Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Sorry this is not really 2010 related but........

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/08, 09:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe it's just me but it seems that every post from Even Steven comes off kind of "assholish".
Old 12/2/08, 11:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Maybe it's just me but it seems that every post from Even Steven comes off kind of "assholish".
I just think He Loves The Attention?
Old 12/3/08, 12:59 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Even . . .

Why such angst? I have no issue with how you view SVT or in a larger matter the 2010 Mustang. I was simply pointing out another perspective in a decent manner and yet you continue to post in such a negative fashion.

Are you wanting 'push back' so you can continue to post in the manner for which you have been for the past couple of days? If that is the case please advise and the situation can remedy itself rather quickly . . . .

From what I've read, it certainly wasn't from SVT.
Well cool . . . please share. I am always opening to reading about the inner workings of SVT . . . or lack thereof.

Last edited by Evil_Capri; 12/3/08 at 01:01 AM.
Old 12/3/08, 02:54 AM

SVT is now like what, a two man operation, I don't believe it is a subdivision anymore, just a nameplate they put on performance car development...
Old 12/3/08, 03:05 AM
Post *****

I wish we still had the SVT cobra instead of the Shelby GT500
Old 12/3/08, 05:05 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Even Steven
You're the one who asked me why I would post a link to such an old article.... Funny thing is that I don't see anyone else posting any references, but rather stating opinions on the matter. That's why I asked for someone to post a more relevant article. Maybe the information that I've read over the years is wrong, but I don't think SVT is anything more than a name these days.
We may both be on to something here . . . .

Performing a quick search reveals Ford's new Racing Director, Brian Wolfe, speaking at both the Raptor debut and Cobra Jet debut. That search also revealed (at least to me) that the Raptor was a joint effort by SVT and Ford Racing. Jamal Hameedi is mentioned as SVT chief engineer and there is a video from Garage419 of a tour of SVT. (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/156705...our_garage419/)
(http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=29340).

Then there is this quote from a MM&FF interview that to me confirms SVT has "dibs" on the GT500 as most already knew.
Last year, Ford Racing was responsible for producing and selling more than 10,000 modified Mustangs, all the Shelby GTs, all the Shelby GTAs, this year the King of the Road. All these modified, derivate Mustangs were built from Ford Racing performance parts.
(http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...iew/index.html)

So I know SVT of new is a far cry from 10 years ago, and I also contend it is different from the 2006 article you posted. Perhaps it falls somewhere in the middle. If it is just a 'name' today, it would seem to be Ford Racing's nameplate . . .
Old 12/3/08, 06:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2003REDGT
SVT is now like what, a two man operation, I don't believe it is a subdivision anymore, just a nameplate they put on performance car development...
Its more than just a "two man operation". Just go read into the crew on the SVT Raptor. There were alot of hands involved in designing, testing and building that truck. And who do you think did all the development on the GT500? It wasn't the regulars on the Mustang program. Jamal Hameedi, HTT, and others at the time. SVT is alive and well, TRUST ME!

Last edited by 05fordgt; 12/3/08 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12/3/08, 06:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
We may both be on to something here . . . .

Performing a quick search reveals Ford's new Racing Director, Brian Wolfe, speaking at both the Raptor debut and Cobra Jet debut. That search also revealed (at least to me) that the Raptor was a joint effort by SVT and Ford Racing. Jamal Hameedi is mentioned as SVT chief engineer and there is a video from Garage419 of a tour of SVT. (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/156705...our_garage419/)
(http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=29340).

Then there is this quote from a MM&FF interview that to me confirms SVT has "dibs" on the GT500 as most already knew.

(http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...iew/index.html)

So I know SVT of new is a far cry from 10 years ago, and I also contend it is different from the 2006 article you posted. Perhaps it falls somewhere in the middle. If it is just a 'name' today, it would seem to be Ford Racing's nameplate . . .
Okay, so are you saying that Ford Racing and SVT are basically one entity (or will soon become)? It almost seems silly to have two divisions with seemingly similar objectives.
Old 12/3/08, 07:20 PM
Cobra Member

isnt there also rumor to do a SVT Fusion or SVT Fusion Gt something like that?
Old 12/3/08, 07:20 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Its more than just a "two man operation". Just go read into the crew on the SVT Raptor. There were alot of hands involved in designing, testing and building that truck. And who do you think did all the development on the GT500? It wasn't the regulars on the Mustang program. Jamal Hameedi, HTT, and others at the time. SVT is alive and well, TRUST ME!

+1111111111111111111111
Old 12/3/08, 07:21 PM
Post *****

Ive heard rumors of such things, but no concrete public evidence yet..
Old 12/3/08, 08:01 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Okay, so are you saying that Ford Racing and SVT are basically one entity (or will soon become)? It almost seems silly to have two divisions with seemingly similar objectives.
From what I've surmised, Ford Racing is merely an accessory outfit for suspension components, superchargers, intakes, etc. SVT, on the other hand, actually engineers and builds "performance-oriented" vehicles.
Old 12/3/08, 08:14 PM
Banned

But if they are designing more performance oriented cars together, then I think they have a similar mission. Especially if you consider the fact that many of the Ford Racing performance parts are used on special edition cars right from the factory.
Old 12/3/08, 08:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

The GT500 was in development before SVT was pronounced "dead". The Raptor shows to me that the real SVT core priniciples are dead. Its failure will be another blow to the brand.
Old 12/3/08, 10:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by classix_stang289
is there any chance of seeing a "regular cobra" anytime soon or in the future? no not a shelby, just a plain svt cobra to add to fords lineup? any chance this could be in fords next chapter of plans?
Didn't Shelby bring the name Cobra to the Mustang originally? After his success with the AC Shelby Cobra, Ford hired him to help put some real performance into the "Secretary's" car as Shelby called the Mustang. Ford was able to use the name Cobra for years without Shelby's influence, but I do not think that will ever be the case again.
Old 12/4/08, 12:11 AM
Post *****

Shelby mustangs were never officially 'cobras' they were GT350s or GT500s or variations on those models. While people commonly refer to them as such, they were not. I bet alot of that slang just comes from shelby's logo, which is the snake.

Since shelby did not have any rights to a "mustang cobra" fords been able to use it on the IIs, the foxes, the SN95 and new edges.

ford hooked up with CS again because it seemed like a good way to create even more excitement on the already exciting S197. it looks like its gonna be that way for a while, since the new mustangs complement the 60s cars that he's so famous for.. though arin does not particularly like it.
Old 12/4/08, 04:50 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by max2000jp
The GT500 was in development before SVT was pronounced "dead". The Raptor shows to me that the real SVT core priniciples are dead. Its failure will be another blow to the brand.
Why do you predict a Raptor failure?
Old 12/4/08, 05:02 AM
Post *****

I am not offering any information related to the structure of SVT or Ford Racing. I was offering some evidence of life, but nothing more. I will state that it seems evident that SVT is no longer on its own island of performance . . .
Old 12/4/08, 07:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by max2000jp
The truck isn't even out yet! They decided to make a 4X4 truck instead this time, and for once, its a great idea! With the Lightnings (and the early Harley Davidson F150s), they were all 4X2 trucks, and you couldn't drive them everyday. I know some do, but some won't. The Raptor will appeal to those in the Mid-West who like to go off-roading. It will sell well in certain parts of the country. I like it personally, as its different.
Old 12/4/08, 07:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

The Raptor makes a hell of a lot more sense than the Lightning ever did, inasmuch as it is a truck.

Quick Reply: Sorry this is not really 2010 related but........