Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

07 wiring harness for Homelink mirror available???

Search this Thread

Old 9/2/06, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 wiring harness for Homelink mirror available???

KC,

I have heard rumors that Ford is going to have a wiring harness available for the Homelink mirror for the 2007's. I am assuming this will be for those of us that already have the comfort group with the auto-dimming compass mirror, so we can just plug that stock harness right into the Gentex Homelink harness with no splicing involved. Am I on the right track? I already have a Gentex auto-dim Homelink mirror with the temp and compass, but I would like to just be able to plug into the existing wiring from the stock compass auto-dim mirror if they are going to have a harness available to do so. Please let me know what you hear, as I will place an order for one from you as soon as you say they are available...that is if it is more than just a rumor
Old 9/20/06, 08:42 PM
Bullitt Member

KC,

Did you see this thread or get my email on the same subject? Curious minds want to know

Thanks
Old 10/1/06, 10:12 PM
Bullitt Member

KC emailed me and said he has no knowledge of such a harness. I wish Ford would have just made the Homelink mirror an option instead of just an accessory that still requires cutting and splicing.
Old 10/20/06, 10:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Craig, I'm sitting here with the 07 Ford Homelink mirror w/temp on my desk. The box from Ford shows number 4L3Z-17700-B, the harness w/attachments has number 901-0426-000 (Gentex?). The mirror is identical to that which was in my 06GT, but the harness appears to be different. When I traded in my 06 for the 07 (June, 2007), the dealer told me the new harness would be available in September. They cut out the homelink in the 06, gave it to me,and I waited.
In September, the dealer informed that there was no kit being produced; that if I wanted a Homelink for the 07, I would have to buy a new mirror. It arrived three weeks ago, and as I have not had as much time recently, both the old and the new mirrors are sitting in the living room.
I spoke to an after market accessory installer about using the old mirror, who checked into jury rigging the old one for my 07. He suggested that if the Ford parts folks could give me a copy of the schematic, he might get it to work. I mentioned this to the parts folks, and of course, they could not help me. I'm wondering if you or someone else out here might have better luck with your dealer. If so, maybe an after market installer could get this to work. Please let me know your thoughts. Semper Fi, Joe
Old 11/11/06, 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Joe,

I just finished up a bunch of digging to find out what the difference was between the mirrors and to find out the proper way to install the mirror in the 07's. Turns out that the only difference is that if you got the comfort group with the autodim mirror on the 07, that is has a reverse dim defeat. That means that when you put it in reverse it doesn't go into autodim, so you can see everything more clearly. Of course the 05-06's didn't have an autodim mirror as and option, so the the Gentex harness for those years won't support the reverse defeat in the 07's. the really good news for you is that you should be able to return the new mirror and use your old one, as I found a guy that will make you a new harness for around $40 to support the reverse defeat. In my case since I hadn't installed my mirro yet, he is just selling me the extra wire with the instructions on how to add it to the existing connector for $9. PM me if you are interested, and I will put you in touch with the gentlmen that does the harnesses. Oh, and Happy USMC B-Day one day late!

Semper Paratus,
Old 11/12/06, 09:18 AM
Bullitt Member

SO does it just plug in on our 07 with comfort group
Old 11/12/06, 03:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I am not sure how much you are paying Ford for these mirrors. Ford does not make them, Gentex does. You can order the same mirror from Mazda (it will come in a Ford box with a Mazda lable on it) for about a 120.00 cheaper, depending on which model you choose. As for wiring them in, it is a simple process, "always hot" and "ground" are common on all, then you have the reverse cancel (splices into the back up lights hot wire) and a separate lead for a temp sensor (those w/o temp use only three wires). I have installed these mirrors in all the family cars, as they are a simple cut and splice install. The one I have in my 05 GT Mustang 'Vert, came from a Mazda Tribute, (homelink, compass, auto-dim and temp indicator) I did not use the temp feature, just the other 3. Installation took about 45 mins. (wired in behind the glovebox, with reverse cancel wired in under the pass side door sill plate) Again the one Ford sells in not exclusive to Ford. The mirrors will swap in and out of various vehicles, as long as the plug that attaches to the rear of the mirror is the same type. Over the years, Gentex has used different plugs. Hope this info is useful.
Old 11/12/06, 03:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Do a homelink search in the "INTERIOR MODS" section, a whole lot of good info has been posted
Old 11/14/06, 07:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks gents !! I just wanted Temp/ auto dim, who uses a compass ??? I like being lost !
Old 5/22/07, 12:58 PM

Gentex HomeLink Harnesses are available from WembleySells on ebay.
http://stores.ebay.com/wembleysells or from www.wembleysells.com