Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

What will happen if Ford goes under?

Search this Thread

Old 11/16/08, 03:48 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangLynda
How about incredibly IMMATURE. He's a 16 year old kid (brat?). Maybe it would hit home if daddy worked at ford and then he'd have to earn something for himself

I'll take it just one step further. IMHO, this TROLL should be banned from this website for just the simple fact alone, that he could care less as to whether or not thousands of people may end up losing their jobs.

That being said, not only is this individual, incredibly IMMATURE. But is also extremely SELFISH, and very INCONSIDERATE.

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/16/08 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11/16/08, 03:52 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go easy on junior. He will start thinking differently once he starts working for his own money.
Old 11/16/08, 04:55 PM

You have got to be joking, "Go easy on junior" ??? I don't care if he's some kid who's still living at home or not.

The bottom line, is there's just no excuse period, for not giving a rat's a$$ as to whether or not thousands of people may end up losing their jobs.
Old 11/16/08, 05:02 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Well I also heard people saying many times that they would like for Toyota to go down and Toyota employs thousands of workers in the USA. Same thing can be said about Honda and Nissan too.
Old 11/16/08, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Red Star
Well I also heard people saying many times that they would like for Toyota to go down and Toyota employs thousands of workers in the USA. Same thing can be said about Honda and Nissan too.
When it concerns U.S jobs. It's wrong for anyone to want a company to go under, and that also includes Toyota, Nissan, Honda ect....
Old 11/16/08, 06:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by BA Mustang
It actually won't bother me if they do go under. I don't by anything from ford and don't plan on it either, do most work on the mustang anyway
You shame me bro. How is it that you don't care that people lose their jobs. I'm 17 and it saddens me when I hear that people are losing their jobs eery day. AND AS THEY SAID BEFORE, ISN'T YOUR MUSTANG A FORD? Lose your ignorance and care about the people that make our country and our cars possible. You might not notice it right now, but once you become independent, you will notice the consequences of all these lost jobs. I really do hope our economy gets better and these people regain their jobs.
Old 11/16/08, 07:28 PM
Bullitt Member

I read that GM might not make it to 2009...and that Ford might be able to survive till the end of 2009...
I went to my local dealer just to check out what kind of stangs they have on their lot...It looks like all their cars are selling for MSRP...even the 'GT500'. Is this the end of ADM's ?

I feel that dealers should be partially at fault.....why the auto industry is failing...

I have a few friends that would have bought a GT500 but did not because the dealer would not sell the car for MSRP....

Old 11/16/08, 08:52 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Originally Posted by CooBra07
I read that GM might not make it to 2009...and that Ford might be able to survive till the end of 2009...
I went to my local dealer just to check out what kind of stangs they have on their lot...It looks like all their cars are selling for MSRP...even the 'GT500'. Is this the end of ADM's ?

I feel that dealers should be partially at fault.....why the auto industry is failing...

I have a few friends that would have bought a GT500 but did not because the dealer would not sell the car for MSRP....

Perfect example, guy that works for us is a die hard ford. Driven one since he had his license and he's 67 now. 4 years ago he decided to sell his Mustang for something more economical because of the distance he commutes, and Toyota won him over because of the buying experience. He's traded in every year since.

Anyone see where a Dodge dealership in Colorado I think was selling their trucks for 1/2 off? Crazy stuff...
Old 11/16/08, 11:08 PM

Hopefully the auto industry will be getting government help, long before then !

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/16/08 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11/17/08, 12:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Actually, Ford has more cash resources, and had also secured credit before the current economic meltdown took place, which will take Ford well into 2010.

This is what I understand. I heard that they have enough solvency to go through 2009.

My local dealer stated that a lot of the dealers that have recently gone out of business did so because of slow sales and a weak or none existent repairs/parts department.
Old 11/17/08, 02:55 AM
Bullitt Member

My opinion, I know why the government wants to help the automakers...but why don't the automakers just file chapter 11 to help keep the creditors off their backs and give them sometime to reorganize and restructure them selfs so they can become profitable again...just like automakers have done in the past, or the way many companies have done to get them selfs out of trouble. It's their bad decision making that got them in trouble in the first place.

Just my .02

Old 11/17/08, 03:36 AM

My opinion, I know why the government wants to help the automakers...but why don't the automakers just file chapter 11 to help keep the creditors off their backs and give them sometime to reorganize and restructure them selfs so they can become profitable again...just like automakers have done in the past, or the way many companies have done to get them selfs out of trouble. It's their bad decision making that got them in trouble in the first place.

Just my .02

IIRC, I don't believe creditors are the problem, at least not with Ford anyhow. From my understanding, Ford secured more credit, before the current economic crisis took place. And they also have enough cash reserves to operate well into 2010.

The problem, is will they have enough cash to operate beyond 2010 At any rate, I don't think our government will allow Ford and GM, to go under.
Old 11/17/08, 06:56 PM
Bullitt Member

IIRC, I don't believe creditors are the problem, at least not with Ford anyhow. From my understanding, Ford secured more credit, before the current economic crisis took place. And they also have enough cash reserves to operate well into 2010.

The problem, is will they have enough cash to operate beyond 2010 At any rate, I don't think our government will allow Ford and GM, to go under.

"There's no indication that the car companies would do anything different than what they've been doing, which has been a big failure, which is why they need the bailout. And there's no reason to throw money at a problem that is not going to get solved," the car makers need to come up with something that will show the feds that they will change the way they do business. It's not looking to good for them...

I hope somebody does something fast...

Old 11/17/08, 07:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BA Mustang
It actually won't bother me if they do go under. I don't by anything from ford and don't plan on it either, do most work on the mustang anyway
Wow what an extremely sad and insensetive comment, after everyone came down on him because of his statement he has not even bothered to appologize or even explain such a childish statement. I agree with people who say that the dealers are at fault because they dont want to budge on a price, when I bought my stang I went to Southbay Ford in Socal, I qualify for the Xplan becuase of my employer, the salesmen told me that they would not honor my Xplan because they can get full price for a Mustang wow what a jerk, I drive by this dealer everyday on my way home from work and I see the same cars their for months serves them well, this is the reason people shy away from dealers and places like Carmax are doing so well, Now places like Galpin I called the guy before driving up their I asked the guy if they honor the Xplan he said of course we do come down and I will show you the invoice, well he was true to his word so I ordered the GT/CS and even recieved a discount on the upgrade packages. I think this is why they sell so many cars and places Like Southbay ford will not survive in the long run. well its just my 02.
Old 11/17/08, 10:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Javdog
I agree with people who say that the dealers are at fault because they dont want to budge on a price, when I bought my stang I went to Southbay Ford in Socal, I qualify for the Xplan becuase of my employer, the salesmen told me that they would not honor my Xplan because they can get full price for a Mustang wow what a jerk, I drive by this dealer everyday on my way home from work and I see the same cars their for months serves them well, this is the reason people shy away from dealers and places like Carmax are doing so well, Now places like Galpin I called the guy before driving up their I asked the guy if they honor the Xplan he said of course we do come down and I will show you the invoice, well he was true to his word so I ordered the GT/CS and even recieved a discount on the upgrade packages. I think this is why they sell so many cars and places Like Southbay ford will not survive in the long run. well its just my 02.

That's exactly what I am talking about...Why do the "Car Manufactures" allow this type of things to happen...They just allow these dealers to mark up their vehicles to what ever they think they can rip people off!...That does not make any good business sense to me!!!!

Deep Breath...inhale>>>exhale.....just makes me so angry...just thinking about it. Now they are crying in need of help...I feel really bad for the workers, its not their fault, their employers made really crappy business decisions.

Old 11/18/08, 12:59 AM

"There's no indication that the car companies would do anything different than what they've been doing, which has been a big failure, which is why they need the bailout. And there's no reason to throw money at a problem that is not going to get solved," the car makers need to come up with something that will show the feds that they will change the way they do business. It's not looking to good for them...

I hope somebody does something fast...

As it covers Ford's survival plan, by CEO Allan Mulally.
In which includes his proposal for showing the feds, step by step, in how they'll be changing their ways, in order to get Ford turned around, and back to profitability.

In the meantime, I've posted the article link below !

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...811130413/1148

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/18/08 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11/18/08, 07:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's exactly what I am talking about...Why do the "Car Manufactures" allow this type of things to happen...They just allow these dealers to mark up their vehicles to what ever they think they can rip people off!...That does not make any good business sense to me!!!!

Deep Breath...inhale>>>exhale.....just makes me so angry...just thinking about it. Now they are crying in need of help...I feel really bad for the workers, its not their fault, their employers made really crappy business decisions.

Why? Because dealers are franchises and not owned by the manufacturer. The automaker can't tell them what to do in terms of pricing, nor can they make them do anything to reign in the dealers who charge a huge ADM on cars. Heck, Nissan knew off the bat that its dealers were going to mark up the GT-R, but they stood by and accepted it, as a "free market" and let the public put a "true value" on the car. Not that it makes it right.

It goes back to to the age old question, "He who has money will spend it". Can't blame a dealer who has a specialty/limited run car and someone is willing to give them $XXXXX over MSRP to have the 1st one. Would you turn away extra money for your home, if it was valued at $200,000, but someone came and offered $250,000? Dealers sell most vehicles at invoice, or a few hundred over. The one vehicle that they may get 1 or 2 of, to sell over MSRP isn't a bad idea, just make sure the markup isn't STUPID!! The highest we ever sold a GT500 was $7,000 back in early 2008! After that, they came down, as the market came down, while other dealers had their cars consistantly marked up at $10.000-$20,000 over list!
Old 11/18/08, 04:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see BA Mustang hasn't been back in this thread since his insensitive and downright stupid post! He NEEDS to apologize!!!
Old 11/18/08, 05:21 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,876 Posts
Take a Visit to link and See How the Auto Industry Effects our Economy.

It's not Just up to the Govenment it is up to All of Us. Get the Facts and Do what you Can Do.

http://www.levelfieldinstitute.org/

Last edited by 05stangkc; 11/18/08 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11/18/08, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I see BA Mustang hasn't been back in this thread since his insensitive and downright stupid post! He NEEDS to apologize!!!

Yes, he most certainly does Jeff. Otherwise, he doesn't need to come back at all !

Quick Reply: What will happen if Ford goes under?