Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

2005 Mustang Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 4/16/05, 11:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Going_Gray@April 16, 2005, 11:46 AM
maucoin65, at some point I grabbed one of your pix as my desktop background--gotta love those MG GT's. As nice as that car cover is, I don't think I'll be updating my background with any of your new pix.
Hey Paul---I don't blame you; looks pretty drab with the cover on it, huh??

Great sense of humor there, Paul. Please keep my other pic as your desktop background. Much easier on the eye.

And Kevin: You're very welcome. We appreciate all you do for us here on TMS.
Old 4/16/05, 07:43 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice cover Mike ,I picked up the ford one myself and its a little different than yours .
I wish kevin would sell and ship to Canada ,wouldn't mind doing some sales with him .Sounds like a great guy from what everyone is saying.
Old 4/19/05, 10:47 PM

Originally posted by Ripstang@April 16, 2005, 7:46 PM
Nice cover Mike ,I picked up the ford one myself and its a little different than yours .
I wish kevin would sell and ship to Canada ,wouldn't mind doing some sales with him .Sounds like a great guy from what everyone is saying.
Yes, mine is a little different from the one in the 2005 Mustang Accessories brochure. But I do like the way mine tucks way under the front and read ends, and has the one inch elastic hem around the entire bottom.

Kevin is really a pleasure to deal with; too bad indeed that he can't or won't ship to Canada.

Kevin? Any way you can help out our friends to the North?
Old 4/20/05, 07:11 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
It's not that I do not want to It's just a real bear with paperwork and its costs vary due to customs package restrictions etc. In the end I can not accurately estimate costs.I would not want to quote prices and then be way off. It would not look good! In the end the savings is nill! It was a lot easier before 911.
Sorry!

kc
Old 4/21/05, 09:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I want to let all know that I second Mike's motion about Kevin. He is a pleasure to deal with, a straight shooter, professional, and is great to talk Mustangs with!

I just ordered the same car cover for my car. Lightning quick response to e-mail and great to deal with on the phone. He also upsells very well.. I ended up getting the Mustang Tri-bar center caps (not the spinners) for my bullits and a locking gas cap too. By enclosing a catalog with my order he's guaranteeing himself more sales from me; I just know I'm going to find more things to buy!

Kevin, we are truly lucky to have you here at TMS. Honesty, great prices and excellent service; buy from Kevin!

Thanks again!
Mike
Old 4/21/05, 01:50 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks very Much guys I appreciate effort but it pretty much was the same conclusion that I came to that Kevin was saying .It would be harder for him to judge prices for each Province has its own taxing system plus rate exchange,shipping ...etc.There probably wouldn't be a cost savings in the end ...just great service
Old 4/21/05, 01:53 PM

Originally posted by Ripstang@April 21, 2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks very Much guys I appreciate effort but it pretty much was the same conclusion that I came to that Kevin was saying .It would be harder for him to judge prices for each Province has its own taxing system plus rate exchange,shipping ...etc.There probably wouldn't be a cost savings in the end ...just great service
I appreciate the understanding!

kc
Old 4/21/05, 02:12 PM

Originally posted by blackhat97@April 21, 2005, 10:00 AM
I want to let all know that I second Mike's motion about Kevin. He is a pleasure to deal with, a straight shooter, professional, and is great to talk Mustangs with!

I just ordered the same car cover for my car. Lightning quick response to e-mail and great to deal with on the phone. He also upsells very well.. I ended up getting the Mustang Tri-bar center caps (not the spinners) for my bullits and a locking gas cap too. By enclosing a catalog with my order he's guaranteeing himself more sales from me; I just know I'm going to find more things to buy!

Kevin, we are truly lucky to have you here at TMS. Honesty, great prices and excellent service; buy from Kevin!

Thanks again!
Mike
Yes, we are very lucky to have Kevin on board.

I got the tri-bar pony center caps from my local dealer (after he insisted that they were priced individually and not as a set of 4, thus bringing the price to over $200, only to find out that they ARE in fact priced as a set of 4); but I got the locking gas cap from Kevin (which the same aforementioned parts department could not even locate in the computer), and of course the cover also came from Kevin.

I also bought a bottle of P3 Windveil Blue touch up paint from Kevin, with the locking gas cap order. Good thing, as I have had the car almost 2 months and I have not yet received the gift from Ford and my dealer of a bottle of touch up paint, that many of the folks here on TMS reported receiving. My salesman said that my dealership did in fact participate in that promotion, but no gifts have yet arrived in my mail. Typical.

Pros like Kevin Casey and Paul / Karpro are spoiling us. That is almost sad however, as they should be the rule and not the exception. Sign of the times; but it makes us sincerely appreciate those guys tremendously.
Old 4/21/05, 04:23 PM

I ran out of covers today but reordered and hope to have 6 more by late next week! You guys are spoiling me with all the great comments!

kc
Old 4/22/05, 08:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Kevin, what is the price of the car cover, I didn't see it in any of the posts?
Old 4/22/05, 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by maucoin65+April 21, 2005, 1:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maucoin65 @ April 21, 2005, 1:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-blackhat97@April 21, 2005, 10:00 AM

Thanks again!
Mike
Yes, we are very lucky to have Kevin on board.

I got the tri-bar pony center caps from my local dealer (after he insisted that they were priced individually and not as a set of 4, thus bringing the price to over $200, only to find out that they ARE in fact priced as a set of 4); but I got the locking gas cap from Kevin (which the same aforementioned parts department could not even locate in the computer), and of course the cover also came from Kevin.

I also bought a bottle of P3 Windveil Blue touch up paint from Kevin, with the locking gas cap order. Good thing, as I have had the car almost 2 months and I have not yet received the gift from Ford and my dealer of a bottle of touch up paint, that many of the folks here on TMS reported receiving. My salesman said that my dealership did in fact participate in that promotion, but no gifts have yet arrived in my mail. Typical.

Pros like Kevin Casey and Paul / Karpro are spoiling us. That is almost sad however, as they should be the rule and not the exception. Sign of the times; but it makes us sincerely appreciate those guys tremendously.
[/b][/quote]

I got a free bottle of touch up paint by registering my car at MyFord.com. They sent some coupons and stuff too!
Old 4/22/05, 02:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Janet,

http://myford.com is a parts company in England, what is the exact link to where you signed up for the free touch up paint????
Old 4/22/05, 03:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by moc1976@April 22, 2005, 2:48 PM
Janet,

http://myford.com is a parts company in England, what is the exact link to where you signed up for the free touch up paint????
My Ford
Old 4/27/05, 02:25 PM

Got some covers in today!

kc
Old 4/27/05, 02:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

One of those better be mine! Just kidding, I just ordered one from Kevin as well.
Old 4/27/05, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by psychen6+April 22, 2005, 3:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(psychen6 @ April 22, 2005, 3:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-moc1976@April 22, 2005, 2:48 PM
Janet,

My Ford
[/b][/quote]

OK, once at the website---WHERE is the sign up for the paint and coupons??
Old 4/27/05, 08:33 PM

Originally posted by moc1976@April 27, 2005, 12:45 PM
One of those better be mine! Just kidding, I just ordered one from Kevin as well.

It was in and out pdq!

kc
Old 4/27/05, 09:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Kevin do your ciovers have the draw string in the front and rear like the Ford ones do? I have two of the ford coveres on the Town Car and Explorer and they work great as both cars stay outside. I did have to add some weights because of the high winds this year. 2X4s tied to the hems did the trick.
Old 4/27/05, 11:14 PM

Originally posted by Mongoose@April 27, 2005, 9:37 PM
Kevin do your ciovers have the draw string in the front and rear like the Ford ones do? I have two of the ford coveres on the Town Car and Explorer and they work great as both cars stay outside. I did have to add some weights because of the high winds this year. 2X4s tied to the hems did the trick.
The one I got from Kevin (see pics on page 1 of this thread) didn't have a drawstring per se; it has a one inch elastic band hem around the entire cover. Plus, it tucks WAY under both the rear and the front bumpers, so that you get a really snug fit. If you secure it with the covered cable and padlock, you have both security from theft of the cover and a good tie down for the cover (along with the deep front and rear tuck) to keep it in place in high winds.

Check out the pictures posted earlier in this thread.
Old 5/4/05, 03:27 PM

I am currently Stocking these! Great Cover!

kc

Quick Reply: 2005 Mustang Car Cover