking you Need a Six Speed I think you could Spend your Money better elseware.

As Far As The Engine and Power of course the 500 is more impressive but not as much as I thought it would be compared to my
427r Spec Roushcharger. Let me elaborate on this. The 500 has a lot more torque and is more forgiving if you don't downshift or upshift at the proper times to optimize power. In the Real World a STOCK Gt-500 Driver could get embarrassed by The CS in a Slow Roll to Say 80-100 Mph Blast. Or at Least put in a very respectable Showing. I have No Point of reference above these Speeds LOL! Now Here is The Catch. Roush Recently Released a Pulley and Tune which could Narrow The gap even Further without voiding the Warranty So I am Told. This is as Far as I would have Personally gone Had I kept the Cs. Now Here is The catch. The 500 Is Detuned From the Factory and a Cold Air And Tune will put the 500 way out Front. But I am Comparing what I have at the moment.

Conclusion

I did Not Realize how Good a Car I Had already. If I did Not Get THE DEAL on The 500 I could Not See Spending more than 10k Over MSRP on a 500 if STOCK 500 Performance is what you are after.I am not Agreeing with ADM's But it is a reality. Now realize my preferences are Strait Line Blasts only so that is where my opinion is Coming from. Also My opinion comes from a working Stiff so if you are a High Roller Than thats a Different Story also. AT This Point I would Rate My GT/CS on a Scale of 1-10 an 8 with 9 Being the Final Result had I finished the Planned Mods. I would Rate My 500 a 9 and Becoming a 9.5 when the Mods are done.A Ten is Not acheiveable Because some of the Things I would Like to change I will not due to Cost or Devaluing a Shelby.

Do the Math Consider the Options and Build The Mustang of you Dreams. That is The Beauty of the New Stang. I hope this Helps!

It is a Pleasure to be Here on Tms! I can't Thank all of you enough for the Friendship and The business. If it were not for TMS I probably never would have purchased my first s197 back in 04!

P.S.

Don't Get the Idea I do Not Love My 500 I do, it is Just that I did not Realize what a Great Package I had Going with My Roushcharged GT/CS. It is a Great Alternative to the 500! Wish I could Have Both!

MGB,

KC
Attached Thumbnails 2007 GT-500 vs 2007 GT/CS Roushcharged-gtcs5001.jpg   2007 GT-500 vs 2007 GT/CS Roushcharged-gtcs500.jpg   2007 GT-500 vs 2007 GT/CS Roushcharged-gt500mill.jpg   2007 GT-500 vs 2007 GT/CS Roushcharged-gtcsmill.jpg  
Old 7/15/07, 01:56 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all i gotta say is u mentioned de-valuing a shelby. its unfortunate there r such mark ups because i personally wouldnt pay anything over sticker which is probably why i wont own one ever or in the near future. the values of the 03/04 cobras will tell u the fate of a GT500 and if i ever got one, bye bye shelby badges...look on the ford racing wedbsite....they refer to all the parts as 07 mustang cobra parts
Old 7/15/07, 02:03 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice right up man, does the supercharger whine at low rpms or when you take of slightly hard? is it any louder than the roushcharger? handling any bteer?any blind spots?
different weight distribution since it has the 5.4?
Old 7/15/07, 05:54 PM
V6 Member

Ha...didnt realize you were just right down the road from me.

be careful with your new baby KC. Just found out that Visalia now ranks 3rd in the nation for stolen cars / per capita in 2006. Only Vegas and Stockton beat it out.

Out of the top ten 5 of them were in CA. Fresno being #8.

My baby stays in my garage or on a military installation most of the time so hopefully that will help its odds of not being a target.

Hope to see you on the road KC as i go down to Visalia pretty often.
Old 7/15/07, 06:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice write-up Kevin and alot of honestly went into it. It's nice to have cars from both worlds and get an unbaised opinion. Personally a modded GT gets my vote only because IMO it's more unique and and as Frank would say, "I did it my way"!
Old 7/15/07, 07:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Granted I've never even driven a GT500 but here's why it's more apealing to me:

POTENTIAL!!!

Nothing makes me lust after a car like a forged bottom end and all the boost I could be throwing at it.
Old 7/16/07, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by boduke0220
nice right up man, does the supercharger whine at low rpms or when you take of slightly hard? is it any louder than the roushcharger? handling any bteer?any blind spots?
different weight distribution since it has the 5.4?
Both Cars Have Blower Whine with Moderate Acceleration. You Do Not Really Hear Them just Cruisin. The 500 Definetly Likes Cooler Temperatures as You can Really Feel The Power Difference From When its Cooler in the Morning to When you have Been Runing Hard in the Heat. Thats what Happens when you have a Huge Engine in a Small bay. The CS is Less Sensitive to Heat Soak.

I would Say the 500 Handles Better But It Feels Heavier and you Know you have that extra weight up front. Also it is Stiffer and Has More Road Noise.

As Far as Visability It Is Just About the same. The 500 Spoiler Seems to Stick up a Tad More than the CS with the 3d Carbon 500 Style Spoiler. On a Side Note the Lemans Stripes in the Rear View Reminds you what you are Driving and that is Cool!

KC
Old 7/16/07, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Camulos
Ha...didnt realize you were just right down the road from me.

be careful with your new baby KC. Just found out that Visalia now ranks 3rd in the nation for stolen cars / per capita in 2006. Only Vegas and Stockton beat it out.

Out of the top ten 5 of them were in CA. Fresno being #8.

My baby stays in my garage or on a military installation most of the time so hopefully that will help its odds of not being a target.

Hope to see you on the road KC as i go down to Visalia pretty often.
I believe Honda's are the ones Getting Stolen a lot and We do Have a Lot of Hondas Locally.Hopefully they will Stick to those but I do not wish on anybody to have their Car Stolen. It would be Nice to Meet you Sometime! I plan on Attending any Local Car Shows I can Take the Shelby to So Look For Me There!

KC
Old 7/16/07, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bullitt995
Granted I've never even driven a GT500 but here's why it's more apealing to me:

POTENTIAL!!!

Nothing makes me lust after a car like a forged bottom end and all the boost I could be throwing at it.
That's The $ 100.00 question. If Stock GT-500 Style Performance is what you Crave Then it Can Be Pretty Much achieved with a GT. But if you Want to Go Beyond that you can't Beat the 500 For POTENTIAL! I Agree 100%. It's Crazy That a Tune and Cold Air Can Boost the 500 So Much. It is unheard of!

KC
Old 7/18/07, 09:11 AM

UPDATE.

Babied The 500 to Work today to See If any Mileage was Attainable. Not That I bought it For Fuel Economy Mind You. I have a Half Hour Drive Mostly Highway and Freeway About 8 Traffic Light Stops and The A/C On with Very Little Traffic as I come in the Wee Hours of the A.M. Data as Per Message Center. 60mph Average Speed 20.8 MPG. Not Bad. I am Curious how a CAI and Tune would do. We Shall See!
I will be Starting a New Forum in Oem Parts Section Soon Which Will Show Any Mods and or Observations Relating to The 500. BTW It seems to Have more Road Noise The My Previous Two Cars. Seems to Me The Louder exhaust in the Other Two Might Have Been Masking Road Noise with the Healthier Exhaust Note. I am Considering Some Form of Insulation under the Carpet To tone it Down. I like to Hear That Shaker 1000 a Bit More Clearly. MOds on the Way. Web Electric OEM Plug and Play Sequentials and New IPOD Interface which Allows Total Control of Ipod Through Radio. Cai and tune . New Wheels And Tires Likely SHELBY CS69 In 18" When they Release. Other Than That we shall see.

KC
Old 7/18/07, 11:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

I would look into a blower pulley upgrade when you get the CAI+tune
Old 7/18/07, 11:55 AM
GT Member

Hey Kevin,

Congrats on the new ride. Now get a new CAI, Tune and Kenne Bell blower and crank that baby up to 800hp!!!

When you get a chance PM me with GT500 chin spoiler price, I've been thinking of adding one to my GT.

Thanks
Tom Martin
Old 7/18/07, 12:38 PM
GT Member

Great post. I have driven pretty much every version of the 05+ Mustangs out there. Built NA cars, procharged, Vortech'd, Roushcharged, Saleen blown, Whipple, and a GT-500 with and without a tune. The GT-500 with the tune was definately the most fun street car but without the tune the Saleen, Roush, and Whipple cars were right there. The biggest benefit to me with the Shelby is the potential. I don't need the word Shelby on the car but a 5.4 with forged internals is tough to beat. The roots blower cars will hang with a stock Shelby but the internals are just not up to snuff.
Old 7/18/07, 04:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 774 Likes on 566 Posts
I want a shelby
Old 9/17/07, 02:56 PM

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11/14/07, 06:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

nice write up man
Old 11/15/07, 05:50 PM

Thanks!

I have a C&L Intake & BAMACHIPS Tune Due in tommorrow For My Shelby. If it Hits I hope to Install this Weekend. I will see how it affects my Perspective.
Old 1/10/08, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Thanks!

I have a C&L Intake & BAMACHIPS Tune Due in tommorrow For My Shelby. If it Hits I hope to Install this Weekend. I will see how it affects my Perspective.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=73722
Bamachips Tune