Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Twin-Turbo, Coyote-Powered Lincoln Mark VIII: The Ultimate Sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 7/18/14, 05:26 PM
TMS Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twin-Turbo, Coyote-Powered Lincoln Mark VIII: The Ultimate Sleeper

Here's something you don't see too often: a twin-turbo, Coyote-powered Lincoln Mark VIII that pulls like a big dog on the top end. We don't know much in the way of details beyond what we can see, which is a pair of sizeable turbos hanging off a Coyote with a Cobra Jet intake manifold, but all we know is, when the owner pops the hood, our jaws drop. He actually popped the hood because of a problem, which looks like a leaky oil feed line on a turbo (the likely culprit of teething issues associated with a newly assembled combo), but it's a wicked sleeper nonetheless.

Forgive me for posting a street racing video. I don't condone it in any way, shape or form, but I just had to share this cool car. And on that note, if anyone has any additional info on this sleeper, please send it our way.

Read the rest on the Mustang Source homepage.
Old 7/18/14, 06:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
The video is mostly a bunch of other street racing until the last 3/4, and then it's more of that from another car.

If *we* can't post 'em... Just sayin'.

And also? Nothing to 'read the rest' about from that link.

Yes, I'm being critical, for constructive criticism will make a better site and postings from the staff, if this is what y'all are going to do.

/I say take it down. No need to be hypocritical about the subject of street racing, when it's been firmly batted down for years.
Old 7/20/14, 10:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
By posting that video, you ARE condoning street racing. I've brought it up time and time again that all you post on the homepage is absolute trash. Evidently the moderators have brought it up, but the staff gets to post whatever they want.
Old 9/3/14, 09:39 AM

Say hello to Miss Momba guys..
Old 9/3/14, 09:44 AM

She's a track car guys,I don't really street race the car..60-100 punch on a deserted freeway is hardly street racing,ain't no different than someone deciding they want to feel the full potential of their ponnies on an open hwy..
Old 9/3/14, 09:45 AM

Old 9/3/14, 09:48 AM

Old 9/3/14, 08:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Welcome to the forum, Momba!

But I think you need to be clarified on this. It's not your car that's the problem. Cool car even. Used to have a Mark VIII myself, and if it weren't a pain in the *** to keep running with it's goofy one off specialty crap, I might still have it... were it not stolen from me anyway and beat to smithereens, totalling it, which is fine, I kinda had gotten to hate that car by then.

Uh, anyway...

The point I made, and that should always be made, and that is NOT BEING FOLLOWED UPON, is that *video* is a problem, for if any of *US* that aren't mods or staffers put it up, we're subject to banning, or at least the thread is locked, for this site, up until this post, has NEVER condoned street racing. EVER.

This thread should have been locked. The staffer reprimanded and or banned for a couple of days or so. That it's open so that replies can be made is rather surprising.

Again, nice car, and welcome to the forums!
Old 9/3/14, 09:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

To the staffers and mods of the site.

I have officially reported the first post, and this is the message I sent with it:

Street racing videos have long been a no-no for this site. As I stated in the thread, now twice, that a staffer did it is doubly problematic.

I hereby request you guys lock the thread. And post why (No street racing tolerated, per rules.) And be consistent with the ideals, or I guess I might can start posting any street racing vids I find 'cool'.

I would also like to see the staffer banned for a couple of days for absolutely abusing the trust and understanding of the populace of these forums, who abide by the rules.

I fully understand this is a 'benevolent dictatorship', and you'll do what you will, but consistency is important. 'Do as I say, not as I do' is a sure way for this site to be less awesome and be one that I will avoid in the future if the rules aren't enforced across the board.

Thank you.

While it may sound overly melodramatic, the point is important. Are the rules changing, or are ya gonna do what you've always done to the rest of us?
Old 9/3/14, 09:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hmmmm...
Old 9/3/14, 09:05 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Have you had a lot of street racing video threads shut down houtex?

You don't seem like the type
Old 9/3/14, 11:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
To the staffers and mods of the site. I have officially reported the first post, and this is the message I sent with it: While it may sound overly melodramatic, the point is important. Are the rules changing, or are ya gonna do what you've always done to the rest of us?
Hahahah. That gave me a good laugh.

Btw, 98blkmamba, were you down in Houston this past week t Streetcar Takedown? I could he sworn I saw videos of your car there. I unfortunately couldn't make it this year, hopefully next year when my projects are complete
Old 9/3/14, 11:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow that car moves out! What with all the peps hanging out at the starting line on the track?
Old 9/4/14, 08:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Have you had a lot of street racing video threads shut down houtex?

You don't seem like the type
Not the point, whether I'm the type or not.

The rule was there (yes *there*, apparently) so that this site was not condoning street racing, and by extension, speeding, breaking the law, putting others at risk, etc. ad nauseum that goes with the scofflaws of the streets.

But if you're sayin' this one is fine, then I will point to it *as I post some myself.*

For I've seen some awesome cars... but they were street racing. So I wouldn't post that. Because rules. Because propriety.

This is now a free pass for all. So I'll be posting them shortly. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But Soon(tm).

Lock it, my opinion, and say why.

Last edited by houtex; 9/4/14 at 08:20 PM.
Old 9/4/14, 08:53 PM
Post *****

Not the point, whether I'm the type or not. The rule was there (yes *there*, apparently) so that this site was not condoning street racing, and by extension, speeding, breaking the law, putting others at risk, etc. ad nauseum that goes with the scofflaws of the streets. But if you're sayin' this one is fine, then I will point to it *as I post some myself.* For I've seen some awesome cars... but they were street racing. So I wouldn't post that. Because rules. Because propriety. This is now a free pass for all. So I'll be posting them shortly. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But Soon(tm). Lock it, my opinion, and say why.

To be honest there is a disconnect between the old guard and the new ownership. They put up what they want and we still do what we've been a custom to doing. Apparently street racing has become a gray area that seems to be endorsed by the ownership and their staff but still rejected by the old staff. So that's it honestly. Maybe no one else will say the truth but that's it. Our inquiries as to the official policy on street racing fall on deaf ears. If this gets me in trouble so be it.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 9/4/14 at 08:55 PM.
Old 9/4/14, 09:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Not the point, whether I'm the type or not.

The rule was there (yes *there*, apparently) so that this site was not condoning street racing, and by extension, speeding, breaking the law, putting others at risk, etc. ad nauseum that goes with the scofflaws of the streets.

But if you're sayin' this one is fine, then I will point to it *as I post some myself.*

For I've seen some awesome cars... but they were street racing. So I wouldn't post that. Because rules. Because propriety.

This is now a free pass for all. So I'll be posting them shortly. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But Soon(tm).

Lock it, my opinion, and say why.
I think you're the only one that cares about the rules at this point :P

We should have a Street Racing section, so you and I can post out favorite videos
Old 9/4/14, 09:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
To be honest there is a disconnect between the old guard and the new ownership. They put up what they want and we still do what we've been a custom to doing. Apparently street racing has become a gray area that seems to be endorsed by the ownership and their staff but still rejected by the old staff. So that's it honestly. Maybe no one else will say the truth but that's it. Our inquiries as to the official policy on street racing fall on deaf ears. If this gets me in trouble so be it.
Gary, you, Pete, and Jason are the only admin I care for on this site. I don't think I missed anyone?

Between the favoritism, bickering, dumb posts, and sh*tty app, I'm just about done with TMS. I've made some good friends on here, but TMS is quickly becoming nothing more than a waste of my AT&T data plan.
Old 9/4/14, 09:17 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by laserred38
Gary, you, Pete, and Jason are the only admin I care for on this site. I don't think I missed anyone? Between the favoritism, bickering, dumb posts, and sh*tty app, I'm just about done with TMS. I've made some good friends on here, but TMS is quickly becoming nothing more than a waste of my AT&T data plan.
Check out my last post in issue attaching photos thread
Old 9/5/14, 04:35 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Gary, you, Pete, and Jason are the only admin I care for on this site. I don't think I missed anyone?
The Bear?!

TMS is like a family . . . issues galore, trouble at times, but it's my Mustang home. Every site has/had/will have issues, be it technical or via its membership. We can't make anyone stay (but we hope all do), but we can invite more and grow this great family. Should be an exciting year with the launch of the 2015 . . . probably be a lot of threads to moderator/administrate as well!
Old 9/5/14, 05:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Check out my last post in issue attaching photos thread
I got it, works great.

Quick Reply: Twin-Turbo, Coyote-Powered Lincoln Mark VIII: The Ultimate Sleeper