Notices
Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Why not both??

Old 10/5/12, 12:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang View Post
With the cost of the new electrics and hybrids why cant we have both?

the cmax and the new all electric focus coming out just make me ask one thing.. why cant they make a full electric with a backup gas motor? something small(1 liter under 100 hp or even smaller)?? Hell why not just a generator to power up the battery as a backup?
Getting back on topic, Plug-In Hybrids (like the Fusion Energi and C-Max Energi) are marketed as essentially what you're looking for. I say essentially because they still have a mode where the ICE is powering the wheels directly, but they're trending in that direction over the long run.
Old 10/6/12, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri View Post
Price is in the eye of the . . . Ahh **** it! I enjoy mine so much I may sell Mach and get F150 and buy a Fox! Did I just type that?!
Nearly had a heart attack...

Not that a fox isn't a good idea. I just don't know if I could picture a world where you didn't blast around in a bright orange Mach 1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.